Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

Hey Mike,

I have the very same Ballast. Lumatek digital 1000 watt dimmable,switchable. IT IS THE SHIZNIT BRO!!! I have mine set currently @ 750 its so damn efficient. When you turn it to 1000 watts it really blasts off!!! I only have seedlings currently under 750, but it is getting the job done quik. NIce Purchase!!!!

Thanks Jawasen, Took almost an hour to post all that and make sure i got all the tags right, had to take a nice fat :bigtoke: after that one.

CadillacMike - Just checked out your new pics man, everythings lookin good so far but i would maybe wait until there are a few more leaves before u start feeding. Remember to cut GH's feeding schedule down.

You are right bud, i will wait till i change the res next week to add any more nutes. I cut down the current levels by draining some water and replenishing it with fresh ph'ed water. Hope it works. No problems yet. Nice grow you have yourself. After seeing your grow, i decided to try some bell peppers along with the med plants. Ill be coming to you for veggi questions! lol.

Go for it man, are you doing them in a hydro bucket or soil?? i dont have to Ph or test and of the res water for the pepper tree, just eyeball what looks good atm and no matter how strong or weak i mixed it, the plant loved every bit.

Well i've hit a problem everybody, im starting to run out of room and am considering chopping the pepper tree. I just cannot bring myself to do it. If it wasnt for the pepper bush i wouldnt have the confidence to make it this far with S.A.G.E. and PK. Is there any way i could transplant this monster to dirt once it gets a little warmer outside? The plant started in soil, got pulled at a few inches and was thrown into a bubble cloner to form new roots then straight to the bubble bucket. So it was a soil plant at one point, then DWC and now maybe back to soil? If anybody has ANY thoughts on this lets hear em

Heres a few without the HPS running
01_003.jpg

01_007.jpg

01_002.jpg

01_001.jpg

01_005.jpg

purdy :), and damn that pepper plant is a machine!

SG

Thanks SG, I wish you guys could see it in person, the pictures do these plants no justice. I have actually had to prune back the pepper plant alot since S.A.G.E. is its neighbor and is growing 1-2" in every direction every day :grinjoint:

Damn mike now those are some green a*s ladies. Saint Patties day early! :bravo:

Thanks Butcher, every time i look in there with the lights on i think im seeing yellowing but when they are away from the light they are very lush green :yummy:

yesterday i decided to turn it up to 1000w when the lights came on at 5 and the canopy temps didnt go about 77 on one therm. and 80 on the other. i also kept an eye on all of the plugs and sockets the light is connected to to make sure none of the plugs or the wall socket were getting warm. I just feel uncomfortable having the ballast, vortex fan, 2 air pumps, oscillating fan, 6 cfl's, clone heat mat and fan for that cabinet all plugged in and running in the same room. The ballast has its own socket in the room, the vortex has another socket, and the clone stuff (cfls etc.) all share the same socket. I've tried to space everything out to different sockets to cut back on drawing too much from one. Let me know what you guys and girls think about this and if it sounds safe to use the "super lumens".

BTW the house has a brand new breaker box and all brand new fuses

Nice MH! Nothing for me to really say other than that... you have it going on nicely.
BTW, aren't those called "Beppers" since they're grown with bubbles? (Hmmmmm.....take another hit Jawasan!:bongrip:)

Thanks SG, I wish you guys could see it in person, the pictures do these plants no justice. I have actually had to prune back the pepper plant alot since S.A.G.E. is its neighbor and is growing 1-2" in every direction every day :grinjoint:

Thanks Butcher, every time i look in there with the lights on i think im seeing yellowing but when they are away from the light they are very lush green :yummy:

yesterday i decided to turn it up to 1000w when the lights came on at 5 and the canopy temps didnt go about 77 on one therm. and 80 on the other. i also kept an eye on all of the plugs and sockets the light is connected to to make sure none of the plugs or the wall socket were getting warm. I just feel uncomfortable having the ballast, vortex fan, 2 air pumps, oscillating fan, 6 cfl's, clone heat mat and fan for that cabinet all plugged in and running in the same room. The ballast has its own socket in the room, the vortex has another socket, and the clone stuff (cfls etc.) all share the same socket. I've tried to space everything out to different sockets to cut back on drawing too much from one. Let me know what you guys and girls think about this and if it sounds safe to use the "super lumens".

BTW the house has a brand new breaker box and all brand new fuses

It usually doesn't matter where you plug them in, there probably all on the same circuit, so if it's overloaded it will still kick off the breaker.But your right in not plugging them all in one plug , that can cause a fire . :peace:

id say go check out your breakers and see what they can support. I personally run and hide an extention for a seperate breaker for the electronics pulling the least amount of electricity. This way the draw from the outlet having to handle the light and ballast had less of a chance or poppin. Just a suggestion though.

Nice MH! Nothing for me to really say other than that... you have it going on nicely.
BTW, aren't those called "Beppers" since they're grown with bubbles? (Hmmmmm.....take another hit Jawasan!:bongrip:)

Hahaha call em whatever you want theyre getting huge. The closet now smells like sweet young weed plants and banana peppers :smokin:

It usually doesn't matter where you plug them in, there probably all on the same circuit, so if it's overloaded it will still kick off the breaker.But your right in not plugging them all in one plug , that can cause a fire . :peace:

Glad to hear im not causing any fire hazards or at least reducing them. well have to see today when it comes on at 5 if it kicks the breaker on startup.

id say go check out your breakers and see what they can support. I personally run and hide an extention for a seperate breaker for the electronics pulling the least amount of electricity. This way the draw from the outlet having to handle the light and ballast had less of a chance or poppin. Just a suggestion though.

Thanks Butcher, I never thought of just running an extension cord to another room and plugging some minor stuff in there.

the light turns off at 5AM, before im awake so i checked at lunch for any tripped breakers and were good so far, i now know the lights didnt turn off pre-maturly throughout the night. Im gonna have to go do some testing and figure out which breaker is associated with my room and possibly swap it out for a 20 - 25AMP? all of the breakers in the house are 15amp except for the seperate lines that go to the refrigerator, washer dryer, Etc. Every device that pulls any considerable amount of power in the house got its own line and 20amp breaker so i know it wont be sharing a fuse with anything big.

Thanks guys for the advice, Heres my Monday morning update

After moving everything around again, chopping the pepper tree, and wraping all of the exhaust ducting with insulation this is what im left with. I also aquired 2 new AK47 clones that are in a 5Gal bubble bucket going straight into 12/12. Not to mention a few others :ganjamon: On with the pictures!

The fat ladies
03_004.jpg

03_003.jpg

Power Kush - Dinafem seeds
Ph 5.9
PPM 1700
Res temp 67.2

04_010.jpg

04_012.jpg

S.A.G.E. - TH seeds
PH 6.0
PPM 1400
Res Temp 68.5

04_008.jpg

04_009.jpg

New AK47 babies, both had small roots showing when they were added to the bin, should be seeing roots out of the bottom any day now
04_013.jpg

PK and S.A.G.E. both had a slight trim lastnight and i took 6 more cuttings from PK and 8 from S.A.G.E. that were all on the underside and had no chance for any light.

Heres my tray of clones, I have no clue what im going to do with all of these but i couldnt just throw them away :smokin:
03_012.jpg

First batch of cuttings, 2 S.A.G.E. on the left and 6 PK on right
03_006.jpg

ANd i had a nice suprise saturday night after picking up the new clones, My FIRST ROOTS!!!:ganjamon::slide::slide:
03_007.jpg

03_008.jpg

Both are PK

Here's my 6 new PK cuttings, very stretched from not getting any light on the underside
03_009.jpg

After a recount i actually have 9 new S.A.G.E. cuttings 7 of which are being rooted in peat pellets since i ran out of rockwool and wanted to try the pellets anyways.
03_010.jpg

And i forgot to mention this new addition as well, Its a NYC diesel clone already rooted in soil. All of the new clones were traded for cuttings of mine so i couldnt turn down a FREE clone :yummy:
03_011.jpg

Heres a pic of the light with insulation wrapping the exhaust duct.
03_005.jpg

Gonna have to remove that shelf here real soon.

On to the Pepper Monster assasination :ganjamon:
04_004.jpg

04_003.jpg

04_002.jpg

04_005.jpg

04_006.jpg

Root mass starting to rot, The harvest came just in time. I know i could have recovered these roots but it was just a matter of space in the closet and well, I enjoy buds much MUCH more than peppers.
04_001.jpg

And for the final harvest, 37 peppers. Weighing in at 19oz. :cool:
04_007.jpg

Hope you guys/girls enjoy the pictures. Feel free to ask any questions you might have :peacetwo:

Damn Mike that pepper tree could feed a army! Just have to find a area for some of those clones! I am planning on making 2 Home Depot DIY bubblers for a little 60$ shed I bought from there. Side project I guess but it is fun being busy with that stuff, throw a light and there and maybe do a scrog or something with a smaller HPS or buy another LED because I recieve clones like you lol and don't want them to go to waste, either way it all looks good right now props man and keep it goin!

SG

Thanks SG, iv'e thought about doing the same thing but i cannot bring myself to construct another box of some sorts. I've gone through 3 to get where im at now. If anything i'll build a full room when the time comes :ganjamon: A small HPS bubble SOG would be really cool, flower them early to keep em within height.

Well guys and girls i now have another rooted clone. One of the S.A.G.E. cuttings rooted overnight after i took the pictures and was discovered today :slide: This was my biggest fear overcome, that i wouldnt be able to clone my ladies. Now i have 2 rooted Power Kush 12 more waiting, 1 Rooted S.A.G.E. and 10 more waiting, plus the 2 AK47 and 1 NYC Diesel already rooted. What am i to do with all of these little girls :thedoubletake:

as far as your clone issue goes. That why you took so many, so you can get the strongest fastests rooting clones, right? :goodjob:

Trust me taking more then enough is always good. Thats exactly how you get the best herb. So job well done. Plus you can experiment and toss w/ no worries. and hell yeah !!!! on those peppers.

Thanks Butcher, it really feels good to have new roots and to know i can do it.

Cadillac - I dont use any feeder tubes and never did. I didnt even know about them until after i started. I based my tubs and buckets off of labrat's designs.

Here are more roots starting to explode out of one of the PK clones. This one will be ready for a bucket in no time
roots39.jpg

Back
Top Bottom