My First Grow

So those little tiny leaves you see by the intersection of the branches? Those aren't actually leaves, those things protect the future sex parts from damage, kind of like a jock strap. The new growths are completely normal. Trust me, that's on every plant. If you're the type of person who likes to read, the website I found most helpful is called Grow Weed Easy. I cannot link it here, so just google it, it should be the top results.

That website will give you a crap ton of information, that is easy to understand as a newbie. And of course talking to us helps.

Next, so each time you have those 4 branches in an intersection...that's called a "Node" Once your plant is between 5-6 "nodes" tall, you'll want to "top" your plant. Basically what this means is taking a pair of sterile scissors and cut right Above the 3rd "node" The reason you do this has to do with how the plant generates and distributes energy. If you leave it as is, it'll still be health, however it will end up looking like a Christmas Tree when its done. The down side to this Christmas tree shape is the plant will only produce 1 main "Cola" Cola being the actual bud or weed that you use as medicine. By "Topping" you break the cycle by tricking the plant into thinking that an animal ate its only chance at reproduction, and thus those 2 "Growth tips" we talked about earlier, the set of leaves that grow into new branches.... Yeah those will now become 2 Main "Cola" Sites. Thus Doubling your Bud!!!!

This is a very basic explanation, and someone else could prolly do a better job than I can. Check out that website if you have a chance

Nice grow you got going on, your girl looks very well taken care of! If it was my grow I would top her ( cut off the newest set of leaves at the top ). This will send chemicals to the other lower branches and help her stretch them out and widen her canopy. This will also help take advantage off all the available light in your setup by giving all the branches the same intensity light.

Happy growing, you're off to a great start!
420-magazine-mobile1834926396.jpg
just finished topping it... thanks for the help... how long before she starts sprouting again?

So those little tiny leaves you see by the intersection of the branches? Those aren't actually leaves, those things protect the future sex parts from damage, kind of like a jock strap. The new growths are completely normal. Trust me, that's on every plant. If you're the type of person who likes to read, the website I found most helpful is called Grow Weed Easy. I cannot link it here, so just google it, it should be the top results.

That website will give you a crap ton of information, that is easy to understand as a newbie. And of course talking to us helps.

Next, so each time you have those 4 branches in an intersection...that's called a "Node" Once your plant is between 5-6 "nodes" tall, you'll want to "top" your plant. Basically what this means is taking a pair of sterile scissors and cut right Above the 3rd "node" The reason you do this has to do with how the plant generates and distributes energy. If you leave it as is, it'll still be health, however it will end up looking like a Christmas Tree when its done. The down side to this Christmas tree shape is the plant will only produce 1 main "Cola" Cola being the actual bud or weed that you use as medicine. By "Topping" you break the cycle by tricking the plant into thinking that an animal ate its only chance at reproduction, and thus those 2 "Growth tips" we talked about earlier, the set of leaves that grow into new branches.... Yeah those will now become 2 Main "Cola" Sites. Thus Doubling your Bud!!!!

This is a very basic explanation, and someone else could prolly do a better job than I can. Check out that website if you have a chance
Thanks for all the knowledge man... am a look into right now... one love man... good luck with your grow.. and if have a journal dropped the link here so i could sub

Nice, looks like you're already on the right track! With a healthy plant like yours you shouldn't see much slowing in new growth, maybe a day and then you will see the lower branches growth pick up rapidly.

Apbeast87 is totally right, the site grow weed easy is packed full of good info that is easy to comprehend and will help along the way.

Thanks for all the knowledge man... am a look into right now... one love man... good luck with your grow.. and if have a journal dropped the link here so i could sub

Thanks man. My grow journal is in my signature. Just click that and it'll take you straight there! Good luck with your grow. I'm subbed and would love to help out where I can.

Thanks man. My grow journal is in my signature. Just click that and it'll take you straight there! Good luck with your grow. I'm subbed and would love to help out where I can.
I sub to your gj and ill keep u guys updated on her... thanks again for your guys help ...

Hey man, just saw your post in Knowledge share.
Back to when you topped,
420-magazine-mobile118623498.jpg

From my exp, the nodes you can see when you top will become the final two top nodes. Perhaps tucking the top fan leaves out of the way for the other arms to reach up and become the canopy.

In that photo yeah you've got the two fan leaves at the top, then in the elbow are the fresh / last / top nodes. I don't think anymore will sprout from the stem above the ones that are already there, tucking and training from now would be the best approach .

420-magazine-mobile608357783.jpg
ther i tucked all her fan leaves ... so the buds form on the branches that form on top of the fan leaves...?
She wont get damaged for tucking in her fan leaves? And like she wont get any taller u think i should start flowering her already bro???

Back
Top Bottom