McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

Good weed all, I hope these plants in flower grow more. In the past, especially the sativas....will put out pistils throughout their life in flower, then they almost all turn orange or brown or whatever, THEN.....the plant will put out a final push of pistils and when those are mostly darkened...withered.....whatever....the plant is finished. I'm sure I'm going to be disappointed with yield. This will be good to compare with the next run....I did this run with just two plants in large pots to see if I could get comparable yields with fewer plants. In my next run I will reproduce the conditions that have given me my highest yields. I really screwed up by these plants not being ready for flower when I whacked the last ones, it set me back a full 30 days on a harvest....and with these looking like they could go ten weeks..............it pains me to do the math....LOL!:thumb::circle-of-love:

Good Weed, Mc :)

The act of drying is enough to de-carboxylate the THC and CBD. (Remember drying your buds?)

The term "decarboxylation" literally means removal of the COOH (carboxyl group) and its replacement with a proton.

COOH = CO2 + H (proton).

Drying evaporates water vapour and CO2, releasing the carboxyl group.

The process is simply speeded up in an oven or dehydrator.

hash becomes psychoactive as it dries :)

I don't know if a capsule is the most efficient way of dosing.

You have no idea how much hash you really absorbed

(and how much completed the journey to the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, intact.)

Good Weed, Mc :)

The act of drying is enough to de-carboxylate the THC and CBD. (Remember drying your buds?)

COOH = CO2 + H (proton).

Drying evaporates water vapour and CO2, releasing the carboxyl group.

The process is simply speeded up in an oven or dehydrator.

hash becomes psychoactive as it dries :)

I don't know if a capsule is the most efficient way of dosing.

You have no idea how much hash you really absorbed

(and how much completed the journey to the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak, intact.)

Interesting sir, I hope that I absorbed most of it.......I'm just wondering if I should decarb the next test dose?......What do you think?

Good weed chron!, and all the 420ers......LOL. I just ordered a complete 600 watt hps and three new bulbs. Ir cooled square hood, 6" flanges. The plan has been set in motion............I'll describe the setup I'm going to use again; I'm putting a rigid 6" galvanized pipe between the lights, the intake will be open on the left end, then a hood, then the pipe, then another hood, then the blower......the ducting goes through the wall with a flapper valve, then to a Y with the clothes dryer and out the dryer vent. I need to get humidifiers running as my veg room is at 27%, flower room at 39%. The flower room will be ok til the superskunk finish....but the veg plants are not liking the 27%. That's all for now, I hated to spend the dough......but you know what they say; "you gotta spend money..........."....good weed everyone, another plan, another adventure........I love the challenge, the anticipation, and just visualizing what's going to take place here shortly. The grow space is like 36" by 60".....1200 watts of hps with new bulbs should give me a nice level of saturation, and hopefully some penetration. If odor becomes an issue I can put a can on the intake side of the rig.

You know you could send me that induction light lol.
I would find some use with it lol. Just joking with you Mcloadie.
I would veg with it and use the 600s for flower.

LOLOL....yeah a 800$ veg light....LOL, live and learn. It's time for mcloadie to step up his game....the demand is exceeding the supply quickly! The indoor organic products are worth way more to me than the outdoor, they are very high quality and exotic. The outdoor mexikush is the best of the season......it is soooo lovely, it smells like perfume. I am just a simple country boy.......but I knew when that bagseed got six feet and turned purple........this must have been the south American genetics that the Mexicans had to outsource to bump up their game. I've seen a coupla plants growin outside by what are referred to as "master growers".......and the bagseed looked just as good. The problem with imported products are the processing techniques, growing techniques, packaging and shipping. If I took my recently harvested weed, didn't let it dry completely, put it in a trash compactor, and let it sit and mold for a year or so.......it would probably be the same quality.

Plants in flower; 58 days 12/12

0021520.JPG

0031452.JPG

0041362.JPG

0051291.JPG

Here's something a little more interesting; I've been having issues with these plants in veg, and a certain course of events has brought some things to my attention. The background on these plants is; They were fine for a long time, then, I started using r/o water/30% tap water. They looked a little pekid and I decided to use some triple 16 and Epsom because they were showing mag and nitrogen deficiencies. I did this twice.........half doses of triple sixteen, full 1 tbsp. Epsom/gal. water mixture. They still aren't responding. I recalled some folks saying that they checked the r/o water they buy from the r/o machines at the grocery store or wherever, and the pH would fluctuate greatly. I checked the pH on my jugs of r/o from the store and was shocked as hell to see the pH at around 5.5!!!!!!! No wonder I'm having issues with them! So, I attempted to adjust to a ph of around 6.8 and we'll see what happens. I also am beginning the dr earth regimen, with the use of the triple three liquid concentrate. It's loaded with micronutes and I've had excellent luck with it. I also got a jug of the new dr earth flowering nutes......golden bloom. I will start adding this to the veg plants around a week before they go into flower. Can't wait for the new hps to get here and I'll start reconfiguring my flower room.

0061119.JPG
011520.JPG[/img]

Another thing; a friend purchased a soil test kit from the hardware store.......tested some new soil and handed me the kit to test mine. You all may know that I'm not big on checking pH....once I think it's good. Well, I tested the soil on the vegging plants and the test revealed that the soil is still almost hot!, I shouldn't be having N issues for sure....or any issues other than a possible micronutrient deficiency.......another indication that I have some sort of lockout.......which is quite often the case when we see these problems. BTW Harley, the soil tested was black gold...my friends soil.....it tested lovely, and I get a sneak preview of what's ahead for me as I'll be using the black gold for my next run. Thanks to everyone.........all your comments, findings, ideas, successes and mistakes are what makes it possible for me to accomplish my goals in growing.............I encounter brilliant folks all the time in this forum and I'm very thankful for it!

haha you little fattie!......It didn't show on my thread but it showed in my email where you asked if I wanted some Epsom....you are a true smart azz!, and I love ya rico.....you made me smile!

:bigblush: You got me :) Glad I made you smile

I thought it was a bit cheeky, once you had your text up with the pH

and had already given them epsom with no effect.

It's crazy how R/O water pH fluctuates so much!

It's like they take all the salts and minerals out,

but leave the ratio of Hydroxl ions to Hydronium ions unchanged :scratchinghead:

I hope the ph stabilizes for you. could that be from overfeeding?

Ya know B, I really don't know, LOL it seems like every grow is my first one and other issues...slightly or completely different from what I've encountered before arise. My flowering plants have been cut off nutes for 2 weeks and are still showing signs of nute overdose...they did the whole grow....LOL, If that's what I'm seeing! You have given me an idea for a course of action. I like plans, I like regimentation, clear lines......you know...well defined compartmentalization. I put things in boxes.......I have the boxes in my mind for future reference. One thing I'm thinking is; WTF is going to happen when those nutreints that I've been pounding those veg plants with become available? Probly burn em! So, I tipped one out yesterday, and with the extra time these have been in veg due to my miscalculation that these plants would be going into flower 2 weeks sooner than they actually will....they are a little heavy on roots in the two gallon pots.....SO, I'll take em in the bathtub....flush the crap out of em, and I'm going to try to get em in the next smallest pot that will get em thru flower. Im thinkin I'll give em two more gallons of new soil each when they go in 4 gallon pots. The 4 gallon pots will just fill the flowering space, and with 1200 watts of hps on em we should see some results. If anyone has other ideas I would be very interested in hearing them...........even if no one learns from all this discussion....you all will get to see a little further into how A mind might come up with poor convoluted solutions to silly little problems!

I apologize for not getting around to everyones journals promptly.....my life is hectic.......but I'm still pulling hard for the cause. I have a tremendous burden on my heart to expand............I don't go on vacations, all I own is a nice bike....I even get to ride it sometimes....LOL......I need to have more meds to meet the demand of patients, and no one is going to do it for me...peace....I miss fishy!

Back
Top Bottom