MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

The blue Thai is hands down my best smelling strain to date. It's a very sour smelling blueberry. Reminds me of a blueberry flavored sweet tart lol.

It def needs a good cure but I can tell already this will be one of my favorite strains. It grows like a pure indica but smoke like a sativa. Fat leaves, speedy growth/flowering, and resilient. I can't wait to see how my 5gal version turns out. I've been super cropping quite a bit trying to get a somewhat even canopy. I'm afraid it still looks sloppy compared to yours tho lol.

I'm running 4 shop lights for 8 t12 bulbs 43w ea = 344 watts. In the future id love to upgrade at least the bottom section with an 8 bulb t5.

Now that's some bag appeal! I have had a couple bags that smelt of berries, definitely high on my list. Really enjoying the lemony/fruit mild tasting strains rather than a raunchy diesel/stanky skunk or something of that nature.. although the hazes and sages coming out soon are super raunchy, you cant move the plants without plastering the house with a deliciously stank aroma. Personally after my "attempt" at a somewhat even canopy this go I can confidently say all the training needs to start from the beginning with a topping early on to get an even canopy to begin with or else (I did this) it seems like you are toping a few places and the others tops will grow right past with a quickness, so you top them also, so on and so on,. Its a topping battle! So topping early and getting lst set in place for your main braches is going to be my main concern next grow, once lst set in stone its just a matter of veg time, topping everything together to make sure they all stay uniform, and definitely giving them some structural support to hold everything in place.. and knowing your pH ;) btw my pH meter has been reading all my feedings 3-4 points off of what they really were, a lot of factors come into play when attempting to grow some fine herb :yummy: Keep the heater blasting mrbub!! Stay well :joint:

Now that's some bag appeal! I have had a couple bags that smelt of berries, definitely high on my list. Really enjoying the lemony/fruit mild tasting strains rather than a raunchy diesel/stanky skunk or something of that nature.. although the hazes and sages coming out soon are super raunchy, you cant move the plants without plastering the house with a deliciously stank aroma. Personally after my "attempt" at a somewhat even canopy this go I can confidently say all the training needs to start from the beginning with a topping early on to get an even canopy to begin with or else (I did this) it seems like you are toping a few places and the others tops will grow right past with a quickness, so you top them also, so on and so on,. Its a topping battle! So topping early and getting lst set in place for your main braches is going to be my main concern next grow, once lst set in stone its just a matter of veg time, topping everything together to make sure they all stay uniform, and definitely giving them some structural support to hold everything in place.. and knowing your pH ;) btw my pH meter has been reading all my feedings 3-4 points off of what they really were, a lot of factors come into play when attempting to grow some fine herb :yummy: Keep the heater blasting mrbub!! Stay well :joint:

I'm a huge fan of super fruity flavors. It seems like the skunky/diesel strains are everywhere. My fav strains from when I was kid werE Blueberry, Bubblegum, and Tooty Fruity (tastes exactly like fruity pebbles cereal lol).

I have yet to achieve that with my current strains. Probably bad strain research on my part. I focused more on the medicinal values, flower time, and ease of growth.

Once I get my second light I'll be able to run all the medical strains under one light and then all the different recreational strains under the other. This will give me a lot more options for strains.

Still wish the PO didn't crush those last ones. Would've been epic. I'm getting the itch to pop more beans even tho I'm up to 11 strains now. It's hard to resist but I really feel like I need to wait.

As you know I'm running a clone SOG and also moving into 5gal larger plants. My veg tent is becoming quite the juggling act. I know the best option would be to run 8 5 gal mothers in my bottom chamber and fill the top with 60 2L clones. Then I'd just run a 15 plant perpetual averaging 15grams per plant.

I really like a variety though. I like to do multiple things at once otherwise I lose interest lol. So right now I'm doing 4 5 gal in groups of 2 a month apart and then 20-30 1gal/2L clones simultaneously. It makes keeping track of strains confusing because instead of having mothers I just keep cloning off of clones. Makes it possible to have lots of different strains will little veg room.

I went to town on the veg girls tonight. I took 16 clones of 3 strains including Blue Thai, Dinachem, and Blue OG. I also defoliated and removed lower growth for the first time. The girls look naked and beat up but I'm sure they'll recovery and hopefully be better off for it.

Here's a few pics...

B46BB58D-CD35-4B98-8A1A-D8A6DB88E045_zpstv53dddq.jpg

B71FE670-6381-4A55-B35D-064AC5AE1A3C_zpsbb2rpvkl.jpg

DE6DDE56-39C1-43E7-B6D1-DC47C8074C2A_zps5zgqbv00.jpg

D3140E04-3DE7-405F-B65E-C9A8A1D45179_zpss3kkvlon.jpg

624A7834-0F10-4C30-9F18-441C87FB444F_zpsdejjz0jb.jpg

And here's the seedlings...

B7C19A70-F618-4D84-B1B9-C9F2BB86CA59_zpszapjitnz.jpg

Thanks for stopping by as usual! Trust me the heaters are blasting! :D

Update:

Hey guys,

Another busy weekend in the garden. It's really starting to become a lot of work. It sure doesn't seem like it when it's so much fun though. Guess that's what it must feel like to do something you love.

I picked up some more 2L bottles this weekend. Ended up getting 8 at .84 ea. Really a waste because I dump most of if down the sink but we really don't drink a lot of soda and these are cheap and easier to get. In the future I want to get 1gal containers.

I transplanted a total of 10 plants from Dixie cups to 2L containers. I moved about 10 clones into Dixie cups. I also moved 5 more 2L into flower and my 2 5gal Dinachem/Blue Thai.
57F68508-ED05-43BF-A13F-2CF4FBA9CAE2_zpskcsj1q3i.jpg
]

Lately I've really found a style of training I really like. I've been defoliating lower growth and bending (supercropping) to create multiple even tops. It's less stressful than pruning and more convenient than LST. I've also been randomly pinching branches to try and increase strength.

Here's two examples that I just put into flower last night. One is a Dinachem and the other is a Blue Thai. These are both about 2mos from when the clones were cut.

AC905FA7-360B-4DAF-A093-F07D5E98D241_zpsqzfgf8ne.jpg

A6EB7AE0-1748-4396-9A43-55ABD0D12B98_zpse3o83jwg.jpg

6E5EA803-CCEF-4904-B7F5-CC77BBED3E32_zpsamnn0fv6.jpg

253E33EE-29F7-4E36-A110-A38ADD90AC0D_zpsrcwdefhg.jpg

In the future I want to adapt this method to a porta SCROG on top with a tomato cage for side support.

I kinda of had an epiphany. As much as I hate plant counts they're not going away. If I really want to become a professional grower someday I need to learn to optimize each plant as much as possible in order to stay working within state guidelines. To me that means big plants with lots training. I'm starting to realize I don't like a multi clone SOG because there's too many plants. I'm not able focus on maximizing yields from each.

I'm going to slowly phase into all large plants. I'm going to run one 2 x4' SOG table with about 20 2L. I've got it 3/4 full already. Once these are done I'm going to start transplanting all future plants to 3gal and 5gal. At least that's my plan this week. It'll probably change again by next week :)

I harvested my 3gal Dinachem last night. The trichs were 50 cloudy 50 clear which should be exactly what I prefer. More of an up high vs couch lock. Not a huge harvest which is probably due to the ph stress but the nugs are super dense and the 5gal redemption plant is on the way :) I'd guess a little over an ounce from this one.

8D7029B9-6E92-4215-A8DF-EA2BD57BC426_zpsgyt80bzf.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/A4857073-0D55-4559-8AB3-D7923AC98B77_zpswxccnjtz.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/55B8687F-5DEE-457F-86E0-38A81DFA1A49_zpshrn7ruxj.jpg
3EE828C2-BC51-43A4-B85C-F57B104040A8_zpsizmq6kmy.jpg

I recently submitted one of my Blue OG nugs for the nug of the month. I wasn't able to take a great picture but this is my best nug to date so I figured id give it a shot. Stop by and check it out. There's some really great entries. Makes me itch for a new camera lol.

118282E6-144C-459A-8150-87A730AA5A8E_zpsbdcvagck.jpg

8300A39C-891E-4BE5-8D79-6D366EB94B3A_zpszcbwoqjg.jpg

And finally....I said f*ck it and planted my world of seeds northern lights x skunk lol. I'll post a pic update of the veg tent and hopefully this seedling in a few days.

That's all all for now. So far 2014 is starting off to be a great year. Lots of big plans in the works. I hope it's going well for all of you too! :Namaste:

Although clone armies would be awesome, I think you are thinking right, this weeks plan :)laugh:) of following guidelines will make for a better state of mind. :Namaste:

The training you are doing should work very well for some big nugs and using all your space mrbub, since those new girls you added in are a little shorter if possible could you add in a 5 gal maybe flipped upside down to give those girls a boost to the light? my view on this is it could help lessen the stretch as they are closer to the lights, thus shorter node distance and bigger nugs? Could be a strain thing but that is the only thing I am seeing :)

Other than that, the blue og looks damn good and that new NL cross should be some dank! I love me some northern lights ;)
Healthy tent! :goodjob:

Although clone armies would be awesome, I think you are thinking right, this weeks plan (53) of following guidelines will make for a better state of mind. :Namaste: The training you are doing should work very well for some big nugs and using all your space mrbub, since those new girls you added in are a little shorter if possible could you add in a 5 gal maybe flipped upside down to give those girls a boost to the light? my view on this is it could help lessen the stretch as they are closer to the lights, thus shorter node distance and bigger nugs? Could be a strain thing but that is the only thing I am seeing :) Other than that, the blue og looks damn good and that new NL cross should be some dank! I love me some northern lights ;) Healthy tent! :goodjob:

Clone armies indeed...I may grow a few for fun first tho :)

I know exactly what you mean about my canopy. It's a a disaster right now. In my defense as uneven as it looks the light bulb is actually close to the same distance from each plant. It's off center so the spacing is pretty even. I still plan on playing Tetris in there again tonight. I was just too exhausted after all the work last night. I do like stretching the shorter ones a bit during the first few weeks of flower though. Also when I first put plants in there, like the new 5gal, I keep them somewhat shaded for a few days in order for them I adjust to the hps.

What's throwing everything off is the 5gal WT. It's so damn tall. If it wasn't for that one I could have a perfectly even canopy. Starting to dislike this strain just for practical purposes but I know it's my own rookie mistake. Just need to flower the sativa sooner to keep the canopy even. I'm def interested to see how a 2L wild Thai turns out. Live and ya learn! Lol

The training should help me keep it more even in the future. Maybe someday I can get a top like yours :)

Thanks for stopping by. Your advice is greatly appreciated as always bro! :Namaste:

I am liking your work mr bubbles. The bigger plants route is a bit easier but being perpetual it will always require a lot of work. single cycles are nice sometimes and sounds nice to me. my perpetual has been handing it to me hard and Like you said if you love the work its not that bad but sometimes it is hard to keep up..

Keep up the solid work brother. Those nugs you harvested look really good.

I am liking your work mr bubbles. The bigger plants route is a bit easier but being perpetual it will always require a lot of work. single cycles are nice sometimes and sounds nice to me. my perpetual has been handing it to me hard and Like you said if you love the work its not that bad but sometimes it is hard to keep up.. Keep up the solid work brother. Those nugs you harvested look really good.

Sometimes I wonder if perpetual is the best route. I remember what it was like to grow single crops and it seemed so much easier. On the other hand when I have several days with nothing to do in the garden I start to get bored lol.

I just think I need less plants. Growing 40+ 2L plants is just insane without an auto feed. Especially when I'm going thru 5gal every other day. I have to mix and haul it halfway across my house.

I'm pretty close to just buying a huge 50gal drum, putting it in the grow room, and hooking up a water line with an auto fill valve. I just can't find a drum and I def can't have it shipped lmao.

My ultimate goal is 12 plants in 7gal smart pots under 2 600 watt HPS in my 4x8 tent using high brix/teas for nutrients. I'd run it in pairs of 4 so I'd harvest 4 plants per month. In the meantime the madness will continue for at least a few more months :)

Thanks for stopping by Shotta! Your grow is a huge inspiration for mine.

I'm pretty close to just buying a huge 50gal drum, putting it in the grow room, and hooking up a water line with an auto fill valve. I just can't find a drum and I def can't have it shipped lmao.

I feel ya man! I did the same thing outside my tent, but instead of a big 55 gal drum I just went with a 40 gallon Rubbermaid. I hooked my RO unit up to a spicket and ran a line to the Rubbermaid and hooked it up with a float valve. I put a pump inside the Rubbermaid and ran a hose out the lid of the rez. Whenever I need to do water changes I just plug my pump in and I have 40 gallons of fresh RO water next to my grow tent to do whatever I need. Flush plants/water changes. It makes life sooo much easier! I was hauling water around my house aswell and now its just a breeze. If you go that route I swear you will not regret it. and the stuff to do it is super cheap too!

Im not sure if your running RO or not but I paid like 80 bucks for my RO filter which came will all the necessary attachments to hook it up to a hose faucet.

Float valve was like 8 bucks off amazon and the tub was like 10. You can do it all for under like 150 bucks. If you preferr to just run straight tap water It would only cost you like 40 bucks and you could get everything you need from Home Depot. I think they even have 60 gallon Rubbermaids if you wanted to go bigger.

I feel ya man! I did the same thing outside my tent, but instead of a big 55 gal drum I just went with a 40 gallon Rubbermaid. I hooked my RO unit up to a spicket and ran a line to the Rubbermaid and hooked it up with a float valve. I put a pump inside the Rubbermaid and ran a hose out the lid of the rez. Whenever I need to do water changes I just plug my pump in and I have 40 gallons of fresh RO water next to my grow tent to do whatever I need. Flush plants/water changes. It makes life sooo much easier! I was hauling water around my house aswell and now its just a breeze. If you go that route I swear you will not regret it. and the stuff to do it is super cheap too! Im not sure if your running RO or not but I paid like 80 bucks for my RO filter which came will all the necessary attachments to hook it up to a hose faucet. Float valve was like 8 bucks off amazon and the tub was like 10. You can do it all for under like 150 bucks. If you preferr to just run straight tap water It would only cost you like 40 bucks and you could get everything you need from Home Depot. I think they even have 60 gallon Rubbermaids if you wanted to go bigger.

Yours is exactly what I was hoping to do lol. Initially it would be without an RO filter and then eventually I'd install one. I would prefer a drum because it will take a lot less space. Trying to fit a 50 gal square tub will be difficult. We'll see what I end up with. I won't be doing this for a few months probably. Yours is genius! Love the float valve to auto fill. Sorry I forgot to credit you. I see great ideas everywhere on here all the time and always forget where I saw them :Namaste:

I think you did actually give props to me on my last journal. I forgot that we already talked about this in the past lol! Yhea if your tight on space the big 3 foot long tub does take up some space!

They have a 55 gallon drum on amazon for like 90 bucks with free two day shipping if you have a Prime account. ( I take that back. that thing got shitty reviews!)

I think you did actually give props to me on my last journal. I forgot that we already talked about this in the past lol! Yhea if your tight on space the big 3 foot long tub does take up some space! They have a 55 gallon drum on amazon for like 90 bucks with free two day shipping if you have a Prime account. ( I take that back. that thing got shitty reviews!)

No worries I forget all the time who I'm taking to and what were taking about :)

Is a grower ever not tight on space? lol Kinda kicking myself in the ass for getting the 4x8 grow tent. It was hard to turn it down when it was the same price as the 4x4 tho. Thinking in the future I'll need to upgrade my veg tent from 2x4 to a 4x4 otherwise I can't veg them large enough to fill the 4x8 tent.

Wait a sec wasn't I just saying I don't have enough space?! Lmao

My father is a diesel mechanic so I can get a hold of an industrial strength drum but then I have to worry about transport and cleaning it out. Kind of hard to do that in negative temps. Thinking of a large garbage can or a big Rubbermaid tub.

Can you imagine UPS delivery a 55 gal drum? :)

I have used a rain barrel to store water for use. I have not hooked it up yet but I have a Reverse Osmosis system and a hook up kit with a float valve to automatically fill up the rain barrel with water for use.

A garbage can would be a good idea. I did not even think about that lol much easier to obtain as well. Cleaning out a big ass industrial drum would suck especially if it had chemicals in it.

That's probably what I'll go with in a few months here. Just have to make sure it doesn't leak. Ill have to use a friends car cuz my little 3series doesn't fit much lol

I have used a rain barrel to store water for use. I have not hooked it up yet but I have a Reverse Osmosis system and a hook up kit with a float valve to automatically fill up the rain barrel with water for use.

I've seen those as well. Where I live they're usually a modified garbage for twice the price lol but I've been keeping an eye out for one. I saw a really nice square 100 gal rain catch/tank at Home Depot for only $40. Dirt cheap because it's leftover from last year. I almost bought it but it was too big for my room.

Can't believe you don't have your system hooked up. Any reason why?

I've read some guys don't like using the RO because their water has trace minerals. Kind of like bagels made with NYC water. I posted my water report on here and was told I have excellent water so now I'm on the fence about the cons/pros of using a an RO.

Thanks for the info as always!

I like the RO unit because I can control exactly what I'm putting in my water. My tap was all over the place sometimes it would be 150ppm then it would be 300ppms. My nutrients already have cal/mag infused into them and I did not really want to mess around with my tap and notice deficiency's/lockout. I still have some sort of zinc deficiency on my current grow, but I think I got it figured out and it does not seem to have spread over the past couple of weeks :biglaugh:

If you have tap water that is outstanding and you are not experiencing any issues I wouldn't even worry about the RO unit for now.

I like the RO unit because I can control exactly what I'm putting in my water. My tap was all over the place sometimes it would be 150ppm then it would be 300ppms. My nutrients already have cal/mag infused into them and I did not really want to mess around with my tap and notice deficiency's/lockout. I still have some sort of zinc deficiency on my current grow, but I think I got it figured out and it does not seem to have spread over the past couple of weeks :biglaugh: If you have tap water that is outstanding and you are not experiencing any issues I wouldn't even worry about the RO unit for now.

Well I'm always having "issues" lol. Mostly rookie errors like ph lockouts, overwatering/under watering or underfeeding nutrients. Ill most likely get an RO system eventually but I've got a million other things on the shopping list already :)

I still don't think I have a need for RO water. The Kind series of nutes I'm currently using has Cal-Mag worked into the formula. That's another bottle to buy with other brands. Just something else to keep in mind.

I usually use epsom salt and molasses for cal/mag. I tell you what for as much molasses as I buy it might be more cost effective to purchase a bottle product like you mention. Unfortunately the budget has been extra tight. Plus I'm leaning more towards an organic/high brix setup. I just need to use up my FF bottles first. I've got about a half a gallon of each left so I def need to get them dialed in.

I ended up feeding all of the veg and flower girls last night. Initially I was only going to feed the veg girls but I had a lot leftover and the flower girls were pretty light.

I mixed up 5gal total including 10tblspn Big Bloom, 2tblspn Grow Big, 2tblspn Epsom salt, and 2tblspn molasses.

The only difference between this and my normal flower feed is I usually include Tiger Bloom. Hopefully skipping it this feed won't make a big difference. I think most if the flower girls will love this feed because they're all in early flower so they still need more veg nutes. I'm not sure but I think I was adding flowering nutes too soon. I think it's best to keep plants on veg nutes for the first 2 weeks of flower during the stretch.

I gave all my plants full strength except my Dixie cup plants. I gave those a 1/2 strength dose by mixing water into the measuring cup I use to water them. Can't wait to see them tonight. Praying for no burn. This is actually my first time feeding full strength again. I've been super light handed with nutrients lately and it's been causing nute def and lower yields.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! It should get pretty interesting soon here. I've almost got my whole 2x4 SOG table full and the 5gal girls are looking delicious :) Ill try to post pics soon.

Here's a few pics from the veg tent after the feeding from last night.

AD41D77D-2B04-44D8-9CD6-3CF28D55B26E_zpssijpq4az.jpg

5C0EC699-6A72-4E8B-A33E-10FCA2304DD2_zpsiq6pf9pw.jpg

]
CB81CB6E-2CDB-4B50-8F6C-F3C3C8C1EA24_zpsxpkk2npw.jpg

38AAE600-14CF-4448-92FD-27D13B2458CE_zpsgxcpetxs.jpg

506A3B57-6F7E-4093-A663-790914214150_zpshmkex8bk.jpg

AE08B690-9802-4E74-B149-DF5E1070A1CB_zpsr4xlobpb.jpg

The seedlings...the largest is the Critical mass, followed by the blue blood, and then be bubba k. Thinking they'll like the feed from last night. Especially the critical mass which is showing a def.
7A50C16C-1B9E-4D25-AD97-8761052B997D_zpsldeta1jh.jpg

And the least strain I planted a few days ago. Fingers crossed she sprouts soon :)
C6AAC5B3-3810-48F9-AF88-B0375C1B3CDE_zpscezoe8uq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom