My First Grow

Mixed, but the lumens are important so add those up too if you still have the boxes. Some bulbs say it right on them some don't.

I believe the tutorial said 3000 lumens per square foot. So do your length times width and see if that is enough. I don't think it is.

Are all your bulbs the same spectrum now? You don't have to mix but it is advised. Just swap out some of the 6500k for a couple of 2700k and you will be good for veg. Flowering is another story.

I say ask one of the light gurus. It sounds low to me but what do I know. Make one of those thingys to put between the plants. That will give you extra lumens and side lighting at the same time.

You can use the block like roseman made or the one towards the end of the tutorial which I am going to make. If I can do it anyone can.

Thats a cool idea using the PVC like that, I have 50k lumens (in bloom) on my bubble grow, I should have side lighting because of their height but I have too much heat in there as it is :peace:

I should clarify, the 400 watt HPS puts out 50k lumens up to 12 inches away (thats the lamp to the top of my canopy ) the farther away the less lumens the plant receives, so mine are 4 ft tall, the bottom of the plant isnt getting much at all, thats why side lighting is so important IMO.

ok just rechecked my lumens for my flower room they are rated at 1800,well i figured it up and it seems i need 900 per square ft..idk i suck at math so please correct me if im wrong ,the lights are rated at 1800 so 8x1800 is 14,400, the room is 4x6 but i dont think they will go past 4 foot so make it 4x4,16 square ft,, so 16/14,400 comes to 900 lums per square ft right? so how much more do you think i need?

Back
Top Bottom