The Den of Secrets Hydro Grow 3rd Go Round

Yeah I used the same thing to line mine its in the insulatoin isle at home depot and it is basically heavy duty bubble wrap with a reflective material on both sides.

Hey Dweeden,

Did you find an easy way to drain your reservoir? I am thinking about putting a separate submersble pump in mine with a large hose then turning it on only when I want to drain the tank. How do you do drain yours when you want to flush or change nutes?

Thanks in advance,

Dizzy

DizzyLizzy, DJB uses a shop vac to empty the reservoir. Empties 16 gal. of water in 30 - 60 seconds. Thanks a bunch Harry. We started the secret garden outside and we took 5 Red diesel clones and 3 tatankas outside on Memorial Day. Unfortunately neither of us are much on news or newspapers sooo, the ladies got a bit cold, like frost cold. The diesels look sad and we are praying for them and the tatankas seem untouched. We also have some Mandala Satori and Hashberry that haven't showed their sex yet. Anyone one else out there have any thoughts on the Mandala seeds. We germinated 10 seeds and only 6 cracked, we gave 5 away and only 3 of those cracked. We germinated exactly like Mandala said and our buddy used wet paper towels. The seeds are cheap and all, but not when only 1/2 germinate.

Smoke report and pictures later - ladies or guys with ladies go buy some power skunk from G13.

Here are the latest on the curing buds.. By the way pitviper that is a cool setup for sucking water.

100_3071a.jpg

100_3068a.jpg

100_3063a.jpg

100_3096a.jpg

100_3074a.jpg

100_3073a.jpg

100_3085a.jpg

100_3084a.jpg

100E3093a.jpg

100E3091a.jpg

Smoke report...Ok, I have a cousin who was in a hunting accident 7 years ago who is a heavy mj user. Although mj for medical reasons isn't legal in my area of world, I shared some with him. Lets use his smoke report. The Californian Skunk and the Power Skunk worked well for him but he said the "one with red hairs wasn't so great" - that one was the red diesel. DJB likes it all. My fav is the power skunk because it makes me very receptive to DJB and his advances. Ha Ha Ha.

Hey Dweeden,

Thanks for sharing with us. I am trying to build a grow closet patterned after your grow cab. I noticed in some of the pictures there is a white component on the right sidewall near the light exhaust duct, (see page ten - post 137 - first picture), the component on the far right wall that is white and has a rounded top (it kind of looks like a dixie cup dispenser) - What is it and what does it do?

Thanks for your help!!

Dizzzy

Dweeden420,
I also have the CC from SLS. This is my first grow and I must say it's not going very well. I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Do you think the system overwaters the plants? Is it even possible to over water with this system? Do you use the TDS meter they gave with the unit to measure your nutes? Also when you say 35% Hydro peroxide you mean take the total volume of the res and add 35% hydro peroxide? Ijn other words 10 gallons water 3.5 gallons hydro peroxoide. Any help from you or anyone else is welcome and needed. Thanks.

Well, hydroponics in itself is "over watering" the plants. With this system, you need to watch your nutes, temps and ph constantly. We did use the tds meter that came with the system. 35% hydrogen peroxide is a type of hydrogen peroxide that you buy. aka food grade hydrogen peroxide. The stuff you buy in the drug store is 3%.

I can't thank you enough for the quick response. Ok so I'll continue to use the TDS meter from SLS. I just wasn't sure if there was a better option. Money is no real issue here. In fact I've already bought a fancy pants PH tester that sux. Live and learn. So if my PH is 4 which it is how much PH up do you put in or is it kind of a test and go method? Same question for nutes if you want 1600 ppm for nutes is it just a matter of adding nutes and testing till you get the proper balance? I apologize for the bombardment of questions this is all very new and confusing. I mean I've read the Jorge Cervantes growers bible cover to cover twice along with Logan Edwards book not to mention Hightimes ready set grow videos 1 and 2 and I'm still having problems. I guess it's just hard for someone like me to accept that the system is so trial and error. BTW I've added the CO2 booster as well as the top floresent light like your hubby already. I may just throw out what I have and start fresh. Maybe if I posted you some pics you could tell me if they are worth saving? If there is anyway I can repay you via some forum approved method IE seeds, credits etc.. I'd be happy to do so. If offering breaks a forum rule I apologize in advance

Those look great!!! I too am into the grow rooms. I have so many on paper that I have built in my head. LOL. It is amazing to look at them in the AM before dark and then come in around 8-9 in the evening and they have grown 3-4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom