New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

whoa hold the phones, ALCOHOL?? If you want to add oxygen use hydrogen peroxide! Water is H20, peroxide is H2O2; that means there is an extra oxygen molecule comapared to water, its that molecule that makes it bubble as oxygen is being released.

Isopropyl alcohol, peroxide doesnt matter....The main purpose I mentioned Isopropyl was for bacterial cleaning.

I would say yes...its not mandatory....But it helps by increasing the amount of o2 in the water, it also kills bacteria and basically sterilizes the water....Excellent preventative against root rot....Just add a cap full of Isopropyl into your res, and adjust PH after if needed.......We dont want those nice healthy roots to get sick.

+reps for good luck.

perhaps i misunderstood. lol

Throughly frustrated!!!

I quess I need to know if what we are doing is correct, my husband went into a hydroponics store today, and the quy running the place told him everyting we were doing was wrong. Here it is: We have a 66 qt. res. filled to just about 3" from the top. We also have the drip from the top and the utlrasonic fogger underneath. We check the water level and the ppm's and the ph daily. We add water and nutes as needed and the ph really isn't an issue right now. I have read many articles and forum threads and decided on one that said changing the reservoir wasn't as simple as every 10-14 days but rather you keep track of the water you have put in and change reservoir when the water you have replaced reaches the same as what it holds.
We are also keeping the nutrients between 1120-1260. The hydro store guy said that you change your water every 7 days and you only add nutes with the new change...Help??? The plants seem to be loving what we are doing the biggest plants are 10" and the rest around 8" in just over 2 weeks.

Throughly frustrated!!!
I have read many articles and forum threads and decided on one that said changing the reservoir wasn't as simple as every 10-14 days but rather you keep track of the water you have put in and change reservoir when the water you have replaced reaches the same as what it holds.
We are also keeping the nutrients between 1120-1260. The hydro store guy said that you change your water every 7 days and you only add nutes with the new change...Help??? The plants seem to be loving what we are doing the biggest plants are 10" and the rest around 8" in just over 2 weeks.

thats pretty much what I do and would recommend to most, I've never used as high tech a unit as you have so I dont know about all the other specifics. Get the recommendation from the manufacturer if you can, for the water levels your unit works best at. I would think that as long as your topping off the res, keeping the ph where you want it and watching the ppm (which should slowly drift down as you top off, if not your getting a salt build-up), you will know when its time to change it. Any stink its time to change it, see a bunch of sediment in the bottom same thing.
If your plants are healthy dont change too much at one time.
good luck

Wow it's been about 7 days for mine and they look nothing like yours LOL. Good looking plants, so far so good. So did you change your water at the end of week 1? and they said during week one keep the ppm around 250. Did you do the same thing because mine are not growing as fast :(

Wow it's been about 7 days for mine and they look nothing like yours LOL. Good looking plants, so far so good. So did you change your water at the end of week 1? and they said during week one keep the ppm around 250. Did you do the same thing because mine are not growing as fast :(

We did a couple of things different than you. We first germinated the seeds before putting them into the cubes and we didn't use the moon dust. And no, we didn't change the water the first week. We changed the water last night and what a pain in the ass. We also switched to 12/12 on the lighting. check out the pic's. I post in a little while.

Question for you...are you having any temperature problems??? because we may be...the cabinet is around 88 degrees with the hps bulb and was around 80-84 with the mh??? Do you or does anyone else have suggestions on bringing the temp down???

Here are the kids, first set taken on 11/24/2008 and they have been in the cabinet since 11/8/08 making it 2 weeks and 2 days:

100_09081.jpg

100_09101.jpg

100_09135.jpg

The following pictures were taken on 11/25/2008 - one day different from the ones above

100_09163.jpg

100_09172.jpg

100_09184.jpg

11-25-08_6-30am.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

does your fan run through a thermostadt? If so maybe turn it down a little so the fan comes on a little earlier (lower temp), this may be all you need to get those few degrees under control. CO2 enrichment was originally developed to provide a way to grow in environments which are hotter than the plants prefer, it keeps the stomata open so the plant can "sweat". CO2 is far from inexpensive though. Do you have an intake fan (blowing into the cab)? that could help. The easiest way I can think of, and one that I use, is to open the window in the room to cool the temps of the entire room, thus cooling the cab. Be cautious of light leaks though even if your legal, scumballs may see it witch could be dangerous. Where I am is in the 50's for highs and higher 30's for the lows right now, my room stays around 71 with a 400hps and a 1000hps. Another option is to air cool the light, if your hood has a place to hook the fan to you could draw the air from the light out, befor it really enters the cab.

But damn look at those suckers grow!!! I should be gettin help from you and your hubby!! Keep it up, theyre lookin like theyre happy.
lmao at the res change, its always a pain in the butt. Wait till you do a fresh change then realize the next day its too strong. You gotta drain it, flush it, drain it, then add a new batch of nutrients. lol THAT sucks!! Just spent 2 days doing that:thedoubletake:

Good luck and happy turkey day

Yeah I wanted to do the paper towel method but I decided to just put them in the plugs. I wanted to use either Dutch Nutrient Formula or Optimum.

I decided to change to water this morning because it was building up algae on the bottom because of all those days it was exposed to the light before I blocked it out. And yes it was a pain in the ass! So there is a solution. Get yourself a drill powered fluid transfer kit. You would stick the hose in the hole that you stuffed the zip lock bag in. Then you use an electric drill to operate the syphon and it pumps the water out and also fills it back up. So you don't have to remove the reservoir.

I don't have any temp issues, sunlight sheds say 87 is optimal. Like Fly said somehow lower the temp of the room it's in and plug in the intake fans. Now when the light is off and the temps get to low in the cab you can put a space heater right next to the lower intake fan.

I hope that helped :bong:

:yummy:

Thanks for all the help from everyone...Just a little story, my hubby used to grow with a guy he was best friends with for 40 years. Unfortunately he was killed in a motorcycle accident in May of this past year. This guy just loved every aspect of the plant...from growing, to selling to smoking and it was something that my hubby and he shared all of their adult lives. We only dabbled a bit together with his hobby until this year. We live in upstate new york and the growing season is short and usually not real plentiful. This year we bought 2 clones for 15 a bean and planted them in the memory of his friend. These 2 plant yielded just under 2 full pounds of amazing smoke. Hubby believes that his friend was and is watching out for the green. Any and all success is given first to God and then to TT. Check it out Hubby lets call him DJB is 6 foot tall
100_0753_02.jpg

Could you post some pictures of your grow shed? I would like to build one and save some $ but I'm not sure how they built it, id like to see just how they did it. Thank you very much.:smokin:

That is just a beautiful plant, sorry to hear about your friend, I lost my best friend late last year in a motorcycle accident. :peace:

Have you thought about what you are doing with the cab plants. After looking at it I thought it might be good to LST them out away from the center. Those plants are so jammed in the middle. You could LST them all away from the middle and open that up to light, plus it would spread it out a bit allowing light to get to more of the plant areas.. Your grow is looking good, that cab is going to be a jungle.... :peace::ganjamon:

Doing a :roorrip: for our friends that are truely missed.

Back
Top Bottom