New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

O.K. question for all you experts out there. We just finished trimming up the 2 1/2 plants and to our great suprise, one the lowest small buds at the bottom of the two tatanka's (three buds)were seeds??? The males were all removed at very first signs of malehood and we never noticed any flowers or "bananas" although they must have been sneaky. Soo, are these seeds feminized??? Seeing that a hermie must have done the deed on the sly..

Thanks for your help Ms. Fox

Here are the last of the Indica/Sativa mix free seeds freshly cut.
100_1576_00a.jpg

100_1586_00a.jpg

100_1587_00a.jpg

100_1591a.jpg

100_1595_00a.jpg

100_1597a.jpg

And here are some more bud pictures of the tatanka curing up nicely, weight isn't done yet maybe in a couple of days...

100_1604a.jpg

100_1612_00a.jpg

100_1614_00a.jpg

100_1625_00a.jpg

Awsome grow dude :) I noticed what looked like another light in your cloning chamber along with what the CoolCab comes with. Is the light that it comes with sufficient for clones because it is placed on the side? I thought it should have been placed on top instead of the side for better light distribution but maybe it doesn't matter for clones. Also I liked what you did with the netpots and reservoirs in the cloning chamber. Can you supply a little detail on that setup as well ? Are those fed by hand or are they hooked up to the rest of the system ? Thanks in advance Dweeden420 :) I look forward to your next grow !!

Well StarDuster, it's dudette but that's cool. (My 16 year old tells me that saying cool isn't cool) As for the lights in the cloning chamber the already installed light is in the back rear wall of the cabinet mounted near the top. DJB (that's hubby) didn't feel that this light was sufficient so we purchased an additional grow light at Lowes placed it on the top near the front. The mini bubble reservoirs are 2 small storage totes with holesaw holes drilled by DJB and airstones in the bottom of both. The airstones required the purchase of an air pump and air hose. DJB did hand feed from the top every 2 days or so. He also put a low dose of nutes in the reservoirs. The roots were beautiful when they were moved on Sunday. Do you have this cabinet?

Sorry Dudette Ooops :smokin: Thanks for the quick reply. No I don't have that cabinet but was admiring yours very much. It looks preety awesome. I was thinking about building something similar. I appreciate the information and look forward to seeing yours and DJB's next grow :thanks:

Dweeden420, I've been following your grow with great interest because I'm also looking into getting a Cool Cab when I move here in a few weeks, hopefully. I must say that I'm extremely impressed with the grow thus far and hope that I will have such luck with it. Just wanted to say "thanks" and keep going because I've enjoyed following this grow and look forward to more. I may have some questions for you regarding the Cool Cab, etc. and would greatly appreciate any info/insight you're willing to share. I am kinda concerned about the odor/smell and also the noise level of the Cool Cab. I would have it in a back room with the door closed and wonder if you think that the filter and ozone generator are sufficiant odor repelents/suppressors. Thanks again for this detailed and informative grow.

Oh yeah, and + rep too

Thank you pan4 I think you are doing a great job. The hydro grow is definitely different from what we are used too. Is has always been grow once a year outside and hope for the best.

Shootamonkey, if you look through our grow, you will see that we have made several modifications to the cabinet. Once we put the carbon filter with the ozone generator, it seemed to restrict the air flow therefore it increased the temperature in the cabinet. First we left the doors cracked, big smelly mistake. To try and better rectify this situation we purchased a more powerful exhaust fan, but the temps were still higher than we wanted, the smell wasn't bad though. We finally direct vented under our house and remove the heat and smell. (We are on a enclosed slab so where the smell goes, it stays) As for the noise. We call it the UFO, I really thought is was going to be quite. It's not. You have two intake fans at the bottom, a exhaust fan in the middle, the inline fan for the light, the water pump, and the air pump (which we also replaced because it was cheap and loud) I can honestly say that our setup is in our bedroom and you cant hear it from outside the room or aka the den of secrets.

Thanks DJBweeden420 (or maybe Dweeden incognito, lol), I won't be able to vent to the outside, but I may be able to rig something up. I had noticed those changes/alterations (and was suprised to find that there was a "light leak" coming from the cloning shelf) that had been done prior to my posting and suppose that I'll be spending more $ and time/effort to "fix" the brand new unit, lol. If the smell isn't that noticable then I should be able to tae precatios to mask the noise(s). Again, thanks to both of you for this grow post and look forward to see what comes next.

Starduster, we keep the water just about 1" from bottom of net pots....

Final Stats:

5 Female plants 3 being Tatanka (white widow and big bud) 2 being mixed Indica/Sativa mix free seeds.

Fox farm nutes and cha ching CO2 boost Cool Cabinet Fogger, DWC, drip, bubblers, hydrogen peroxide

3 Tatanka's final weight 42 grams

2 Indica/Sativa Mix 28 grams

Oh yea, great smoke...

Back
Top Bottom