Mega Crop opinions

Are you a new grower? I'd definitely recommend getting used to just megacrop if so. It will see you from seed to harvest no problem. Then you can decide if the additives are worth the risk/expense /hassle. Lots on here (including myself) using just megacrop with very good results.

Are you a new grower? I'd definitely recommend getting used to just megacrop if so. It will see you from seed to harvest no problem. Then you can decide if the additives are worth the risk/expense /hassle. Lots on here (including myself) using just megacrop with very good results.
i got a few grows under my belt, still, relatively new, only used terra nutes so far.

haven't you had issues with too much N? and too little P?

what about other stuff, calcium mag etc, did you encounter any deficiencies?

also, how much should i buy. how long will a 1kg bag last me? i just need to stock up before next growing season cuz they're always out of stock, ya think 1kg is enongh for 3 decently sized plants outdoors?

No I haven't had any noteworthy issues related to feeding .. I've been on the MC for 4 cycles or so. I hear some folks get a bit of deficiency in mid flower but the jury is out on the reason, could be more to do with their water source than anything I suspect. Regardless they seem to be getting perfectly nice harvests. Perfection is a pretty high standard. I like the simplicity and extremely low cost. I'd recommend investing a good accurate scale that measures to the hundredth of a gram (most folks weigh it out in grams/gallon).

What version do you have? I have V.3, with the balls again. It works :hmmmm: if you don't follow the directions and feed them every time you water...been there done that...got the crispy critter lock out on 1, the others are doing fine as long as I water, water, feed...but I'm switching back to the Fox Farms nutrients, more expensive, but better results :thumb:

i got a few grows under my belt, still, relatively new, only used terra nutes so far.

also, how much should i buy. how long will a 1kg bag last me? i just need to stock up before next growing season cuz they're always out of stock, ya think 1kg is enongh for 3 decently sized plants outdoors?
It would be close to enough probably but all depends how often you're watering and how big the plants are etc... It's so cheap I'd go for a bigger size personally, it would suck to run out and not be able to get more. I got the 2.5kg bag first for a few grows then picked up a 10kg recently. Keep it in an airtight container and it should last a lonnnng time.

No I haven't had any noteworthy issues related to feeding .. I've been on the MC for 4 cycles or so. I hear some folks get a bit of deficiency in mid flower but the jury is out on the reason, could be more to do with their water source than anything I suspect. Regardless they seem to be getting perfectly nice harvests. Perfection is a pretty high standard. I like the simplicity and extremely low cost. I'd recommend investing a good accurate scale that measures to the hundredth of a gram (most folks weigh it out in grams/gallon).
nice! question: i use a ph meter. but i would like to switch over to ph drops, are they accurate enough? i just don't wanna deal with calibrating the pen. also, can i use MG with terra canna professional as medium=

It would be close to enough probably but all depends how often you're watering and how big the plants are etc... It's so cheap I'd go for a bigger size personally, it would suck to run out and not be able to get more. I got the 2.5kg bag first for a few grows then picked up a 10kg recently. Keep it in an airtight container and it should last a lonnnng time.
how much do i need to use in a liter of water during flowering?

What version do you have? I have V.3, with the balls again. It works :hmmmm: if you don't follow the directions and feed them every time you water...been there done that...got the crispy critter lock out on 1, the others are doing fine as long as I water, water, feed...but I'm switching back to the Fox Farms nutrients, more expensive, but better results :thumb:
My first bag was kinda brown and stinky with balls. The new 10kg I have is grey with no balls. Not sure what version is which at this point. I haven't noticed any real difference in performance so far.

I'd stick with a decent ph pen. Drops are hard to read especially when the solution is a bit coloured to begin with. I had a few cheap pens that constantly needed calibration then went for an Apera PH60 which seems to stay calibrated for far longer. Well worth the 100 bucks in my world at least... Most folks are using roughly 5 grams per gallon max, some a little more..

I'm growing with mc for the first time as well. 1KG would likely be plenty.
To give some exaggerated worst case estimate:
The trend seems to be people watering at 6g / G during flower which would give you a min of 166.66G of feed.
If you were to consume 3G of water per feeding (you won't) that'd be ~= 55 feeds.

@MochaBud are you suggesting not to feed every time?

I'd stick with a decent ph pen. Drops are hard to read especially when the solution is a bit coloured to begin with. I had a few cheap pens that constantly needed calibration then went for an Apera PH60 which seems to stay calibrated for far longer. Well worth the 100 bucks in my world at least... Most folks are using roughly 5 grams per gallon max, some a little more..
i have a 20 euro pen that hold calibration for up to a month and a half, still tho it's a pain when i forget. drops seem much less of a hassle and cost much less too...

does water change color when you add this fertilizer?

The 2500 gram bag will last a yr or 2. I've been using 2 yrs now and I love it! No deficiency or anything just huge monsters lol

You might get away with that but it depends on the water and media. In a well buffered soil and water with low total alkalinity it may be ok. If anyone wants to run an experiment without ph adjusting that's their business. I use coco so adjust every time.

I'm growing with mc for the first time as well. 1KG would likely be plenty.
To give some exaggerated worst case estimate:
The trend seems to be people watering at 6g / G during flower which would give you a min of 166.66G of feed.
If you were to consume 3G of water per feeding (you won't) that'd be ~= 55 feeds.

@MochaBud are you suggesting not to feed every time?
In my short experience with it, yes, but as I'm finding out if you use it in smaller doses, it's fine... @VetSmoke85 had a NL auto that looked great, mine I fed full strength every time and it went crispy critter on me :hmmmm: oh well, live and learn I always say...there's no better teacher than a good mistake :thumb:

You might get away with that but it depends on the water and media. In a well buffered soil and water with low total alkalinity it may be ok. If anyone wants to run an experiment without ph adjusting that's their business. I use coco so adjust every time.
Ya I'm a soil grower and been growing a long time and have never checked PH. But coco from what I hear you cant get away from that

Back
Top Bottom