MGD420 First Grow: Autos

btw whoever told you to water light in coco or it would drown the plant is a complete ass.

a straight coco grow can be fed daily. it's a hyro app. coco requires multiple daily feedings in flower or it's toast. you can't drown the plant unless you run a hose and walk away. exact same for hempy. only difference is hempy carries a res and can go with fewer feedings.

if you got told that junk at the hydro shop go back and slap that idiot hard.

Thanks.

I mentioned in the previous post bud. It was 5ml per litre. 5ml grow, 5ml bloom and 5ml micro and mixed that into 5 litres of water.

Should I be correcting the water's pH with the pH perfect nutes. I was before but apparently with them you leave as is ?

I have an ec meter its a bluelabs truncheon.

What sort of ec should I be looking to get with the AN nutes.

Thanks again for the replies and help its appreciated.

btw whoever told you to water light in coco or it would drown the plant is a complete ass.

a straight coco grow can be fed daily. it's a hyro app. coco requires multiple daily feedings in flower or it's toast. you can't drown the plant unless you run a hose and walk away. exact same for hempy. only difference is hempy carries a res and can go with fewer feedings.

if you got told that junk at the hydro shop go back and slap that idiot hard.

This was before I joined 420Magazine on another forum, more than one person advised I was over watering.
I figured as much so refused to listen and started feeding the plants more and the growth exploded over that time. From everything I've read up on coco it said the opposite from the advice given and that's why I was saying about there being so much conflicting evidence, advice out there, its easy for a new grower to be confused by it all. Common sense told me to feed more not less so I did and the plants thanked me for it.

Thanks.

I mentioned in the previous post bud. It was 5ml per litre. 5ml grow, 5ml bloom and 5ml micro and mixed that into 5 litres of water.

Should I be correcting the water's pH with the pH perfect nutes. I was before but apparently with them you leave as is ?

I have an ec meter its a bluelabs truncheon.

What sort of ec should I be looking to get with the AN nutes.

Thanks again for the replies and help its appreciated.

i'd go up 1ml / 5L then. it's not begging for it yet. but you might be getting closer. you don't want a big spike in nutes, just a gradual ramp. and make sure to watch. you need to be ready to pull back if a tox issue shows.

the ph perfect stuff is just a gimmick. does not work as advertised. unless you're in a buffered soil you will get ph problems if you fail to do it. ph is more crucial in hydro, so i would continue to correct ph to 5.8 before feeding.

i'd go up 1ml / 5L then. it's not begging for it yet. but you might be getting closer. you don't want a big spike in nutes, just a gradual ramp. and make sure to watch. you need to be ready to pull back if a tox issue shows.

the ph perfect stuff is just a gimmick. does not work as advertised. unless you're in a buffered soil you will get ph problems if you fail to do it. ph is more crucial in hydro, so i would continue to correct ph to 5.8 before feeding.

Ok, I'll up the nutes by a ml, only time I can check on the plants will be tonight after work, I leave in 15 minutes. Thats if I can get the car out the driveway with the snow that is.

I have read that the pH perfect lineup is a bit of a gimmick and that it does nothing to the pH to correct it but allows the plant to take up the nutrients over a wider pH range

I have read that the pH perfect lineup is a bit of a gimmick and that it does nothing to the pH to correct it but allows the plant to take up the nutrients over a wider pH range

correct. it relies on a different chelation to make the nutrients available. MC does the same, but is careful to recommend continuing to ph.

only part of the content is not dependent on ph. the majority still is.

Hello MGD420 & welcome to :420:
Your plants look well and you have a very good mentor
helping in @bluter .
I recently harvested 3 Gorilla Glue auto’s , my first auto attempt.
All 3 plants were up potted twice and ended up in 5 gal soft pots in a soil mix .
I followed their schedule and used Fox Farm newts.
I also did 20/4 lighting thru out my grow except for 2 weeks after sprouting.
All 3 started preflower between 32 days and 36 days.
I used different training methods on each one and the
results varied pretty drastically.
I started the training before Day 22 on each.
One plant I did a quad line and this resulted in the smallest plant.
She was harvested first back on 12/17. The yield 4 oz. after the dry and 3 weeks of cure.
I am continuing the cure and burp the jars every other day now .
The second plant was only topped , harvested during Christmas,
and she is in bottles now just starting the cure . Burped daily .
Looks like she will yield around 5.5 oz .
By far the largest plant , received LST per @InTheShed .
Harvested on 1/3
She is still in the frig drying ( yesterday the RH was around 70%.
I start cure when RH is around 65%.
After curing a few weeks her yield will be around 7 oz.
I highly recommend LST as a training method , with very low stress ,
to increase yield.
Good luck and remember once you do harvest , you are half way.
The dry and the cure are critical to quality. Please do your research.
:high-five:

correct. it relies on a different chelation to make the nutrients available. MC does the same, but is careful to recommend continuing to ph.

only part of the content is not dependent on ph. the majority still is.
I'll check the pH next time I feed then.

I've always tried to keep the pH of the water I'm feeding the plants at 5.8 but have noticed the pH rises quite quick, within a few hours when checking any extra water thats left over. The water where I am is between 7 - 7.6 so always have to drop the pH down, ive never had to pH up.

ph after you add nutes to the water just before you feed. don't worry about tracking it other than that. run off ph will not tell you anything at all in any media save dwc.

So enthusiastic, its pouring out of me.
Not even half way through the first and already planning the second grow.

For next grow. All photo's except the pineapple express. I'll keep that for another auto grow.
Not sure if I'll grow 1 cookies kush and 2 nebula or 1 nebula, 1 cookies kush and another strain. Guess we will just have to wait and see. First I need to get my first grow done.

20210105_230318.jpg
I know that feeling.... Just started second grow. Catching up on your journal. Whats your medium?

helping in @bluter .
All 3 plants were up potted twice and ended up in 5 gal soft pots in a soil mix .
She was harvested first back on 12/17. The yield 4 oz. after the dry and 3 weeks of cure.
Harvested on 1/3
to increase yield.
Thanks for putting this in one page SM. You won journal of the Month or year didn't you.. You grew some beasts. It was the best journal I read. I got 4 Gorilla Glue Autos in 2 different pots and in two different mediums... only doing LST. :hookah:

ph after you add nutes to the water just before you feed. don't worry about tracking it other than that. run off ph will not tell you anything at all in any media save dwc.

I always do bud, that part I did get right.
I was meaning if I've mixed up say 5 litres and only use 2.5 litres I always check the pH of the water that was mixed with the nutes that i didn't use before feeding the rest to the plants the day after. Ive never kept the water with nutes for any longer than a day.
How long would you say is fine for keeping the nutrients water before mixing again. 2 - 3 days ?

with AN i make a fresh mix every time. the stuff is too unstable to keep around once mixed. weird shit always happens.

with the MC there is no problem mixing ahead or even keep the excess for future feedings. just ph again before feeding. don't re-use run off with anything. feed your garden or houseplants with it. they'll explode.

in hempy you can do a formula. x amount of feed water per plant every x-time. it's near impossible to fuck up.
for my 2L plants i water 750ml of feed water every time. for the 5L i water one L of feed water every time.

figure out what the res is holding, and feed the plant till that res pisses 10 - 25% each and every time. the amounts you feed will be exactly the same each and every time for every single plant. couldn't possibly be simpler.

hempy is good for first time growers that way. it's super hard to mess it up.

helping in @bluter .
Harvested on 1/3
to increase yield.

Hi Senior Moments.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpful post, I'll take a look through your profile posts once I'm back home.
The plants look to be doing much better so will probably start LST over the weekend..

Sorry if my replies aren't huge or detailed, I'm at work so have limited time to read every message and reply back.

if this is a first run i'd strongly recommend letting them run natural. learning any training technique is far far better and will get better results with photos.

get training down with photos before trying it in auto. walk before run. glide before fly.

I know that feeling.... Just started second grow. Catching up on your journal. Whats your medium?
The medium is coco mixed with around 20/25% perlite.
Base for the bottom of the hempy bucket is gold label hydrocorn with about 1 inch of perlite on top then the coco and perlite on top of that.

I'll make a post over the next day or two regarding everything I'm using in the grow.
Should have done that at the beginning but I've never done a journal before so looking at other peoples for ideas.

with AN i make a fresh mix every time. the stuff is too unstable to keep around once mixed. weird shit always happens.

with the MC there is no problem mixing ahead or even keep the excess for future feedings. just ph again before feeding. don't re-use run off with anything. feed your garden or houseplants with it. they'll explode.

in hempy you can do a formula. x amount of feed water per plant every x-time. it's near impossible to fuck up.
for my 2L plants i water 750ml of feed water every time. for the 5L i water one L of feed water every time.

figure out what the res is holding, and feed the plant till that res pisses 10 - 25% each and every time. the amounts you feed will be exactly the same each and every time for every single plant. couldn't possibly be simpler.

hempy is good for first time growers that way. it's super hard to mess it up.

Sorry if you mentioned it in a previous post and I've missed it but whats MC, I get that it's nutrients but what brand. Some of the nutrients that are available to you and other growers in the US and Canada are hard to find here in the UK without paying silly money to import.

What would be the best way to figure out the res size ?

if you followed standard hempy rule and situated the hole 2 - 2 1/2 inches. up from the bottom, that will be approx 25% of the bucket volume.. i drill the hole at 2 1/4".

to get the proper feed measure :

take a dry bucket with the hole in the correct spot. do not put any media in the bucket.
fill with water until 10 - 25% flows out. measure that amount. that is the amount you will feed each time.
super simple.

you should go have a look at my journal. a couple others are running hempy too. not as many post now. the method is easy so it gets boring at some point.

i'm mostly interested to see how you're gonna stuff those things in to a 2 x 4.

if they grow to the bucket capacity you could have a tree party with the neighbours.. :bongrip:

if you followed standard hempy rule and situated the hole 2 - 2 1/2 inches. up from the bottom, that will be approx 25% of the bucket volume.. i drill the hole at 2 1/4".

to get the proper feed measure :

take a dry bucket with the hole in the correct spot. do not put any media in the bucket.
fill with water until 10 - 25% flows out. measure that amount. that is the amount you will feed each time.
super simple.

you should go have a look at my journal. a couple others are running hempy too. not as many post now. the method is easy so it gets boring at some point.

The hole for each bucket is 2" from the base.

I'll try get another bucket over the weekend and fill it with water until run off but with everything on lockdown here it's hard to find or get what you need at time's.

I'll have a look once I'm back home but ill follow your profile just now, I did have a quick look on some of your posts regarding hempys but haven't had the time to read through them properly yet.

Back
Top Bottom