New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

"Tsuni Tatanka O wa chi na pichnielo"
I like the story of herstory.
The males will make some more room for the females as they will need more real soon.
Wow looks a little cold there for this Hawaiian, nice grow closet and set up.
Looking forward to seeing the little ones get all grown up.

I decided to change to water this morning because it was building up algae on the bottom because of all those days it was exposed to the light before I blocked it out. And yes it was a pain in the ass! So there is a solution. Get yourself a drill powered fluid transfer kit. You would stick the hose in the hole that you stuffed the zip lock bag in. Then you use an electric drill to operate the syphon and it pumps the water out and also fills it back up. So you don't have to remove the reservoir.

Seriously, a drill powered siphon? That's gotta be one of the coolest things i've heard of... I have to get one, because yea changing the water in the res SUCKS!!

dweeder, i'm only halfway through reading this thread, and i am blown away! Looks like a freaking jungle! Great job.

Well tonight was a sad night, we found 5 more male plants see:

100_10132.jpg

100_1022a.jpg

DJB cut the roots off before I could capture them on film.

Atleast their's a little breathing room for the rest

100_1019a.jpg

Hello,
its a bummer about all the males your getting,i like your set-up!
How tall do you want them to be?cause its a tall cabnet...

Thanks for your sharing:clap:

Hello,
its a bummer about all the males your getting,i like your set-up!
How tall do you want them to be?cause its a tall cabnet...

Yea, getting rid of beautiful plants really does suck, but it is making much needed room for the rest. We switched the lights with the largest plants being about 12" so we are hoping to keep the rest at about 36"-40" at maturity.

As far as Sea of Green method, I don't think that's what was planned. We didn't use feminized seeds so we filled all the holes and are hoping for 50% females. We actually discussed topping or LSTing the 2 large confirmed females which are both Tatanka.

WOW very nice density on the nodes. They are gunna produce nice buds. Great work thus far, so did you change to an HPS from the MH bulb or what?

dang, i missed a few days and all the sudden there is a forest to look at!! love that. Bummer about the males, but sounds like you planned for it and have things under control. Well done
FFR thanks, yea the males are a bummer hopefully we found our last one last night that makes 7

WOW very nice density on the nodes. They are gunna produce nice buds. Great work thus far, so did you change to an HPS from the MH bulb or what?

Dr 215 we changed the to HPS 11 days ago.

Oh, nice.

"Ok so now I'm addicted."

Is'nt it..i find myself reading about it at the books stores.....now thats addicted...lol

your grows looking good,keep up the great work!!
Im stuck between soil and hydro now what to do what to do

Thanks Bee, I'm having a bunch of fun too. It's day 33 (wow it's gone quickly)

We have 3 comfirmed females and 4 unknowns. DBJ has tied the large Tatanka Females Far Right back and Far left front. They are nice. We have also backed off on the nutes a bit. Around 1000 ppm. Big Bloom, Grow big and Open Sesame. We seem to have had something screwy happen on our last reservoir change. Some of the leaves got rust colored spots and got kinda hard. I'm not sure if it was because of the ph or the nutes themselves. So we did another reservoir change of Sunday using distilled water and bringing the nutes down a little. New growth looks good.
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

100_1067a.jpg

100_1073a.jpg

100_1075a.jpg

100_1079a.jpg

100_1085a.jpg

100_1083a.jpg

Coming along nicely. Great job thus far.

Back
Top Bottom