My First Grow Ever!

Very nice! Thos photos look very stocky! :goodjob: Unrelated question Rifleman, what's you're favorite caliber rifle for long range accuracy?
:peace:

Thanks DrewDrop. As for ammo, it all depends on what I am shooting and how far. 17hmr is great for prairie dogs, 6.5 Creedmoor, 338 Lapua, and the big boy 50bmg will take down most anything else at distances well over what one can see with iron sights. Of course the 5.7x28 is a lot of fun too.

"Oh, my my, oh, hell yes
Honey, put on that party dress
Buy me a drink, sing me a song
Take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long"

Brief early week update. Everyone received a gallon of water yesterday. The autos are still raising their ph some, but not nearly like earlier. Now it is more like 5.8 rises to 6.1 or 6.2 over 24 hours, where is was 5.8 to 7.0-7.2 previously. The ppm isn't dropping as much either. Guess they are more thirsty than hungry. Still only a few amber tricomes on the leaves right up against the buds. The rest are still a mix, hard for me to estimate percentages due to being blind as a bat, and crosseyed high. I just noticed the buds seem to be swelling up now too. :cheer: Everything I've seen tells me to wait.

"Think they're done?...wait another week...close?...wait?...but they can't get much bigger!...wait...Holy smokes look at the size of those buds!!!!...now you're ready."

Arrgggghhh, patience was never my strong suit. However I am finding a strange sense of calm and slowly even some patience creeping into my life the more time I spend in the garden. I swear it is almost as good for me as the end product. If you are teattering on the fence as to growing or not...Grow. It's worth the time and effort, especially if you're an old retired fart like me, who never had time for hobbies due to chasing the dream at 55-60 hours a week.

I'll leave you with a couple of pics from the top buds of the autos. I'll be back with more later in the week.
Peace everyone! :peace:

PLANT #3 SUNDAY NIGHT

PLANT #4 MONDAY MORNING

Backbuilding works. Thanks LA ! Noticed more amber today. Flush starts Friday. Harvest Around Feb 6th I'm thinking. It's a good thing too, the photo plants are getting quite bushy and I'm ready to see what they will do.

Peace.

It might not be worth it with just a few days left, as they need time to grow fatter. I cut mine maybe a week ago, ten days max. Then again who knows, no better than my memory is, it might have been two weeks ago. Sorry I didn't make a note of it.

It might not be worth it with just a few days left, as they need time to grow fatter. I cut mine maybe a week ago, ten days max. Then again who knows, no better than my memory is, it might have been two weeks ago. Sorry I didn't make a note of it.

Haha, yeah I'm shocking at journal'ing..

-J.

Not sure what you figured out, but I hope I helped. Lol

No I just had a equipment related question was struggling setting everything up but finally realised I was making a stupid mistake! Anyways hopefully in 2-3 months ill have plants half the size of yours bro.. couple of real beauties you have there!

*Do have one thing though if you don't mind? One where do I measure temp and humidity from? I have it just laying on the soil atm? Is that okay? And my temp is pretty good I think mid 70s Fahrenheit.. humidity is quite low though.. Low to mid 30s.. but I've put a 10l pot of water up there also to absorb some of the heat as it was at about 83 and hopefully add humidity. Was this the right thing to do? And is my plant okay at this humidity for the moment? I will get a humidifier during the week hopefully!

Sorry I keep editing and asking things :/

No I just had a equipment related question was struggling setting everything up but finally realised I was making a stupid mistake! Anyways hopefully in 2-3 months ill have plants half the size of yours bro.. couple of real beauties you have there!

*Do have one thing though if you don't mind? One where do I measure temp and humidity from? I have it just laying on the soil atm? Is that okay? And my temp is pretty good I think mid 70s Fahrenheit.. humidity is quite low though.. Low to mid 30s.. but I've put a 10l pot of water up there also to absorb some of the heat as it was at about 83 and hopefully add humidity. Was this the right thing to do? And is my plant okay at this humidity for the moment? I will get a humidifier during the week hopefully!

Sorry I keep editing and asking things :/

Thanks for the compliments. I measure temp at top bud level below the light, and at floor level next to my buckets. FWIW I have 25gal of water that sets in my tent distilling before use, it does not have an effect on my humidity. It might help if it had a fan blowing across it, but I don't think enough to matter. I bought a $40 ultra sonic humidifier that holds 2 gallons. I grew for a while without one and with the heat on and Winter kicking us, the RH was a low 30 reading all the time. Your plants will probably be okay at the lower RH reading, but we do like to give them perfect conditions, don't we? Good Luck.

Thanks for the compliments. I measure temp at top bud level below the light, and at floor level next to my buckets. FWIW I have 25gal of water that sets in my tent distilling before use, it does not have an effect on my humidity. It might help if it had a fan blowing across it, but I don't think enough to matter. I bought a $40 ultra sonic humidifier that holds 2 gallons. I grew for a while without one and with the heat on and Winter kicking us, the RH was a low 30 reading all the time. Your plants will probably be okay at the lower RH reading, but we do like to give them perfect conditions, don't we? Good Luck.

Yeah that's exactly it want my babies to have a nice 50 RH min at the mo ha.. did manage to get humidity rising in the last couple hours by putting a rag over the bucket of water which I just dip in the water regularly. Think the 10l of water just couldn't absorb enough heat to evaporate so now the rag seems to be absorbing the heat easier! Up to a steady 36 now ;) ha hopefully keeps going up and ill try match your grow!

Water Change - The flush begins.

Friday was water change day again. The photo plants(1&2) were untied so they can spread out and begin some open growth again. They will be scrog'd soon. The autos(3&4) received no nutrients this week. They were given distilled H2o, ph'd to 6.0 I have begun to flush them. Plant 3 seems to be showing more amber than #4, so she will probably get chopped on Feb 6th.(guesstimate)

Sorry for the late and short update, life has a way of interfering with my hobbies. At least I managed to get #4 out of the tent and away from the hps during the water change to get a few good pics of her. Annnnnnd speaking of pics, remember to click on the ones below for a larger view. Hope everyone has a kick ass weekend.
--
Peace
Rifleman :peace:

Plant 1

PH out-6.3
PPM out-790
Height-12 1/2"
Grown in a wk-0
Water consumed in a wk-3 1/2gallons
Fresh h2o PPM-175
Nutes given- Micro 20ml, Grow 20ml, Bloom 12ml, Hydroguard 8ml, in 4 gallons water
PH in-5.8
PPM in-838
PPM nutes-663
Days above dirt-66

Plant 2

PH out-5.9
PPM out-773
Height-11"
Grown in a wk-0
Water consumed in a wk-3 1/4 gallons
Fresh h2o PPM-179
Nutes given- Micro 20ml, Grow 20ml, Bloom 12ml, Hydroguard 8ml, in 4 gallons water
PH in-5.8
PPM in-861
PPM nutes-682
Days above dirt-65

Plant 3

PH out-5.8
PPM out-1020
Water consumed in a wk-3 1/4 gallons
Fresh h2o PPM-176
Nutes given- Hydroguard 8ml, in 4 gallons water
PH in-6.0
PPM in-185
PPM nutes-0
Days above dirt-61

Plant 4

PH out-5.9
PPM out-981
Water consumed in a wk-4 gallons
Fresh h2o PPM-178
Nutes given- Hydroguard 8ml, in 4 gallons water
PH in-6.0
PPM in-179
PPM nutes-0
Days above dirt-60

Thirsty girls. Right on schedule, 48 hours after a water change and all are a gallon down. #4 down 5 quarts. So a cool drink of ph'd water and close it up again. The photo plants are liking not being tied down and abused. I expect them to explode once the autos are out of the way. Stay tuned folks, more to come.

Wow. Just wow. I hope you're going in Plant of the Month with one of those? :thumb:

-J.

Thanks J. #4 was in for Jan. Got mine plus another vote. LMAO. It was a shitty pic inside the tent. A decision hastened by medication.:tokin: I might put one in again. Depends on how they look when I start removing fan leaves and the bud structures are revealed.

Back
Top Bottom