Munki's "Al Naturale" Autoflower Outdoor Escursion - 2011

Well it has been 1 week since I dropped the seed into water. We have germination confirmed! It probably broke the surface yesterday, but I didn't check it then. Here are the initial pics. Gave it a small bit of water afterwards.

061411-pic1.JPG
061411-pic2.JPG
061411-pic3.JPG

Awwwww, look at the little baby!

I know! Thanks for checking in Tiger Balm.

From such a humble beginning shall a mighty little plant sprout ... I hope! :cheer:

Day 4. Yesterday was cloudy most of the day but today the sun came out midday. Photos are from about 4:30 PM. We have daylight savings going on so the sun position is more like 3:30 PM.

Took some readings from my LUX meter. Yesterday, I was seeing readings around 26500 LUX with the cloudiness, but the clearer skies today yielded a much higher 115000 LUX reading! I LOVE that free, full spectrum light the sun gives! :)

She is growing a bit each day. Gave her a good watering yesterday; skipping the watering today.

061611-pic1.JPG
061611-pic2.JPG
061611-pic3.JPG

She looks so small and lonely, but someday she will be sagging from the weight of her colas. :) :yummy:

If nature provides ... I am merely her steward.

<Stumbles in with bloodshot eyes. I am here for this one. Autoflowers and outdoors with Munki! It can't get much better than this! Hey bro, have you ever tried General Organics nutes? No ph balancing required. This stuff is so fool proof that if you were to spill the nutes into the buckets full strength, your plants would be unharmed. Check out the growth and color of ours when you find time, you will see. I will definately be watching yours and drooling. Love to see this strain as it progresses. Keep em green brother.

<Stumbles in with bloodshot eyes. I am here for this one. Autoflowers and outdoors with Munki! It can't get much better than this! Hey bro, have you ever tried General Organics nutes? No ph balancing required. This stuff is so fool proof that if you were to spill the nutes into the buckets full strength, your plants would be unharmed. Check out the growth and color of ours when you find time, you will see. I will definately be watching yours and drooling. Love to see this strain as it progresses. Keep em green brother.
Hey, how ya doin? i'm wondering if we over nute even with half-strength FF. I reused my soil from my first grow on some clones and odd seeds and everything grew weird, all spindly tall weak growth. Big mistake. So i saved the rest of the dirt and put it out around plants outdoors when they were ready to flower. Perked stuff right up, i must say.
Munki, the little babe is showing vigorous growth, there! Very nice.

Hey, what's up GMT! Long time, no see. When you refer to the GO nutes, which products did you specifically use and did you use them with FFOF? With the autoflower, I don't expect the overall grow to go very long, so I'm wondering if I'll need grow nutes at all. Maybe some bloom boosting at the end and I'll watch for evidence of deficiencies throughout the grow.

The more fool-proof, the better as I am a noobie soil guy ATM.

Thanks for checking in and for the suggestions! :cheer:

Day 6, morning. The last couple of days have been drizzly in the morning with cloudiness for most of the day and a few hours of sun in the afternoon. Looking to have improved conditions for the next several days; sun is already coming out at 9:20 AM. Here are the pics. BTW, I've been taking the plant indoors during the night so far. Treating it like a baby.

061811-pic1.JPG
061811-pic2.JPG
061811-pic3.JPG

Bro, we use FFOF at 25%, with the rest, 75% being Promix or Sunshine mix. The reason for nutes was to get the maximum growth before the auto's switched to flowering. The larger the plant, the better the yeild. With the GO line, it is a matter of taste and the fact that we don't even have to flush as much, if at all. The growth is excellant and we don't have to ph balance, saving a dollar or two. I like simple! Now if I could initiate a way to automatically mix the nutes and water a gallon at a time, rather than doing 10 gallons or more a day by hand...ughhh.

Bro, we use FFOF at 25%, with the rest, 75% being Promix or Sunshine mix. The reason for nutes was to get the maximum growth before the auto's switched to flowering. The larger the plant, the better the yeild. With the GO line, it is a matter of taste and the fact that we don't even have to flush as much, if at all. The growth is excellant and we don't have to ph balance, saving a dollar or two. I like simple! Now if I could initiate a way to automatically mix the nutes and water a gallon at a time, rather than doing 10 gallons or more a day by hand...ughhh.

Right on, thanks GMT! :morenutes:

I did a check with my LUX meter at midday yesterday. Got a reading of 133,000 LUX! :thedoubletake: :whoa: Hard to replicate that level indoors. So far, the little one seems to be handling it well; no burning noted on the cotyledons or first leaves. :thumb:

Day 8, afternoon. Growth is accelerating with the expanding root system and now second leaf set coming in. It was warmer today and expecting good weather like this for at least the next few days. :) Yeah!

062011-pic1.JPG
062011-pic2.JPG
062011-pic3.JPG

Munki! Cute little Roadrunner baby you have there! beware of any coyotes you see toting acme products :)

Good luck with the outdoor grow! I'll be following along ;)

Munki! Cute little Roadrunner baby you have there! beware of any coyotes you see toting acme products :)

Good luck with the outdoor grow! I'll be following along ;)

I'll keep my eye out, C-LOJ. Thanks for following along!

Hey Munki...it took me a week to realize you had a new journal up, but I'm in & sub'd! Nice start on the grow! :goodjob:

Right on, Mr. Krip ... glad to have you on board. The Playground got put into completed journals and it felt weird not posting a journal (along with not growing something). Saw that beautiful sun and couldn't pass up a chance to grow a plant under its nurturing illumination.

Back
Top Bottom