MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

Plants are looking good Mr. B :thumb: Sounds like both of you guys have a ton of work to do when it comes to watering lol No wonder you have been busy. Especially with those small 2 liter bottles

Thanks Bp!

Yes frequent waterings are definitely a problem with the 2L. No lie there lol. I'm a little better off than josh watering every 4 days but still looking forward to automating it. Should have that upgrade complete by the end of Feb.

It's blows me away how long the 5gal plants can go between waterings. I was reading docs recommendations on watering earlier and he even periodically dried them out for up to 10 days.

Really can't wait for that high brix kit. Then I'll only need to hand water up to 9 5gal. I look at the SOG as my automated production line and then the larger SCROG plants as my micro brews.

Have I mentioned how jealous I am of your hydro setup!? :)

Lol man I am about to enter the High Brix world as well. I got it worked out with Doc and my kit was shipped today. I am going to give it a shot after my plants currently in veg are done flowering. That will give my soil plenty of time to cook. Looks like I am going to be joining you in handwatering :rofl:

I do love how easy the hydro setup is thoe! All I have to do is monitor my PH and PPM's with daily rez top offs/weekly changes. Everything else is plug and play

Lol man I am about to enter the High Brix world as well. I got it worked out with Doc and my kit was shipped today. I am going to give it a shot after my plants currently in veg are done flowering. That will give my soil plenty of time to cook. Looks like I am going to be joining you in handwatering :rofl: I do love how easy the hydro setup is thoe! All I have to do is monitor my PH and PPM's with daily rez top offs/weekly changes. Everything else is plug and play

I've been wanting a kit for months but something always seems to come up right before I order lol. I think you'll do really well with one.

If I were you Id run both but im a little crazy like that lol.

Took a few pics the flowering plants last night.

Agent "O" - This is my 5gal Agent O. She's at 7 weeks. I was hoping for a much bigger yield from her but I had a nute def caused by ph lockout during early flower. The buds still look and smell super dank. Just bummed cuz I'm only guess an oz. Live and learn :) Unfortunately I have to harvest her early this weekend. I even took a few branches last night. Ideally id give her 2 more weeks but were out of meds. This will also test flushing because I'm only able to flush her for a few days. Thank god I have plenty of others in the pipeline. That's what I love about perpetual.
EB0C77B5-2B69-4046-96DA-1191C3DCE371_zpsqjys17b2.jpg
[/URL]
B24E7509-FDD2-41B4-B955-CFA463754609_zpsaednpwb8.jpg

0E221194-BB3D-4050-8153-02A3B78A809D_zps6yjhucpy.jpg

7DED53C9-F05B-49BA-A65F-A035FCC345EA_zpsg244yjun.jpg

Wild Thai - I have two versions of his strain flowering. One is in a 5gal and the other is in a 3gal. I'm not sure if they are different phenos or I just messed one up more than the other. There is a distinct difference. One has very thin airy buds. The other has short compact buds. The smells are slightly different too but hard to describe. There were both affect by ph/nute issues as well. Guessing these have 3-5 weeks left.

3gal #1
4EDD9508-D568-4A63-B966-C47386D270E9_zpsnlngwjte.jpg

082C80AF-4A1B-4829-905A-79F2F8DC2888_zpsisb3mazl.jpg

A3A6D381-4817-485F-9D29-3A9AB16AA89D_zpskvzga3a7.jpg

5gal #2
A32DAEB0-6A4F-4A2E-BDD0-443E93D6204A_zpsfa4bkgdh.jpg

B0E31B0D-7A74-4924-A41B-1400E84FA5E7_zpsx3cgfpxn.jpg

620D5B0C-5C2F-4421-A21D-788C3BD61C30_zpsedkwendd.jpg

Lemon Thai Kush - I can tell already this will be one of my favorite strains. She's at 5 weeks and will go up to 10. The buds are already getting pretty big. It's a very easy to grow strain. Smells amazing but still hard to describe. This strain clones very quickly and veg's fast.

183AAE22-CAD8-493F-9B5A-EA7DBB1D5F69_zpsmevjshln.jpg

3F41BB3B-B4DE-4D29-A3A7-C0440BEFD3EC_zpscgndepwq.jpg

D0C62F4A-4818-4B69-A18A-BA85A892A9DB_zpsi6sq8wcz.jpg

3A9ED86E-6804-49AD-8916-0CC607B98E7F_zpsmttujuir.jpg

I've been wanting a kit for months but something always seems to come up right before I order lol. I think you'll do really well with one.

If I were you Id run both but im a little crazy like that lol.

I would lol if I had the extra money for another tent and light and my breaker is borderline so adding another light would probably mess it up. Sucks living in an apartment

Plants are looking good man! That lemon Thai Strain looks sweet.

My father in law passed away from liver cancer on Friday. It happened a lot faster than we expected. My wife and I were next to him at the hospital when he passed so he was not alone. It was the first time either of us had seen someone die. It was very frightening and also peaceful too. He had been in so much pain that it gives us some relief to know he is no longer suffering.

He was my first patient. He inspired me to be more than just a pot head. He taught me how much this plant can really help people.

My wife and her family are Buddhists. They believe in the after life and reincarnation. My wife finds peace knowing that his soul lives on. She even believes that she has already been visited by his soul once.

I truly wish I had the same faith but unfortunately for me faith is a fairy tale where all bad things are righted. In my experience the world doesn't work that way. The most I can do is support her beliefs because I know they help her get through this difficult time.

As hard as I try to believe that he is happier and without pain I can't control the anger I feel inside. The anger at a broken system that forces people to suffer. A system that turns good people who want to help others into criminals. Anger at myself for letting my fear prevent me from helping him as much as I could. Mostly I feel inspired by my anger.

Everytime I have lost someone in my life it has taught me something. Lessons learned in death are always remembered. From this death I have learned to do what you feel is right no matter the consequences. When you know in your heart that what your doing is right it is your duty to follow it because you never want to say to yourself afterwards that you could've done more. I could've done more and I will always remember that.

I will never forget the feeling I had when my weed helped him feel better. The smile he had the first time he took a hit will forever be ingrained in my mind. It will inspire me for the rest of my life to keep fighting for this medicine. The pain I feel now knowing that I could have at least helped ease his suffering is almost more than I can bare. I will NEVER not have enough medicine for my family again.

Hope all is going well for you & your family mrbub :joint:

Thanks Ca! Your support through all of this has meant a lot.

Sorry for your family's loss. Glad to see you guys were able to be there for him at the end. I have had two deaths in the family over the past two months and it sucks. Hope everything turns out well for you and your family.

Thanks BP!

My boss passed away yesterday after fighting cancer for 4 years. He was a great friend and mentor. Now I have a funeral to go to on Friday and Saturday. When it rains it pours.

Having someone with when we pass is about the best anyone can hope for. I have buried too many friends/family already and I'm not that old. Each one has been a lesson on life.

I think everyone should experience death at a young age so they can understand how important true happiness is. Its easy to forget how fragile we really are and how quickly it can all end. We are all always so worried about what other people think and meeting other peoples standards but in the end none of those people are with us so their opinions don't matter.

Hope your family is doing ok too. :Namaste:

My condolences mrbubbles87.

Thanks Josh! Appreciate it :Namaste:

Thanks BP!

My boss passed away yesterday after fighting cancer for 4 years. He was a great friend and mentor. Now I have a funeral to go to on Friday and Saturday. When it rains it pours.

Having someone with when we pass is about the best anyone can hope for. I have buried too many friends/family already and I'm not that old. Each one has been a lesson on life.

I think everyone should experience death at a young age so they can understand how important true happiness is. Its easy to forget how fragile we really are and how quickly it can all end. We are all always so worried about what other people think and meeting other peoples standards but in the end none of those people are with us so their opinions don't matter.

Hope your family is doing ok too. :Namaste:

:Namaste:

Thanks man. Couldn't have said it better

It is easy to forget how fragile we really are and how quickly it can all end. We are all always so worried about what other people think and meeting other peoples standards but in the end none of those people are with us so their opinions don't matter.

Amen mrbub :bravo:

How are your new flavors doing in the veg tent? :bong:

Amen mrbub :bravo: How are your new flavors doing in the veg tent? :bong:

Amen mrbub :bravo: How are your new flavors doing in the veg tent? :bong:

It's been insanity the last week.

My wife has 5 brothers but we ended up having to plan and host the entire funeral. Took us all week to plan everything out. It was an Asian funeral so we had most of the ceremony at our house. Ended up having about 50 ppl and 4 monks over. Talk about testing the stealth of my grow lmao.

It was an amazing Buddhist ceremony. The first time I've been included as a family member of the diseases. It was very spiritual and beautiful. The chanting they do while praying is almost hypnotic.

On top of my father in law passing away my wife was also laid off from her job. It was completely unexpected. Were sure she'll have another job within the week but it doesn't help the situation.

Luckily I have still been able to keep the girls happy. It was been tough but our smoke room is in the grow room and we've been smoking a TON to deal with the stress.

There's been a lot of updates. I'll try to get online tonight with pics of everything.

Mainly the biggest change is receiving my 2nd 600 watt HPS. All the new strains are vegging away. I did top/clone the critical mass.

Update:

It's been really tough trying to keep up with this journal. Hopefully things will start to settle down soon here. I really do enjoy this forum. I have learned more on here than anywhere else.

Here's a few pics. You'll some of the updates I've made to my flower tent. Still have a long ways to go but really excited about having the second light now.
774072C5-C4D9-4003-81BE-622B7D869140_zpscroibcnw.jpg

FF3E57D3-D00A-4F1A-829B-5FB8E14D6B07_zpstzcecdq2.jpg

6C69FD1E-119F-435F-86D4-24FE547AB63F_zpsvqpvofnq.jpg

5423B294-E362-439F-AC9C-1399B7A73069_zpsyfv6hqhu.jpg

CE8D4173-2611-42D1-A117-7B7DDB0E2289_zpsxx6rl7fi.jpg

1C3FB1F0-6004-4EDD-9D48-0C22478C6FAF_zpsc8tyh1l7.jpg

4C149518-3800-4924-9A3E-1E2B8F106A42_zpsmcbgy03o.jpg

1BCA7097-BB3C-4C0B-8818-A8C71E828A00_zpshkanwz3l.jpg

D992A942-1E9D-4A03-813D-2CDCC3EDEF12_zpskoflkcct.jpg

Moved the cloner....again!
9D627240-DB23-43CF-AD67-FCAE63E46642_zpsnlfgal9s.jpg

B0E86B9E-220A-426C-BEA5-6DA92F5AD7E3_zpsitivx4ng.jpg

Small Berry Ryder autoflower
D0146056-068F-4EC1-8AD8-6FF8666E1FBF_zpsx3a0spw6.jpg

93B6EEA7-84AB-4755-93BA-5C8EC6F29787_zps8jrl22r2.jpg

Dinachem Porta SCROG before going to the flower tent.
E44A4966-F359-4503-ADCD-DC56D1C7FFDE_zps2kmpacpi.jpg

9939E986-6D06-4B25-A431-8134A801A95E_zpsove5kw0d.jpg

]
D13F1ED1-3B5B-4301-BDC3-2A58BA355012_zpskfrjdboe.jpg

I also included some pics of the lemon Thai kush I recently harvested. I took her down at about 9 weeks vs the recommended 10. Only flushed her once with a gal of water and sledgehammer 4 days before harvest. I discovered on my two small auto flowers that I harvested last week that a long flush isn't necessary. I would prefer a 2 week flush just to be safe but I've haven't noticed a big difference between flushing and not flushing.
This one could've gone a couple more weeks but were almost completely out of meds and the trichs are 50% cloudy.

Have to say this is my best plant to date. The yields aren't huge. Maybe only up to 2 oz max but the quality is fantastic and I had perfectly green healthy leaves all the way up to harvest. I credit this to the ease of the strain vs my own skill tho lol. It smells just like lemon gasoline.
497FC562-27D0-44D8-878C-89A42F03A000_zpsjpity91f.jpg

A7D4ACC6-6D51-4D17-839A-0F6DA89FD3AA_zps1mwpqzsl.jpg

303E9E93-E3B7-4F15-885A-B3205B8FFB6E_zps6ujmwqoa.jpg

20A453DF-3298-42F5-88C7-2FD805C301F5_zpsf8xcv0a0.jpg

8862E7EB-8D5B-40C0-8B68-2DDFC53AB2B4_zpsgo3pnuhr.jpg

5E53525D-E4E1-4EBF-B16E-439E7EBC25F3_zpsv4ms3gzd.jpg

In the veg tent I'm still spinning the gears. Running my Dixie's to 2L to flower and occasionally growing a really good one in a 5gal porta SCROG. I did recently transplant a lemon Thai Kush into a 5gal with earth worm castings added. Hoping to see a big difference.

My critical mass, blue blood, and bubba Kush need about 1 more month of veg to get them where I want them. Hoping for big single plant harvest followed by a herd of SOG clones I get from the preflower defol.

The northern light x skunk seedling has two sets of leaves. Guessing about 2 months of veg for this one.

I'll try to post pics of the veg tent soon.

Today is my golden birthday. It seems fitting after the recent events in my life. I believe in always looking for the positive side of things no matter how bad they seem. There is always someone worse off than you.

I have learned a lot this last year and that's because of the obstacles I have had to overcome.

I believe I found my passion in life. It's funny once you finally see things clearly. You realize all the signs were there all along you just never saw them before.

My whole life has been about weed. I loved it from the first moment I smelled it. Everyone who is close to me needs this medicine. I have already had to endure the death of more loved ones than most people I know. Almost all of these people could still be alive today with this medicine. Many of them were victims of alcohol and tobacco.

I have a lot of regret for letting fear prevent me from helping people and doing what I love. That guilt burns like a fire in my heart that drives me to work harder. I stay up for hours every night in the garden. I keep pushing myself harder and harder to do better because I will never let a patient down again.

I welcome the day I have to stand before judge and defend myself because I am not scared anymore. I will gladly sacrifice my freedom for this cause.

Expect a lot in the next few months guys. Income tax is coming and my wife is behind me 100%. I gave up drinking this year just to make sure I keep all of my focus on weed. Were also planning to make it out to Denver for 4/20 this year! Hoping to learn a lot and see how my homegrown compares to the pros. This might be the year I start to grow full time :)

Thanks for following everyone! I appreciate all of your comments and supports. It's truly feels like a community of friends.

:Namaste:

Hey Mr. B things in the tent are looking good!! Keep up the good work :thumb: Is that a 4x8 tent you got there? I am about to order me one in the next couple of days along with a new light/hood/ballast to run something similar to yours. I need the room!!!

Glad things are working well for you in life and I am looking forward to seeing some new grow equipment when you get that tax refund!! :laugh: I just filed my return yesterday so I have not decided what to get yet either!

Hey Mr. B things in the tent are looking good!! Keep up the good work :thumb: Is that a 4x8 tent you got there? I am about to order me one in the next couple of days along with a new light/hood/ballast to run something similar to yours. I need the room!!! Glad things are working well for you in life and I am looking forward to seeing some new grow equipment when you get that tax refund!! :laugh: I just filed my return yesterday so I have not decided what to get yet either!

Thanks BP!

My tent is a 4'x8'x7'. I got it off amazon for $179. It is pretty good quality for the price. I'm actually considering getting a second one :) I would use it as a veg tent or possibly alternating single crop tents. Then I could grow 6 monsters in ea. Harvesting 6 a month. Otherwise ill be getting a 4'x4' for a larger veg tent. We'll see what I end up deciding in the next month.

The list never ends does it? Lol There's always another upgrade or expansion around the corner. It's so addicting! :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone's upgrades on here. Tax season is always like Xmas on the forums lol

Back
Top Bottom