Monster Cloning & Seeds, LEDs, Promix & Soil

Mites? Or thrips? The thrips are a little easier to eradicate than mites. Both suck literally the life outta the leaves. Prune was a good call. Funny idk if it will even hit 62 today. Sending cool weather your way brother

They are both up in the gardens. Mites: I saw specks of suspect little creatures in the loupe, and they moved, then my new friend @MrLoveGrow mentioned their egg sacs looking like tricombs on the leaf bottoms....I had that so mites it is. O and some thrips also. I swear in my microscope I saw legs and all however my microscope is worn out and the focus is hard to maintain.
O and sometimes I'm a little slow on the updates lol. Last I read u had a summer :rofl:

Howdy Folks,

Grow, lol yea it's true they are slow but at that zoom & your opposite movement....
Update:
Ok so I sprayed 3days in a row with safers. I lost one Cali O, GG2 and one other I can't remember right now.

Cuttings look ok I saw a small root on one start last night. Today there were no bubbles in the water so I added 1/4ml/4l enzyme complete.

Ok enough stalling yes yes it's happening!!!!
Lady's are in dark!!!!!! Finished their thrid spray in 4 days. 12/12 will start Monday!

Folks, the prep girls look fantastic. Green and reaching.
Frostys to all!!

Well you can start making oil as soon as you harvest, K, I have to go back and read your journal but it will take time cause I'm a slow reader. The sooner you make oil the better. Do you have all your ingredients yet Lowded? And how long to your next harvest? I'm excited for you. BTW, you get 2 gold stars for already getting your CBD. Just make sure you always have CBD on your personal medicine routine and you can't go wrong.

I'm here whenever you need me...:cool:

Hi, from your Photos a couple pages back, you got thrips. They are complete bastards. Lots of insecticide resistance in various populations and they develop resistance quickly. I have to deal with these in a glasshouse situation at work and i hate them with a burning passion. You need to spray, and you need to have 2 or three different insecticides with different active ingredients to rotate. I spray one type twice over two weeks, then another twice over two seeks as my basic response to thrips. Success Ultra (Spinetoram) , and Orthene Extra (acephate) are two of my current stock.

The blue sticky traps work on thrips and are good for monitoring.

Been lucky on my grows so far. No serious pests apart from the odd fungus gnat. I will do a couple of soil drenches with Neem after the current grow have 4 nodes, get topped, and can take a bit in the way of additives. Maybe another at flipping to 12/12 stage.

Good luck.

Do you have all your ingredients yet Lowded? And how long to your next harvest? you can't go wrong.
I'm here whenever you need me...:cool:

ok well there's quite a bit of ups and downs through here. I suspect many of my issues were overwatering so no need to go too far I am just flipping to flower Monday!:yahoo::yahoo:my Raspberry Kush I know is ready in 60 days! All the other strains are new. No I need the leitchin oil or sunflower I have no butteramma kabamma machine yet. ;-)
Hi, from your Photos a couple pages back, you got thrips. They are complete bastards. Lots of insecticide resistance in various populations and they develop resistance quickly. I will do a couple of soil drenches with Neem after the current grow have 4 nodes, get topped, and can take a bit in the way of additives. Maybe another at flipping to 12/12 stage.
Good luck.
Welcome to the jungle! G! Thanks yea I def saw Thrips it's crazy how they came on so fast. As above I've sprayed with safers three days in a row. I was planning a neem and safers in three days and probably do for 3 days again so I can hit as hard as possible before flowers come.
Hey, can I get more info on your neem dip? Sounds interesting for seedlings and clones. Soil drench I'm also unfamiliar with?.....

Cheers.

Photodump

"Hey, can I get more info on your neem dip? Sounds interesting for seedlings and clones. Soil drench I'm also unfamiliar with?..... "

I get "Eco-Neem" from the local hardware chain Bunnings.

Eco-Organic Garden 100ml Eco-Neem Concentrate

I will also use Mancozeb, but only as a spray if i see any fungus or damping off early in the grow.

Yates Mancozeb Plus Garden Fungicide and Miticide - Yates products

The Mancozeb tends to leave a residue of sulphur on the leaves. I'll tolerate that on the low, really early leaves but dont like it on a bigger plant. I defoliate 3-4 times during the grow and save the leaves in the freezer for making tincture with by alcohol extraction.

The Neem label says as a soil drench for fungus gnats, 30ml concentrate / 10l water. Apply 1l of that per 8l soil. Plant will take that up out of the soil to some extent. The drench application is good for the fungus gnat grubs (that in high numbers eat the roots), and it seems ok for common fungal probs. So for me the drench is a bit pf a prophylactic.

Note, the prob with fungus gnats is that the grubs can do root damage, and the flying adults can spread disease in you grow space. Yellow stick traps are good for catching them and whitefly.

I'll spray if i have to but i think that spraying foliage in an indoor grow is something to be avoided it poss. di it if i have to though during veg. Really dont want to have to do it when flowering

This is a link to a manufacturer blurb on Neem.

24 Amazing Benefits and Uses of Neem Oil for Plants

Will it kill thrips?? Maybe, but in some thrip populations there is resistance to seriously more toxic stuff already. Worth a try.

I dont expect it to be 100% foolproof, but I consider Neem as a less human toxic substance than some, that i can apply to reduce the chance of insect / fungus problems. Better than having to apply nasty crap to try and fix a problem. :)

Seeyahs!

Howdy Folks,

Busy day I set up the next flower room. I didn't get the 8in fan I couldn't afford it lol. So....another 6in. I ran actual 6in ducting and attached my 4in from the veg tent. Testing this week to see if the duct will allow the veg tent to vent also... Bless all you who work with tin. I have only one cut....btw the new exhaust is almost soundless!! So happy with that setup now. Reduced outdoor noise so pleased.
I prepped some used promixhp and flushed till ppm was 200-150. Should be clean enough we will see when I transplant.
Also....
I washed some coco and let it sit in tapwater with cal mag at 380ppm(taps 270). I'll try throw a clone in coco!
Maybe the Calibay dream? and hope it produces a mega purple plant!

Some of the seedlings are wilted and look over watered. When I sprayed, the solo cups were filling with safers and I think I over watered them with safers.... So let's see what lasts. Sorry folks! I read that @InTheShed used cotton balls dipped in treatment for seedlings, I will do that moving forward as not to overwater them with soap water.
Planning tomorrow the second type of treatment and it will be with neem oil.

12/12 starts tonight folks. Pictures of seedlings when lights are on.

Purchases.

Serious reading for some of these they are really poison. :oops: may not use unless warrented. The crack filler 60 day spray however may go into my outdoor air pipe to keep those bugs at bay.
Caio all

Haha looks like you have an army!!

I soaked mine in the strong Safers 3-1 (don’t do that) I will just rub them down with some gin I think and spray GeeGee with gin water (maybe add a cucumber and lime lol)! I was trying to think which booze GeeGee would drink and I assume it’s gin:D

Back
Top Bottom