My First Indoor Grow

I am a proud father. I can’t be happier with my girls. The leaves down low are naturally pruning themselves. Most of those leaves will fall off when barely touched. The buds are really starting to form and the stretch was slower today, I don’t think they grew taller at all.
DF204405-4ABB-46DB-84C5-69A9DC299B70.jpeg19E61E30-0833-46C9-837B-FA611580EEFF.jpeg

I have been on vacation and have had a friend water my plants. They sent me these pics on Wednesday. I can’t wait to get home and get some better pictures tomorrow, since the lights will be off when I get home tonight.
. 2FB739E8-78BC-4F68-A237-162F6FB5947E.jpegDA6C61D0-B4CE-4A9D-BF6B-E1011C8D72F3.jpeg

They stretched about 4 more inches. My shortest plants did the most stretching this week, they are even starting to outgrow the “strong plants”. I counted 50 main bud sites at the top of the canopy. Should I remove the small buds developing where they don’t get much light? Or, should I just let them do their thing? Oh, I was in Colorado this last week and was able to try some of their medicine. They have some good, strong stuff! I was a two hit man or a single edible lol

4BA5A8EE-F69F-4D50-93D5-D43F532A659E.jpegDC6BBEAD-D6CE-4560-9DB4-3EC1593788DC.jpeg3FD5D5D1-176A-4E99-817F-CF6864312B2E.jpeg796C3C01-4FF6-418A-B78F-F9D175271F63.jpeg2535B149-BDBE-4687-AFA8-FF4E5F3D16C8.jpeg84807489-9507-4C63-9715-C1AC9856EAC4.jpeg

I really would like some advice on pruning the areas and bud sites that do not get light. I would like to make the buds at the top as big as possible. The middle areas have been dropping a lot of leaves naturally, but there is still a ton in the middle and down low that don't get any light. There are also several bud sites developing down there as well.

Pruning is tough, I usually try to avoid doing so when in flower, but if a plant needs it, because it's a shrub, then I don't hesitate to remove lowers that are underperforming in either veg or flower.

Your plants look great! Thanks to your friend.

Pruning is tough, I usually try to avoid doing so when in flower, but if a plant needs it, because it's a shrub, then I don't hesitate to remove lowers that are underperforming in either veg or flower.

Your plants look great! Thanks to your friend.
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to prune heavy, but there is a lot of bad undergrowth happening that will never produce. I will just remove those pieces, not whole steams.

I was gone 7 days and my friend would text me daily about the plants. He said he has never been so worried about watering a garden before. LOL.

I know it isn’t a great picture, but it is the best I can do on my phone. I was excited to show off the first bit of frost developing. They are going into week 5 of flower now. :)
5A6D5E6D-69BC-493F-B8F9-A292F78D818E.jpeg

Does anyone know of a good auto water system for soil? I would like to make it more automated so I don't have to bed over so much. My back doesn't do well with all the bending to water them.
thats my self watering systheme i buy a small pump on amazon some coupling and hoses work pretty good .i mix my nute in a 5 gallon bucket trow the pump in 2 minute and its all done the systheme cost me 20$ and 1 hour to make it work good until now20181010_210702.jpg2 week old20181222_205822.jpg2 month and a half old

So, I got a vape of Zkittlez and smoked it tonight. The smell of Zkittlez is unlike anything I have smelled before. The C02 extracted oil has a strong fruity smell, almost like the candy. The hit was stronger than expected, so I didn't enjoy the smoke flavor very long before needing to cough. But, it was a strong fruity flavor making it a bit perfume like. The high was quick and intense but calmed down in an hour to a manageable state but the sativa traits make me not feel sleepy. So, if you find some, try it. I like it. My other vape is an OGKush. That made me want to go straight to sleep. LOL. I like this a lot more. I know this post is random lol

Hey nice journal I just ran through the whole thing. I was sad to see u cut your pots I’ve used mine for a few grows now. Your canopy looks great. I’m not sure if you watch YouTube videos but I’ve seen from many ppl that light and air equals more bud to your lower sites. So I would defoliate but it’s all a personal choice. I’m too worried about mold so I defoliate right before flower, and after the stretch. But your doing great man I’m subbed for nugs.:passitleft:

Hey nice journal I just ran through the whole thing. I was sad to see u cut your pots I’ve used mine for a few grows now. Your canopy looks great. I’m not sure if you watch YouTube videos but I’ve seen from many ppl that light and air equals more bud to your lower sites. So I would defoliate but it’s all a personal choice. I’m too worried about mold so I defoliate right before flower, and after the stretch. But your doing great man I’m subbed for nugs.:passitleft:

I did defoliate right before flower and they grew a ton of new leaves during the stretch. I was afraid to do any high stress activities once they started flower. Yeah, I cut my posting back because I started talking to myself mostly, and then I went on vacation lol. I read other posts everyday, so I am still here. I will look at the two items you recommended to see the trichomes. Thanks for reading through the journal!

I will make a new journal next. I am going to grow two varieties of auto flowers next. :)

Sry for being away
Garden looks awesome, great job.
A loup is good enough, and also the trick.. When you think they look ready, wait 2 more weeks

I know I still have a ways to go. The seed bank said one plant should flower 8-10 weeks and the other at 9-11 weeks. Only one bud has two pistils that have turned golden, it is in my above photos. I ordered a 60-120 loupe on amazon for $12.00 They have stopped stretching at this point. Now I am waiting on the buds to get fat. :)

Back
Top Bottom