My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

Hi Sin: White flat paint works fine and it's cheap. In my opinion and from what others have said this is fine. Stupid flood. I hope things will be OK for you from now on.Best of luck to you! Peace Out!

Just a small update. My basement flooded yesterday from all that rain. My plants haven't been under lights since 730pm yesterday. My tent was trashed along with the led light. It's so frustrating to come so far only to have this happen. I'm trying to figure out a game plan for another set up.
I'm wondering if it would be okay to have them in a spare room with white wall no Mylar though? Any thought on that?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Heya MsSinful,
Flat white painted walls work fine. Flat white is about the best I have heard but I recon you could use about any white. Something about hotspots is the reason most don't use any glossy types.

Later sorry bout the flood.

Thank you all for replying! I just moved them into that room. I had 2 180w UFO leds just collecting dust so I'm using those. I took the metal frame from the tent to hang them from for now. I'm grateful the white painted room with work for the time being.

420-magazine-mobile508514851.jpg

Both Caramelo photo's are stretching. Huge difference between the lst one on the left. This is my 1st lst on any plant so it's cool to see how it grows. Also the one of the left I could of sworn I saw preflowers while in veg. I did top it one more time right before 12/12 switch so I may of cut those off. I see no signs of being male though. I'll just keep watching.

420-magazine-mobile217401333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1695284687.jpg

All plants are 54 days olds. These 2 auto blue amnesia's have an est finish time of 60-70 days.
After I bent the 2nd stem learning it's a technique called super cropping I started to wonder if there was away to super crop without doing it to the point of feeling that "pop". I wanted to damage the wall of the stem yet still have it be able to hold its self up with the support of tape. After doing these to both autos I'm still conflicted if it could make a difference. The stem wall was more damaged than if it were done the way it's meant to. I've had to keep tape on them for almost 2 weeks to make sure they fully heal because both ended up with lots of tiny tears all over the area that I didn't even notice until I tried to remove the tape last the first week. The auto in pic #2 was effected in a negative away. Now this is also the auto I used the fim technique on so it could of been just to much for it to handle in a short time. The fim was done a week later than should of been but you can see a real difference between the 2 plants. In the 2nd pic the plant looks closer to be done. Lost of orange hairs.
The blue amnesia is the 1st pic is thriving. Trying the super cropping technique the way I wanted to try out seems to of had a positive effect on the plant. She's definitely more filled out with bigger bud sites. This plant will most likely reach that 70 days if not further.
All in all I definitely won't try to super crop any other way than how it's meant to be done.

I'm curious to know if keeping a plant in 12/12 for longer than it would need to stay could be negative in anyway?
1 auto is looking about 80% through flower where the other is 50/60% would it be ok to allow the 1 closer to being done more time to work on the bottom bud sites?

I'm curious to know if keeping a plant in 12/12 for longer than it would need to stay could be negative in anyway?
1 auto is looking about 80% through flower where the other is 50/60% would it be ok to allow the 1 closer to being done more time to work on the bottom bud sites?

The high would likely change as the buds mature, and if you leave it in too long the plant may hermie. Is there a reason you need to harvest them both at the same time? If you just want the lower bud sites to have more time, do a partial harvest. Remove the upper buds and leave the lower branches under 12/12 for another week or two.

The high would likely change as the buds mature, and if you leave it in too long the plant may hermie. Is there a reason you need to harvest them both at the same time? If you just want the lower bud sites to have more time, do a partial harvest. Remove the upper buds and leave the lower branches under 12/12 for another week or two.

Ah, that's interesting. I definitely don't need this plant to turn hermie with 2 plants fairly new in flower.
There's nothing forcing me to wait for the 2nd to finish.
So when I remove the bud sites that are finished would I just clip them off of the branches or could I remove the whole branch itself?
Thanks Fuzznutter that was super informative :)

Ah, that's interesting. I definitely don't need this plant to turn hermie with 2 plants fairly new in flower.
There's nothing forcing me to wait for the 2nd to finish.
So when I remove the bud sites that are finished would I just clip them off of the branches or could I remove the whole branch itself?
Thanks Fuzznutter that was super informative :)

You're welcome. :hug: You can remove just the bud, the whole branch or only the upper part of a branch. It's up to you. The lower buds probably won't get much larger, but they will fatten up slightly and ripen more.

420-magazine-mobile1699487379.jpg

I ordered a new LED Friday night. The perfect sun 500. I can't express how relieved I actually was once I had finished with the payment process. If someone quizzed me right now on the current led's on the market I would get an A+. I'm really looking forward to a light that can penetrate past just the canopy. It's on back order though currently so that will give me time to find a 3x3 tent, I think I may go with one of the secret jardin's.

420-magazine-mobile151387391.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2127301504.jpg

Just want to post a couple of pictures as things continue to go well. This Caramelo has blown up! Her flower sites are more defined so hopefully there won't be to much more vertical growth since I was able to wash and air dry the tent that was damaged in my basement flood. So the plants are back in there for now.
The blue amnesia is going strong. She producing sugar nicely. Tricoms are clear. I just don't know if I should continue to fed the auto bloom nutes or if I should use distilled only until she's finished.

420-magazine-mobile288065200.jpg

Today I received the tracking number to the perfect sun 500 led light and last night I bought a Secret Jardin Dark Street II 36" x 36" x 64" (DS90II) so hopefully by this time next week I'll have these plants inside a better environment.

Yay, new lights! I'm sure the plants will love it. Are all 3 lights going in that tent?

:thumb:

It's so exciting! :) the specs for the new light said it will cover a full 3x3 so if that's true I'll use this current tent and lights for autos and a mother photo.

I'm looking for some advice. These trichome pictures are of the auto blue amnesia. They still look clear to me, should I continue to fed her or should I stop? Does anyone know how quickly the trichomes change? From clear to cloudy to cloudy with amber?
420-magazine-mobile1913854390.jpg
420-magazine-mobile630003747.jpg
420-magazine-mobile657748392.jpg

In my experience it really depends on the strain. Some turn faster than others. Obviously indica turn faster and sativa can take forever and a day it seems. Waiting for them to change always feels like a blessing and a curse to me. On one hand it means the plant has more time to get fatter buds. Yay! On the other hand it means more waiting. Boo! :laughtwo:

Hi Sin: When growing auto's I find that 18/6 or 20/4 works the best for lighting during flower, as that thru genetics these plants will not be bothered by to much light. I am hoping that the 20/4 will give me a heavier denser bud at finish. Hope this helps you! Peace Out!

Hi Sin: When growing auto's I find that 18/6 or 20/4 works the best for lighting during flower, as that thru genetics these plants will not be bothered by to much light. I am hoping that the 20/4 will give me a heavier denser bud at finish. Hope this helps you! Peace Out!

For sure, she would of gotten much fatter had I kept the lights 20/4. It's the disadvantage of running photo's with autos I guess.

420-magazine-mobile233758711.jpg
420-magazine-mobile901225162.jpg

I just received the new LED light from black diamond this morning. I couldn't help myself I had to set it up in my current tent. The instructions had said to start at 24in from the canopy when in flower then to 18in. My current tent is 4.5ft/4.7ft tall so the furthest away I'm able to get the light is 19in away until tmo when the new tent arrives.
This new light makes the old mars hydro look like a cream puff.
These are the last 2 standing plants.
I cut down the auto blue amnesia 2 days ago so I'll have to get back to this journal on a weight once it's 100% done. I do have a few more of those autos which will be apart of the next grow. I really think switching to 12/12 hurt the yield.
These 2 Caramelo photos are looking great. I'm still only adding 1/4 strength of nutes. I think that will be increased starting next week though.

Back
Top Bottom