New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

I decided to change to water this morning because it was building up algae on the bottom because of all those days it was exposed to the light before I blocked it out. And yes it was a pain in the ass! So there is a solution. Get yourself a drill powered fluid transfer kit. You would stick the hose in the hole that you stuffed the zip lock bag in. Then you use an electric drill to operate the syphon and it pumps the water out and also fills it back up. So you don't have to remove the reservoir.

Why not just use a hydro pump? Or any kind of inline or submersible and pump the water out this way?

DAY 36 Thanks BEE,Dr. 215, Alientic, Jay, McBudz, Cherma and four20friend and everyone else for all of the support and positive words, you guys are great. DBJ and I have been very fortunate up to this point with our success. To be honest DBJ (hubby) does most of the grunt work and I get to "grab the glory" with the online thing. He checks the levels and replentishes daily while I gather info and take lots of pictures and keep this journal along with a hand written one. (He smokes more of the weed too) I do help with the water changes. YUK!!! 4 confirmed females and still 3 unknowns.

100_1092a.jpg

100_1100a.jpg

100_1099a.jpg

100_1098a.jpg

100_1090a.jpg

100_1087a.jpg

Nice nice nice, i like what i seeeee. You guys are really doing well for your first every hydro try.

OMG!!!! That looks so beautiful! :) Great grow you've got going there. :)
If you change that icky water that deserves half the glory.IMO
you rock girl! :tommy:

Very very nice!! Thanks for the pics of the cab Im going to order a cool cab in the next few days, do you have any complaints with it and did you get the Co2 (is the Co2 worth the extra 150)?
Again thanks for all your help.

:bong:

Rock, this is the post I made on Alientics Grow Journal about the cool cab - he has one too...

Alientic, I would also like to let you know about a few changes we have made with our Cool Cab. I know that SLS said the temps should be up to 87 degrees but from the beginning, the high temps concerned DJB and I so we: added another duct fan to pull the air from the light tube on the opposite side. We also purchased a larger exhaust fan to pull the air and as of late we have direct ducted to exhaust outside (we are on a slab so the exhaust goes under our home), no noticeable smells at this time, if it becomes a problem, we will try putting the cabon filter at the end of the exhaust hose. I don't want to complain about SLS because of the great results we are having, but I don't want anyone to think that you can actually turn the key and bamm, it does all the work. Before exhausting to outside, we left the doors cracked to control the heat and what a smell, having a few teens around we have to be very, very careful. Honestly in my lack of knowledge I truely believed that the cabinet would look like any other cabinet in your home. LOL !!! I call it the spaceship. I have contacted the company and told them that I believe their product have great potential, but that I feel that they have skimped on some key components of the cabinet. We also have been using the CO2 boost from very early on. You can purchase it a bit cheaper on e-bay.

Determining plant sex

Yes you dispose of the males unless you want their pollen for breeding. They do not grow buds. Some people make cannabudder with them but they do not contain much THC.

How do you tell which is male and female and what use is the male do you dispose it? Thanks

Thanks a bunch Ms. Fox - hoping to be somewhat as successful as you..awesome grow.

Rock, make sure to check for any damages before excepting shipment

McBudz thanks for answering the male/female thing

four20friend
looking good. Wow. those roots...you have to love DWC.

Yea, the water is about 3" from the top of the lid and we also have an:

ULTRASONIC FOGGER that
"turns your water and your nutrients in 15-20 micron water droplets that are rapidly absorbed through the roots. The smaller water/nutrient particles also allow for better oxygen exchange for the root structure. This item alone can increase root structure by up to 40%!!" so says SLS
The 2-6 males that we eliminated had massive root systems on them, but to get them out of the the net pots my hubby cut of the roots before I could take pictures.

4 confirmed females and still 3 unknowns.
Males haha serve little purpose other than donating pollen when needed. I have grown several Males and use their Pollen to selectively breed as the year or each crop goes along. Storing the pollen after shaking the pollen dust into plastic sealable containers, and making sure it is as dry and stabilized as possible, before putting it in a dark dry location sealed up. I do not use the fridge or freezer for this, as it has ruined or spoiled the pollen in previous attempts to store it. I use a small paint ( Model Car) brush to apply it when selective brreding comes about. I really appreciate your efforts and sharing with us all, as your journey moves forward. Mahalo.

where did you pick up the ULTRASONIC FOGGER and about how much do they go for?I have seen some in the 40$ range but figured they were not for hydro uses or would clog. does yours ever clog?. I run a hot mix towards the end.do they have to be a certain height below or next to the water line or can you just drop them in the rez?. you running an air intake line just for the fogger?

The ultrasonic fogger came with the setup but you can buy the same one at a pet supply. The one I have sits in a "floaty thing" so the water level doesn't matter much, we keep our water level about 3" from the top, hasn't clogged yet. No air on the fogger just electricity. Also we run an air stone in the bottom of the reservoir and regularly use hydrogen peroxide.

Back
Top Bottom