McBudz - White Widow and Northern Light / Big Bud grow

i just smoked some northern lights last night and it f-ed me up... that is such a strong sativa.... i was amped took my old lady out for a tuesday night on the town was all jacked up..... that strain scares me im stickin to indicas when available but yours are so pretty i cant wait to see them finish

I can't wait... :) It will be nice to have a variety to smoke from. Not that I'm complaining about my current stash :) Especially that hash.

According to nirvana the place i got the seeds NL is mostly indica and Big Bud is sativa/indica mix but does not give percentages. They advertise NLBB as:

Northern Lights x Big Bud was developed with the grower and smoker in mind. Big Bud has outragouse yield but tends to be a bit weak for the heavy smoker. Crossing Big Bud with a very potent Northern lights has made a more potent bud with losing only a small percent of the yield. The smoke from Northern Lights x Big Bud is rich and deep and the taste is lightly skunky.

Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
Plant height: Medium- Indica/Sativa mix
Stoned or high?: Stoney yet high- Allround Buzz
THC level: Medium 8-15%
Flowering Weeks: 8/10
Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 450-550
Harvest Month: 9/10
Grow difficulty: Moderate

IMG_1537.JPG

Beautimus ^^

I was thinking of vegging another week maybe 2 at most just to get those new tops a little more developed. I really can't have them getting taller than 5 feet or so. My grow room is only 6'7'' What do you all think?

God forbid i get a miss burley like harry red. They are going to go into 5 gallon buckets as soon as they show signs of being fem so thats an another 5 or 6 inches just from the transplant.

I think you should allow for Sativa dominant strains to triple in height. If you veg to 24", you may end up with 6 footers, or higher. I vegged to 12-13 inches in my current LST grow and the tallest cola still ended up being 45", even with the LSTing. I didn't use any Miss Burley clones either (she quadrupled). I'll save her for outside, next growing season. ;)

:peace:

Harry

Day 5 of flowering.

See maybe 3 plants with white pistols starting to emerge.

Found a setting on my camera that makes HPS shots look better. I can manually set the light to Tungsten which appears to act as a blue filter.

Normal:

IMG_1597.JPG

Tungsten mode:

IMG_1606.JPG

Ave plant height is 24 inches from top of soil. The HK is about 13 inches.

IMG_16031.JPG

IMG_16021.JPG

Been noticing some leaf deformations. Not sure if there is some sort of plant eating insect in my tent but I can't find any suspects. maybe they only come out at night? Tonight before lights out I am going to soak the plants in Safers insect killing soap. Made a batch last night and tested on some lower leaves to make sure I would not kill the whole crop. I suggest this method to anyone before hosing down a whole plant or crop with something.

Just a few leaves here and there nothing major but still upsets me.

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

:peace:

Just chopped down 5 males out of 8 plants. :( Kinda mad about it. Oh well. Now I'm like Hef and can special attention to my 3 lovely ladies. Lost the HK in the process, damn.

I have 2 WW and 1 NLBB. WW's on the left and NLBB on the right. NLBB looks a little wilted because I let it dry pretty good, just transplanted everyone into 5 gallon buckets to finish out the grow. Everyone just got a nice feeding so the NLBB will perc right up in the next couple of hours. She uses a lot of body language.

Copy_of_IMG_1607.JPG

Sorry about the high percentage of males dude, we've all been there before I think!
Your plants are looking sexy, great job so far.
One word of advice, you should never transplant or trim during flowering..this is a very sensitive time of the grow when they are sexing.
Good luck, hope you get some sweet buds!

Yeah I know but I didn't want to waste too much soil or drill holes in buckets I didn't need to so I waited for the very first signs of sex. I was very gentle with them. didn't break up the root ball or anything. Thanks

They look great, good job!

Damn thats a lot a males, looks like your tent will fill in nicely though.

You're doin great! I don't think my camera has that tungsten mode. ;-( LOL! It makes me wanna sell it and get something that has that ability. ;-) The pics with it are amazing!

Back
Top Bottom