My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

420-magazine-mobile1629067887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1295563778.jpg

The new tent I ordered (secret jardin ds90) arrived today. This tent was so easy to put together, 10 minutes max. No light leaks right off the bat made me happy. You can just tell it's a better quality compared to the other 2 I have.
These girls seem to be enjoying the new light. The leaves are facing up praying.
I'm wondering if I should remove any of the leaves or smaller branch's off of the taller plant. Any suggestions? I was thinking if I did then the plant would focus more on the better sites. Am I wrong for thinking this?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So these two Caramelo's are starting the 5th week of flower this week although the strain has a really short flower period of 6 to 7 weeks. I definitely can not see these being finished in that time. I'm assure having them under the 1st addition mars-hydro 300w led is the reason. Now under the new light I can see major growth esp on the shorter of the 2 plants. This plant has been fim-ed then topped in 2 places and lst.

420-magazine-mobile1853516436.jpg

The new tent I ordered (secret jardin ds90) arrived today. This tent was so easy to put together, 10 minutes max. No light leaks right off the bat made me happy. You can just tell it's a better quality compared to the other 2 I have.
These girls seem to be enjoying the new light. The leaves are facing up praying.
I'm wondering if I should remove any of the leaves or smaller branch's off of the taller plant. Any suggestions? I was thinking if I did then the plant would focus more on the better sites. Am I wrong for thinking this?

So these two Caramelo's are starting the 5th week of flower this week although the strain has a really short flower period of 6 to 7 weeks. I definitely can not see these being finished in that time. I'm assure having them under the 1st addition mars-hydro 300w led is the reason. Now under the new light I can see major growth esp on the shorter of the 2 plants. This plant has been fim-ed then topped in 2 places and lst.

420-magazine-mobile1853516436.jpg

I've put two Mars-Hydro tents together and always have problems.

As far as taking foliage off, I usually try to get lower bloom sites off just by rubbing the stems. There is much debate here but I'm starting to leave most of lower leaves on until I miss my watering and they sort of dry up and turn brown. I try to avoid this but my blooming girls are still drinking lots of water/nutes.

Your girls look sweet.

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

Question? I've noticed in a lot of the auto grow journals people are planting the seed straight into the end game pot. Mine are in small 4x3in pots. Should I move my 3 autos into 1gal pots now or wait a bit? My only concern is causing them stress. Anyone have advice for what I should do?

shouldn't cause stress....just be delicate when transplant....search smallest lot. on this app..a guy grows In mini solo cup shots...
This is great. I'll reach out to the both of them. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: My first brown thumb grow journal working in soil. Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Ca

shouldn't cause stress....just be delicate when transplant....search smallest lot. on this app..a guy grows In mini solo cup shots...

Sent from my SM-G360V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've been checking out grows in solo cups for autos and I was shocked to see the bud size. One person had grown an auto in a spice container. The buds where bigger than any of my autos!. I've been searching for smallest lot but I can't seem to find anything you've explained. I'll keep looking.

My First Brown Thumb Grow Journal In Soil - Auto Fem Blue Amnesia & Fem Carame

As far as taking foliage off, I usually try to get lower bloom sites off just by rubbing the stems. There is much debate here but I'm starting to leave most of lower leaves on until I miss my watering and they sort of dry up and turn brown. I try to avoid this but my blooming girls are still drinking lots of water/nutes.

Your girls look sweet.

Ok cool, I can picture what you mean. I wonder if just cutting off those tiny bud sites would work as well? Or is that over doing it? Id keep the larger leaves because I'm in the same boat with staying on top of watering the larger plant no later than 3 days. The smaller is every 5 days so I just switched it to a fabric pot.

Your girls look sweet.

Oh yea I wanted to tell you about the tent. It only had two different size poles A and B for the main frame. Other tents have up to 4 or 5 separate poles marked with letters or numbers it's nuts. The coolest part I think would be getting the tent around the frame. The way secret jardin's do it is they leave the bottom of the tent as a zip around so you only need to get the tent around the top frame then the bottom you can just zipper it closed so simple.

420-magazine-mobile1848258345.jpg

You'd think a person would get bored just watching plants grow. Not me though. Every time I peak in I get so excited with how big they are growing. I'm shocked I've kept them alive and thriving. The light shut off as I was checking the soil moister so I took a few pics.

420-magazine-mobile817151523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile925338031.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465042840.jpg

You'd think a person would get bored just watching plants grow. Not me though. Every time I peak in I get so excited with how big they are growing. I'm shocked I've kept them alive and thriving. The light shut off as I was checking the soil moister so I took a few pics.

420-magazine-mobile817151523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile925338031.jpg
420-magazine-mobile465042840.jpg

Hi MsSinful: Plants are looking mighty fine! You have been doing a great job! Keep it up! Peace Out!

Hi
Your ladies are beautiful and do love their environment and your care:thumb:
The solo cup grow is from member OldSchool and they are amazing.
Many growers cut off the lower popcorn buds, for the same reason yo said, plant sends food upwards and the top ones will grow better.

Hi
Your ladies are beautiful and do love their environment and your care:thumb:
The solo cup grow is from member OldSchool and they are amazing.
Many growers cut off the lower popcorn buds, for the same reason yo said, plant sends food upwards and the top ones will grow better.

Oh cool so is that actually oldschool's thread? I know I see his name around often it must be. My jaw drops at that bud sizes from Autos kept in small containers. Personally I haven't had the best luck with them myself as far as yield goes.
I'm waiting on some midnight express autos to arrive any day now. I'll be giving them another go then.
Thanks for validating my question about clipping those buds off. I still haven't done it because I was scared maybe it would stress the plant causing it to hermie.

Hi MsSinful: Plants are looking mighty fine! You have been doing a great job! Keep it up! Peace Out!

Smalltime thank you for the kind words. You my friend are the one doing a kick ass job. Those 2 autos are looking amazing.

420-magazine-mobile361667391.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1994202251.jpg
420-magazine-mobile15675818.jpg

The tall Caramelo is just over 2ft and the other is at about 14inch's. I thought she would stretch up a bit more guess not though.
I just water last night with bloom nutes which they've been getting for a bit now so with the next feeding I'll also be adding some heavy yields to that.

Question. I'm wondering if when I water it should also be with nutes only at this point? As of now I'm giving nutes with every other watering. Does anyone else do that? Or should it be all nutes like I'm wondering?

Some people give plain water in between nute feedings in soil like you're doing. Others use a smaller amount with every watering. Either seems to be a valid method. All that matters is the plants are happy.

Your ladies are budding up nicely. Which of the new seeds are you going to run next? I just got my Halloween seed order the other day. Because of some mix ups on their end, I received an extra 5 Shaman, 2 Amnesi-K, a Special Queen #1, and 5 CBD Yummy seeds for free! Well worth the wait. :blalol:

Some people give plain water in between nute feedings in soil like you're doing. Others use a smaller amount with every watering. Either seems to be a valid method. All that matters is the plants are happy.

Your ladies are budding up nicely. Which of the new seeds are you going to run next? I just got my Halloween seed order the other day. Because of some mix ups on their end, I received an extra 5 Shaman, 2 Amnesi-K, a Special Queen #1, and 5 CBD Yummy seeds for free! Well worth the wait. :blalol:

Whoa, lucky lady! I loooove the purple strains so I'll definitely be following that shaman grow :).
I have to tell you since the seeds came in the mail I've been fighting that urge to germ a couple haha. The struggle is real! I know for sure I'll be doing that midnight express auto probably this weekend. I don't know about which photo to choose.
Please feel free to help me make up my mind :).

Back
Top Bottom