MSquared's - Indoor - Soil - Multi Strain - 1800w - Perpetual

Have you noticed a difference in whether the plant is primarily indica or sativa??? I know lots of people top sativas to keep them smaller but my goal would be increased yield not reduced size. Curious about you opinion and experiences...

I have not noticed a difference at all. Matter of fact the ladies I have in flower now are all sativa doms (very sative dom) and they loved being topped. I will have a pic update this weekend for you to see.
Just be careful as my Jack's are huge at least 50" form top of the soil. So height did become an issue, but there are so many tops that it is just crazy.
Above all else it certainly increases yield at least with the 10 or strains I have grown thus far, but I only top once and then LST if necessary. :thumb:

Always nice to see you stop by!
:peace:

Have you noticed a difference in whether the plant is primarily indica or sativa??? I know lots of people top sativas to keep them smaller but my goal would be increased yield not reduced size. Curious about you opinion and experiences...

Hi MsMe. I agree with MS. TOPing and FIMing will increase your yield, without doubt. You've seen my bushes. It does keep them shorter, however over all yield will be greater. My 2 cents. :thumb:

Hey everyone! ~ Flower update Info/Pics ~

we are going to start with JH1.
2012-05-27_19-22-39_74.jpg

SSH2 and SSH1 along with JH2
2012-05-27_19-22-47_459.jpg

JH3 she is huge and doing so well in her 8gal pot.
2012-05-27_19-22-54_490.jpg

JH3 and part of SSH
2012-05-27_19-23-02_663.jpg

2012-05-27_19-23-23_334.jpg

JH3 close up.
2012-05-27_19-23-38_396.jpg

JH1
2012-05-27_19-23-45_35.jpg

SSH2
2012-05-27_19-23-50_490.jpg

JH2
2012-05-27_19-24-00_240.jpg

2012-05-27_19-24-06_240.jpg

All 5 are doing really well. Filling out nicely. I can't say enough about how well they are doing.

lookin good M
You always have nice plants my friend

Hey thanks A1! They are doing extremely well. I couldn't ask for healthier or nicer plants. They are really grooving in the HB soil.

Hey MS.

What nice bushes you have....and I mean bushes!

Keep doing what you're doing.....It's working big time. WooHooo! :party:

:thumb: Thanks OMM! Yeah they are huge, but that is what I get for growing sativas for the first time - LOL
I have learned a lesson there, do not wait so long to put them into flower :)

Looking great my friend! Keep it up! :thumb:

I really would have liked to see them outside, but 1800watts are doing them well. I am going to try to put 12 more in there in a week or so. We will see how that works out, not sure if I am going to be able to get them all in there or not.
Wish me luck on that one.

what day into flower are these?????

We are currently on Day 31, but the pics are on Day 29. These have quite a ways to go and they are doing just what I expected in this soil. So easy to care for I almost forget about them, I said almost - LOL.
Thanks for stopping by Buddy!

Looking flawless Ms:bravo:

:high-five: Thanks so much MissBud! They are the most healthiest plants I have grown to date.
These are the first for me in the high brix soil. All the rest of mine have been in the hb soil since the begining.
So we shall see what these babies come out like. :thumb:

I am going to have a full update on veg tomorrow. So much to do in there. I have been busy and they need my attention. LOL

Thanks for stopping by :thumb:

That sounds awesome Ms!:bravo:

Are you taking the sugar levels with a refractometer? I have been very interested in HB and would love to give it a go but it's real hard to find anything for "soil energy" around here. I am very excited to hear how these taste!!!:circle-of-love:

That sounds awesome Ms!:bravo:

Are you taking the sugar levels with a refractometer? I have been very interested in HB and would love to give it a go but it's real hard to find anything for "soil energy" around here. I am very excited to hear how these taste!!!:circle-of-love:

Thanks. I have yet to buy one, but will very soon. I want to take readings off my current flowering sativas and then again off of the clones from them to compare. Soooo that means in the next month I will need to get one.

I know what you mean. I had to order most of the amendments off of the net. The good thing is most of them are pretty cheap and last a long time. We are all here for you with any questions that may come up, high brix or not :) :thumb:

Yeah me too! :thumb: I just wish I had something to compare them to. I have not had either strain before so I am really excited.

Wow! you're really growing some monsters! :bravo:

They just look wonderful! And I'd say they definitely do love those large pots!

:thumb:

I have not noticed a difference at all. Matter of fact the ladies I have in flower now are all sativa doms (very sative dom) and they loved being topped. I will have a pic update this weekend for you to see.
Just be careful as my Jack's are huge at least 50" form top of the soil. So height did become an issue, but there are so many tops that it is just crazy.
Above all else it certainly increases yield at least with the 10 or strains I have grown thus far, but I only top once and then LST if necessary. :thumb:

Always nice to see you stop by!

So are you topping your plants or UBT?? Or both ??

Wow! you're really growing some monsters! :bravo:

They just look wonderful! And I'd say they definitely do love those large pots!

:thumb:

Thanks Vape :thumb: I have topped dressed with the minerals only once and fed them tea every other. I have not changed my recipe either. They are doing really well in there, but for sure the 8gal pots are the way to go if at all possible. They seem to have so much more energy if that makes sense.

So are you topping your plants or UBT?? Or both ??

I have only UBTd this go around, so everything you see has been UBTd and no top or fim this time. I have only done it once per plant, but I sometimes LST if it is necessary to get my 4 tops. Matter of fact I UBTd about 6 more last night. My bench (as you will see in the next update) is just loaded and I am pretty much out of room until I get the 12 into the flower room. I also have to trans 4 into 8g pots, but I am going to do that just a few days before they go into flower.

~ Veg update Info/Pics ~

I haven't updated veg in a while, but after all it is veg - LOL. With that said there have been many things going on that I have needed to get to and finally have a handle on things in there. So right now I have 12 that are ready to go into flower in a week. I want to trans 4 into 8gal pots a few days before I move them into flower. I am thinking VK2 (female), RB2 (not sure), TB3 and TB4 (I think fem, but not sure.
If I don't have clones of these 12 I will be taking them before I move them to flower.
So I will have 8 in 4gal pots and 4 in 8gal pots, but I just hope I can find the room in there to accomplish this. It is going to be a tight fit until I harvest the 5 in there now. :) I am sure some will be male and that will give more room, but I won't know that for 5 or so days into flower. I just hope it is not any in the 8gal containers. If so I will replace them with confirmed females.
I UBTd about 6 last night some were from the bench and couple were from the floor group, but now all 12 have been UBTd that are getting ready to go into flower.

So here is the floor, there are IDKs, STs, TBs, RB & VK
This first pic was from 3 days ago
2012-05-27_19-22-07_6.jpg

This is from this morning
2012-05-30_08-13-57_68.jpg

I also decided to do another photo shoot of the UBT test plant TB4
Close up
2012-05-30_08-14-24_116.jpg

Closer yet
2012-05-30_08-14-45_367.jpg

Top view
2012-05-30_08-15-30_923.jpg

This is the bench and as many strains up there, actually just too many to list at this time.
Right side
2012-05-30_08-16-56_306.jpg

Left side
2012-05-30_08-16-50_118.jpg

So in a couple weeks I should have a better handle of what's staying (females) and what is going (males), which will make for a lot less clutter. I have also almost finished the mom, clone, dry chamber and it should be in place by this weekend. It is 2'x4'x5' tall. It will mainly house the 4 moms I want to keep and also be used for drying when harvest time comes around. I will have an update of that at some point.
:thanks: Everyone!

NICE! :cheer::bravo:

Hard to expect them to get any better looking than that! :thumb: :goodjob:

Have you made any arrangements for some "help" when all these gals need to be harvested??? ;)

While I always enjoy the whole process... Harvesting a grow that all comes due at the same time can be a bit daunting... bordering on overwhelming based on my experience with everything I had to deal with last season!

Just something to think about if you are not going to flower them in batches.

NICE! :cheer::bravo:

Hard to expect them to get any better looking than that! :thumb: :goodjob:

Have you made any arrangements for some "help" when all these gals need to be harvested??? ;)

While I always enjoy the whole process... Harvesting a grow that all comes due at the same time can be a bit daunting... bordering on overwhelming based on my experience with everything I had to deal with last season!

Just something to think about if you are not going to flower them in batches.

I hear that loud and clear and thank you! I have not really changed my grow style other than moving to a high brix soil and so far not one strain has had any problems, but better than that they have all flourished :)

I have the best helper all ready to go. I think I will be able to split the harvest so it won't be to bad. The 2 SSHs will be done first that is for sure and then the 3 huge jacks sometime after that.

I am sure you had quite the snip sessions last year, I can't even imagine harvesting that much. I am really hoping for somewhere around 24z from the 5 plants. I actually think I am shooting a bit low, but we shall see. :thumb:

The great part is I was looking a bit closer at the veg plants that I am planning on moving to flower soon and around half are already showing female (wooohoooo). So at least I won't waste my time and $$ on transing potential males into my 8gal containers.
The rest will just have to live out their days in the 4gal pots. I have 3 in the flower room now in them and although I have to give them extra attention do to the fact that they need watering/feeding more often to keep up the soil microbes, they are doing great.

:peace: my friend!

Back
Top Bottom