Munki's "Al Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Escursion - 2011

She doesn't seem to have been bothered too much by her recent ordeal!

What doesn't kill ya can make you stronger. I've heard that stresses can be good for the overall health of a plant. She is really taking off in the growth department now.

Day 22, evening. Happy 4th to those who celebrate American Independence day. She is growin' like a weed! :cheer:

070411-pic1.JPG
070411-pic2.JPG
070411-pic3.JPG

we celebrate the 1st but dem plants are looking nice

Sounds like you're from Canada, so Happy belated Canada Day my neighbor from the North and :welcome: to the 420 Magazine community! Appreciate the visit and comment.

Just wanted to post that I took a good look at the plant and noted a couple little white hairs showing at the top of the foliage. She may already be kicking into early flower. :thedoubletake:

Just wanted to post that I took a good look at the plant and noted a couple little white hairs showing at the top of the foliage. She may already be kicking into early flower. :thedoubletake:

That's about when mine did - 25 days or so. You had decent veg going for 22 days, despite the setback, so this should be a nice auto with a little luck. :cheer:

Looking good so far!

That's about when mine did - 25 days or so. You had decent veg going for 22 days, despite the setback, so this should be a nice auto with a little luck. :cheer:

Looking good so far!

How tall was yours at that stage, Xlr8?

Day 24, afternoon. Got several pics that show the pistils that are poppin' out everywhere. Definitely female and an autoflower. Dynafem has the real deal if you are looking for these qualities at least with the RoadRunner strain.

070611-pic1.JPG
070611-pic2.JPG
070611-pic3.JPG
070611-pic4.JPG
070611-pic5.JPG
070611-pic6.JPG

How tall was yours at that stage, Xlr8?

Actually in looking back, I saw preflowers at about day 28. Here is a picture from a day or so before I noticed pre-flowers, should give you a good idea of where she was at (4-6"?):

Big_Bang_Auto_May2311.jpg

She's about 2 weeks from harvest right now I'd guess. For fun - a pic from tonight, day 71 seed and day 36 from HPS switch, hope you don't mind me adding this:

bba_july6a.jpg

Actually in looking back, I saw preflowers at about day 28. Here is a picture from a day or so before I noticed pre-flowers, should give you a good idea of where she was at (4-6"?):

Big_Bang_Auto_May2311.jpg

She's about 2 weeks from harvest right now I'd guess. For fun - a pic from tonight, day 71 seed and day 36 from HPS switch, hope you don't mind me adding this:

bba_july6a.jpg

:trance: Holy crap, is that the same plant only 43 days apart? Amazing and great job! :high-five:

:trance: Holy crap, is that the same plant only 43 days apart? Amazing and great job! :high-five:

About 40 days I think? :)

Munki - There are a few journals that I like to follow, like yours, that simply inspire me. I have great admiration for your growing skills, knowledge and your plants - so that's a meaningful compliment to me. :thanks:

Munki - There are a few journals that I like to follow, like yours, that simply inspire me. I have great admiration for your growing skills, knowledge and your plants - so that's a meaningful compliment to me. :thanks:

Well the admiration is mutual then! :circle-of-love: LOVE FEST! ;)

HEAR! HEAR! Well said my friend, that's tha truth!!!:Namaste::nicethread:

Day 26, afternoon. She seems to be stretching out a bit getting ready for plump clumps of flowers. Haven't added anything but water so far. Does she look like she could use any nutrients? Leaves may be a bit light green and I've noticed that the soil has sunk down some. Wondering if that is just the soil settling or maybe that the plant has taken up some of the nutrients from the soil.

070811-pic1.JPG

070811-pic3.JPG
070811-pic2.JPG
070811-pic4.JPG

To measure mineral uptake by plants, one could dry then burn the leaf, stalk, and roots. Crucibles & hot flame are used in labs. Salts don't easily burn or melt, but all the products of photosynthesis do. These source from water and CO2, which are released by the burn. White ash is not heavy, and that's the amount of fertilizer salts that were taken up for growth. Organic nutrients must be broken down to component salts by micro beasties like bacteria & such, to become soluble & available to the plant whether the plant uses it or not. Organics are always breaking down, but plants use only what they use.
Medium levels fall from this, and compaction. Mostly compaction ;)

She's a good looking little fat girl, fuzzing up nicely.
Lovely progress from a 'found' seed :)

To measure mineral uptake by plants, one could dry then burn the leaf, stalk, and roots. Crucibles & hot flame are used in labs. Salts don't easily burn or melt, but all the products of photosynthesis do. These source from water and CO2, which are released by the burn. White ash is not heavy, and that's the amount of fertilizer salts that were taken up for growth. Organic nutrients must be broken down to component salts by micro beasties like bacteria & such, to become soluble & available to the plant whether the plant uses it or not. Organics are always breaking down, but plants use only what they use.
Medium levels fall from this, and compaction. Mostly compaction ;)

She's a good looking little fat girl, fuzzing up nicely.
Lovely progress from a 'found' seed :)

Yeah, your right as usual, PG. Carbon fixation from the atmosphere makes up the vast majority of the plant fibers.

Day 28, evening. Sorry to say but it is too dark to get pics of the lady tonight. I did measure her height and she is 7 1/2 inches tall.

I decided to go ahead and use GH Flora series nutes on her. Mixed up a batch of 1/2 strength Lucas Formula which is 4 mL/gal Micro and 8 mL/gal Bloom. Added a little pH up to get the pH to the lower 6 range (appears to be at 6.4). Will start applications tomorrow morning.

Day 29, afternoon. Went ahead and snapped some pics of the lady this afternoon. Gave her the first nutrient feeding this morning.

071111-pic1.JPG
071111-pic3.JPG
071111-pic2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom