My intro and gift: an antique RSO recipe

mysticserpent

420 Member
Hello, 420 friendly peeps:

I am a mystic teacher in my late 50s, living on the wet west coast of Canada with my hub and the world's cutest dog. :) Weed is legal here, helps reduce my chronic pain, ADHD and some cPTSD symptoms. Weed + 80% tobacco hand rolled is usual meds, nicotine helps ADD brain focus. A long holder cools the smoke and precipitates most of the tar. Weed by itself is too harsh for my throat and the same for vape, too drying.

Lately I am using MOTA CBD sour squares because they are cost effective at about $1. per 20mg CBD. I bite them in half and let them dissolve in my mouth. A drop of RSO at night helps my sleep, and I am hoping it will shrink cantaloupe-sized uterine fibroids. Anybody have experience with that? Hard to tell if it is working, they do seem smaller but I have been fooled before. They are debilitating so I am motivated to continue.

Not much experience growing, my last plants were a few years ago. (Blue Dank) Sad story, you may cry. Started them indoors late winter, moved them outside in mid summer. Somehow missed the photo-period. By Nov in the greenhouse they had buds but also cotton ball sized mold. I lost about 1/3 of the crop. Brought the two plants inside, forgot to put a fan on them and wow spider mites. Put them back outside in the cold wind to freeze the mites off. I ended up washing the buds in the sink and putting them in the food dehydrator to be sure they would dry out and not go moldy. Been shopping online since legalization.

My success rate with clones is 3/120 due to mold issues but its been years since I tried. Four plants is the legal limit, making clones kind of useless. I have been collecting seeds.

I put six seeds into the wet paper towel yesterday, four plants are allowed but three were bag seeds that might not germinate or be the right gender. The other three are: one feminized White Widow from crop king seeds, one each of Auto & feminized Amnesia and AK. They will go into air pots and compost, outside. I buy small whole frozen fish like smelts to bury near the bottom of the pot, along with some bones. Fish makes awesome fertilizer. I met a lady up the coast years ago, who buries huge starfish in her garden and her veg grow massive. It is late in the season to get started but I am trusting to the auto to get them ready before the frost.

Finally, a gift to the community: This is a photo-scan of the recipe for medicinal cannabis oil tincture from the book: "British Pharmacopeia" published in 1914. It is an antique pharmacists manual. I am sure the process will look familiar to anyone who has made their own RSO.
Copy it, use it as you like in your battle for legalization, or frame it on the wall to show the haters. ;) Green boxes and date added by me. Contact me if you want the scan before I touched it up. (Old paper gets dark.)

indicatincture1914aa.png

Welcome Misticserpent to 420 Magazine
Nice introduction and appreciate the recipe . Plenty here making RSO , I like making rosin capsules . The relaxing one is the white widow which I did the most till I grew a dosidos (it’s the knock out) . The most healing to me for a daytime smoke is the Acapulco Gold, light buzz and uplifting.
I won’t tell if all 6 sprout , the more the merrier.
Thanks again for the 1914 RSO recipe.

Welcome Misticserpent to 420 Magazine
Nice introduction and appreciate the recipe . Plenty here making RSO , I like making rosin capsules . The relaxing one is the white widow which I did the most till I grew a dosidos (it’s the knock out) . The most healing to me for a daytime smoke is the Acapulco Gold, light buzz and uplifting.
I won’t tell if all 6 sprout , the more the merrier.
Thanks again for the 1914 RSO recipe.

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Taking something different for night and day is kind of a new idea for me. With smoking, I know if I need to drive just wait 3-4 hours, and so I used to avoid edibles... plus edibles tend to make me a bit stupid and clumsy.

Even so, my cannabutter shortbread is awesome. Reserved for a late night or a lazy day. The family recipe is flour, icing sugar and unsalted butter, with a drop of vanilla extract. Rolled into balls and squished with a fork on parchment, cooked at lower temps so the sugar doesn't burn. I substitute corn flour for wheat.

CBD gummies are a game changer, instead of just swapping the hyper obsessive dysregulation for some joy and apathy, it actually restores some executive function, at least as well as when I was prescribed dexedrine but without the side effects that made me abandon it.

I have leaned towards hybrids seeking calm and creativity without couch lock. RS recommends white widow in one of the videos. I have been buying RSO from an online dispensary but sunshine is free, I have the seeds and plant pots full of compost I did not get around to seeding with vegetables, so I am going to give it another shot.

I don't expect a beautiful gallery like yours though! Well done. :)

nice intro.

1914 - pre US manufactured weed paranoia and in the middle of a hell on earth war - so who cares .. consume as much indian hemp rso as you can make :cheesygrinsmiley:

Wow, that's some introduction @mysticserpent

All pun aside, your recipes are a nice plus, like a Mister B. Crocker. Just kidding. :rofl:

If you would like to increase your odds for a better grow, start a grow journal so we can follow along and help you succeed if you run into a problem. Here's the link.

And after you get over 50 post you can join or vote on contest to win free grow stuff. Link.

I see you have a way with words, so 50 post should not be a problem. :reading420magazine:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

nice intro.

1914 - pre US manufactured weed paranoia and in the middle of a hell on earth war - so who cares .. consume as much indian hemp rso as you can make :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank you.
Yes. The recipe has a lovely innocence about it, like the name confusion: the title says Cannabis Indica and Indian Hemp, but the recipe calls for cannabis sativa... and the pencil note, "narcotic."

Wow, that's some introduction...
If you would like to increase your odds for a better grow, start a grow journal ...
I see you have a way with words, so 50 post should not be a problem. :reading420magazine:

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Mistress, not Mister. :) Recipes are fun!

I do tend to be wordy. Would be useless on twitter. I wrote several pages of thoughts and questions then selected a few paragraphs to actually post.

This forum is set up a bit differently, still finding my way. I expected the username would be different than a display name for one... so, not quite as anonymous as I would like, will limit my activity some.

Weed is legal but making concentrates was ... might still be a grey area, worry of people blowing up their homes. I have never photographed my plants, photos on phones can cause issues when crossing international borders. The proliferation of grow advice sites since California legalized meant I could usually find answers, or bring in a leaf and ask the cool guys at the hydro store. Thank you for the invitation.

I am a very casual grower. At this point, legalization has brought prices down so some online dispensaries are selling budget weed for medical use at about 1/3 of what I used to pay my green guy and so many varieties to choose from. One has kief for the same price as their AAAA weed, and about 14 varieties. 'Kid in a candy store' feeling, so different from days gone by, when oil from dirtweed of unknown origins, was all you could get in my home town.

I have questions, but I am not sure if it is better to respond to an old thread or start a new one. When I go to post, there are all these suggestions that make me wonder if new threads are unwelcome but I accidentally responded to an old thread and someone posted to embarrass me with a reminder that it is old. :?

I found this forum while trying to find directions for the steamer rack that came with my vevor distiller. Distiller just says "A steaming rack is included to prevent vinasse from adhering on the bottom." Great, I would prefer my RSO to not stick on the bottom either, how do I use it? I have seen plenty of comments on how hard it is to clean the distillers. Searching 'distiller' led to so many posts it would take days to read, same with 'solvent recovery'. I dunno what thread to choose, to add my question. Search on 'steamer rack' gave nada. 'Steamer' sent me to some unrelated posts about capturing terpenes.

May as well ask here?

If it works like other steamers, then I put the rack in the distiller, add enough water to cover it, put my quart mason jar (hub suggests a coffee can) of everclear on the rack and turn the distiller down to the alcohol setting. Water warms up but alcohol evaporates. Distiller stays clean, RSO is neatly contained in the mason jar. Is it right? Would a coffee can be a problem if the metal touches the sides? It is made for indoor use but I will run it outside anyway.

It is just unbelievable to me that no-one else thought of using a second container inside the distiller? With so many creative minds experimenting? I hope someone has done it and can advise me.

Thanks for the friendly response!

Welcome aboard. I had to quit smoking due to asthma, and had to switch to vaping permanently and I had the same problem at first with it being too dry. What worked for me was using a bong and a water pipe adapter. And that 80% tobacco joint just took me back to nostalgic high school times where we rolled spliffs after school on our walk home. Thanks for the rso recipe, I'm currently on a rosin pressing kick, but I'll give it a try

Hey Mystic, welcome aboard. Great write up! Posting onto a old thread is totally cool - we often just tell people about it so they recognize that person has left or the plant in question is 10 years old and is long gone. I’m pretty sure they were not trying to make fun of you.…

not sure if this helps as far as the steamer - I have an Insta-pot which is just a slow cooker and not a distiller but you should be able to insert a small glass container inside provided it fits and the jar itself has no lid attached to build pressure. Metal touching the sides hmmm that has the potential to create a bomb (under the right or wrong conditions) such as if the metal expands and creates a seal inside your cooker or steamer. I feel as if I’m not explaining this very well

anyway thanks for the RSO recipe from way back in time!!! settle in and make yourself at home, ditto toss down a journal so someone here can help keep an eye on your garden.

btws, we are so alike but I use 20% weed mixed with 80% marijuana

peace out!

Back
Top Bottom