Mystery bud

Might want to Google “white buds on cannabis”. It really doesn’t look like light burn to me, there is a mutation where the buds turn white from an overload of terpenes and Trichomes. It’s a good thing, as long as you can rule out light burn.

Google LED light bleach cannabis, and you will see that what he got isn's a mutation.

Light Bleached Cannabis Buds Sometimes Turn White
Light bleaching is most common with high-power LEDs and HPS grow lights because these can be brighter than the sun. Basically, bud bleaching is what happens when buds get too much light, kinda like how hair can get bleached if you spend plenty of time in the sun.

I'm really curious what that albino bud looks like after curing, @kosio bosio . A golden color maybe?
The light Bleaching basically degrades the thc and or cbd completely. Bleached Buds are ruined. Place your LED light at 18-20 inches during flowering...

Hey RG, that's a sight! Can't tell you what though. Some buds do funny things, it's called something I can't remember. I had a couple do this
full

Is yours getting to look anything like it?
Not sure if this is from polyploidism, fasciation, or whorled phyllotaxy.

I’m not a botanist but it looks like accelerated growth of trichomes can’t see any leaf burn at all. Here’s a photo after sugar leaves are gone.
E5722819-5513-4A5F-BC51-4647970B3132.jpeg

9AF93FE5-ABD9-49E5-85F5-E49DC6B451A6.jpeg

2AE78DA8-CEC4-4155-9734-FE0E1F8F70B4.jpeg

5840C538-0C93-4D00-BE43-768FC2C32EEF.jpeg
That bud looks to be foxtailing, as well as the very tip is a sure sign of Light Bleaching. If it was accelerated trichomes then they would be covering all the bud light that. Classic light bleach being it's only on the very top tip! It may look cool, but it is not at all desirable. Raise your lights 4-6 inches and it shouldn't happen to any other bud tips. Hope that helps :bongrip::peace:

Thanks Kindly for all the suggestions !!! from that did some research, and I come up with a conclusion that it was light burn , had the led just to close , but one other thing , I am doing is a sprague ,
So when one gets a few inches above the rest , I bend the lead one over so the others catch up ,at that time I’m guessing that I could be cutting the water and nutrients to the lead branch off causing the burn also 🤔 has anyone ran across this ?

Thanks Kindly for all the suggestions !!! from that did some research, and I come up with a conclusion that it was light burn , had the led just to close , but one other thing , I am doing is a sprague ,
So when one gets a few inches above the rest , I bend the lead one over so the others catch up ,at that time I’m guessing that I could be cutting the water and nutrients to the lead branch off causing the burn also 🤔 has anyone ran across this ?
100% light bleaching. And nah...not cutting off anything. The plant just takes energy to "repair" it's self. I do this alot if I dont want to necessarily supercrop. Ive noticed that the bleaching occurs more under uv supplemented lights. So maybe that particular bud was close to a far red diode or uv producing diode. Either way...definitely just from the lights.

100% light bleaching. And nah...not cutting off anything. The plant just takes energy to "repair" it's self. I do this alot if I dont want to necessarily supercrop. Ive noticed that the bleaching occurs more under uv supplemented lights. So maybe that particular bud was close to a far red diode or uv producing diode. Either way...definitely just from the lights.
I’d go UV. Even the light manufacturers I’m talking to love showing off their 3 spectrum dimmable (Full, Red and UV) the engineers made it. Slick. Purple aluminium. Sales people said “Yeah, sure you want the UV?”

Mine mostly all good literally touching with Full and Red. They just pop past.

Nick

I’d go UV. Even the light manufacturers I’m talking to love showing off their 3 spectrum dimmable (Full, Red and UV) the engineers made it. Slick. Purple aluminium. Sales people said “Yeah, sure you want the UV?”

Mine mostly all good literally touching with Full and Red. They just pop past.

Nick
Yes, I do have an adjustment for all three red white and blue in flower I run 80% red , 60% blue , 90% white , U/V at 12 hr , next go around go to cut back on red to 75% , 60%, blue, 90% white see what happens and stay at least 12 to 13 inches away from the top leading branch

I would also suggest not to run the uv more than 2-3 hours per day
Personally after 3 weeks from seed I don’t see rhe purpose. The light people - these are Shenzhen Engineers, sales people and factory management say “after seedling very careful, maybe can help have mould when drying but not need after seedlings”

I use a T5 with some UV for seedlings like a $2 thing. But then I wouldn’t want in any proper light, for Veg or flowed, the full spectrum should be giving you enough in the close to UV range (but visible)

Nick

Back
Top Bottom