My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

Day 33, still going strong. I did see two adult gnats flying around this morning. When I ran my hand across the soil nothing flys out so hopefully these 2 where just trying to live out their span.

420-magazine-mobile317080115.jpg

The auto blue amnesia who sadly had the stem snapped is growing more than I was expecting. (6in tall)

420-magazine-mobile406355750.jpg

These 2 autos are Currently 15in and 14in tall. I wish I had topped right at the beginning of 3wks or even at 2.5wks instead of at the end of 3wks. As you can see there both almost at the same height and you really can't tell one was fim-ed. Flower site's are showing now.

420-magazine-mobile861578267.jpg

These are my 2 fem reg's I have growing in the mix. The fim-ed one on the right is getting bushy for sure. I noticed today she's showing signs of sex. I read today that it can happen when a plant is getting rebound. Any thoughts on this? Should I pot up now?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's always hard to determine when exactly to up pot. You could always flip the things over with your hand protecting the plant and slip the pot off for inspection. It's a little messy and you would lose anything on the soil for gnat protection. Well...you wouldn't lose the top layer but you'd have to scrape it up off your work area and reapply.

Those buggers have a 30 day life cycle. I top dress with ground mosquito dunks. Works.

Your plants are looking nice. I mean they are looking SWEET! :thumb::bravo:

It's always hard to determine when exactly to up pot. You could always flip the things over with your hand protecting the plant and slip the pot off for inspection. It's a little messy and you would lose anything on the soil for gnat protection. Well...you wouldn't lose the top layer but you'd have to scrape it up off your work area and reapply.

Those buggers have a 30 day life cycle. I top dress with ground mosquito dunks. Works.

30 days?! Good lord! I thought it was only a few days. Well that's good to know. When you use the mosquito dunks do you ever crush them up to mix in with a gal of water or just sprinkle on the soil?

While you might have had some failures in the past, this grow is looking on target to be successful. Way to go! Or should that be, way to grow! :laughtwo:

I have to talk myself down from over-nurturing my plants every day. While you appear to be doing just fine now, if you have an inclination to overwater, you might want to consider fabric pots next time. Being more difficult to overwater is just one of their virtues.

:thumb:

While you might have had some failures in the past, this grow is looking on target to be successful. Way to go! Or should that be, way to grow! :laughtwo:

I have to talk myself down from over-nurturing my plants every day. While you appear to be doing just fine now, if you have an inclination to overwater, you might want to consider fabric pots next time. Being more difficult to overwater is just one of their virtues.

:thumb:

Hey Fuzznutter, thanks for stopping by! I do have a few of those smart pots thanks for reminding me. I think I'll use those when I pot up.

My guess is that it would work either way. I've just used it on the soil.

Ok cool, I asked because I thought just adding 1/4 of one wasn't enough since I saw the 2 today plus now knowing how long they can live :/ so I'll continue to add some to the top layer of soil.

I use mosquito dunks in my rain barrel...would using that water on my plants protect them in a similar way?

YT

I use mosquito dunks in my rain barrel...would using that water on my plants protect them in a similar way?

YT

Great question. I am interested in the answer to this one.:thumb:

YT

I think using that water would be more effective than the way I tried with crushing a piece of a dunk up and pouring into a gal of water. With the rain barrel the mosquito dunks disperse. It would be easier to drench your pots too if fungus gnat's were an issue for you.

Snapped another stem! This time from trying to lst. I was lst my fem caramelo that I FIMed a week or so back and also the auto blue amnenia that I had dropped causing the stem snapped last week.
I read a little bit about lst taller plants and the methods that would be helpful since the stem is stronger now. As soon as I hit the middle to bend down it snapped. She's taped and still standing tall. Fingers crossed.
On a good note, I haven't seen anymore fungus gnats.

420-magazine-mobile1966507844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile52204363.jpg

Snapped another stem! This time from trying to lst. I was lst my fem caramelo that I FIMed a week or so back and also the auto blue amnenia that I had dropped causing the stem snapped last week.
I read a little bit about lst taller plants and the methods that would be helpful since the stem is stronger now. As soon as I hit the middle to bend down it snapped. She's taped and still standing tall. Fingers crossed.

420-magazine-mobile1966507844.jpg
420-magazine-mobile52204363.jpg

Hi Sin: Sorry to hear about the snap. I've heard on here that if you water your plants a couple hours before bending it will help to soften them up! Makes sense to me! Doing great! Peace Out!

Oh nos! Was it snapped off or just floppy broken? Fingers crossed she recovers. How is the other one doing? I had one plant before that I just couldn't LST for the life of me. Her stems grew so rigid and fat from the get go it was a snap fest. I quickly gave up and just let her grow up how she wanted. Fortunately she ended up being a chunky, squat plant and never caused me another iota of trouble.

Yay no more gnats! :cheer:

Oh nos! Was it snapped off or just floppy broken? Fingers crossed she recovers. How is the other one doing? I had one plant before that I just couldn't LST for the life of me. Her stems grew so rigid and fat from the get go it was a snap fest. I quickly gave up and just let her grow up how she wanted. Fortunately she ended up being a chunky, squat plant and never caused me another iota of trouble.

Yay no more gnats! :cheer:

I guess floppy broken would be more like it this time. I was wiggling the stem gently back and forth when I put the twist tie around to pull down it felt the stem just squished (best word to describe it) from the pressure she just went limp. There was a tiny tear but not all the way through if that makes sense?
The other auto hasn't skipped a beat since the stem snapped. Doesn't seem phased by it at all. I'm sure in the end I'll see the difference. I'm done trying to train for a better yield. She won't allow it anyways.

I guess floppy broken would be more like it this time. I was wiggling the stem gently back and forth when I put the twist tie around to pull down it felt the stem just squished (best word to describe it) from the pressure she just went limp. There was a tiny tear but not all the way through if that makes sense?
The other auto hasn't skipped a beat since the stem snapped. Doesn't seem phased by it at all. I'm sure in the end I'll see the difference. I'm done trying to train for a better yield. She won't allow it anyways.

I've got one I'm trying to super crop which is breaking the cell wall of the stem and bending. I've never done this before and things don't always look so good.

DSC_05179.JPG

I've got one I'm trying to super crop which is breaking the cell wall of the stem and bending. I've never done this before and things don't always look so good.

DSC_05179.JPG

Oh shoot, ok! My stem looked just like that. I've heard the term super cropping before but know nothing about it. So I'll do some research. I'm probably better off leaving these 3 autos alone for now.

Oh good it sounds like both will make it just fine then. It's probably best to just gently stretch any branches to the side if needed than to try bending them again.

Oh good it sounds like both will make it just fine then. It's probably best to just gently stretch any branches to the side if needed than to try bending them again.

420-magazine-mobile1691200420.jpg

I think it's the strain that makes them tall/lanky. I feel like it's just so empty for a plant? Not many branches. All bud sites are getting direct light. Any thoughts on her? All 3 autos literary shot up over night. I really think with this strain I just missed the window to make her bushy. Has anyone seen this happen?
The 3 fem reg I have the nodes are still close to each. That's why I ruled out poor lighting.

I'm afraid I haven't run autos yet and can't comment from experience on their physical growth patterns. From what I've seen in other people's journals though I'm going into my first auto grow expecting anything to be possible: short and stunted, tall and lanky, squat and bushy. Who knows what I'll get. It seems to be a bit of a crap shoot unless the genetics are spot on and stable. It also seems to be the prevailing opinion that you want to top autos early so as not to negatively affect their rapid growth. It seems some don't even risk LST with autos beyond gentle stretching. Hopefully someone with experience will jump in here and have advice for you.

420-magazine-mobile1392002053.jpg

39/40 days old today. The auto who's stem completely snapped is doing well. The other two are doing great. Flower sites are getting bigger.
I had held off watering all plants until last night. It was about 6 days but I wanted the soil to dry to be sure the fungus gnats were gone. I haven't seen any in week.

Back
Top Bottom