New Beginner Hydroponic Cool Cab Grow 2008

Thanks Dweeder, i took out the two filters in the intake fans and now im getting more air coming in, that helped with the temp problem.

Its day something and we've been flowering for a few weeks...actually this all started with germination on November 4 and we changed the lights to 12/12 on November 26th so.... ph is adjusted to right around 6.0 everyday it seems to slide down to 5 or under daily??? nutes are around 1500 FF temps are around 79-82 ish...Leaves prefer a shade of yellow rather than green, buds look good we think....we still have our fingers crossed and are open to any and all suggestions. Here's some pics...

100_1257a.jpg

100_1258a.jpg

100_1259a.jpg

100_1260a.jpg

100_1262a.jpg

100_1264a.jpg

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on the yellowing leaves, it really seems to be affecting one plant the worst

Nice looking budz. did you take clones? i closed one door with the top light on and light from the cloning chamber will leak during the dark cycle, will this be a problem for us?

Rock1, yet again SLS fell short on their overall design. There is a gap between the cloning chamber and the veg/flowering chamber that will affect the 12/12 phase if the light leaks in...DJB again, modified the cool cab design by eliminating the light leakage with mylar. He basically constructed a overlapping flap system from shelf to doors removing the leakage problem. I will post a pic in a little while.

Thank you, you two make a great team. Me and my wife have been watching your grow from the beginning and now we too have babies in our closet...lol..Thanks again Dweeder

Dope. Lookin' good. I've been using DWC for a couple of years and consistently don't even have to touch my pH Up bottle until I start using flowering nutes in the grow, and then its each day or every couple of days, just like what you are experiencing, perhaps due to the plants use of each particular nutrient while blooming, combined with the content of flowering nutes. Lately I've been using grow nutes higher in Nitrogen, (Growbig) thru the third week of flowering to combat the stretch and then switch to my Tbloom and Open Sesame and so on from there. I've noticed less of a yellowing issue later in the game, as a result on MOST of my plants, but still some yellowing for a minority of them.

I know that you'll figure out the perfect combo to keep your plants the way you want 'em for the entire time at some point, but this yellowing is something to address, not something that should alarm you. I've seen and smoked many a finished, otherwise healthy plant with completely yellowed leaves from more experienced growers than myself.

Here are the pic's that I promised of the cabinet....I think that if you bought some velcro with tape backed sides, you could take the extra piece of mylar that came with the cabinet and just enclose the clone chamber if you don't like what we have done.

First:

DIESEL our new puppy
006a.jpg

CLONE CHAMBER

002a.jpg

CLONE CHAMBER RIGHT SIDE

003a.jpg

CLONE CHAMBER LEFT SIDE

005a.jpg

DJB's feeling a little left out of the on line thing but he's awesome and a great friend and partner.

I originally posted this under the hydroponic section this morning without any suggestions so I'm hoping my expert buds with give me a hand. Pleasssse...

Need suggestions for hydro clones...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hubby and I started an indoor hydro cool cab grow in early november, we took clones from the best plants just about 2 weeks ago. All show signs of roots as of 2 days ago. They are currently in a clone dome but and we are wondering the best way to keep these babies healthy for about 4 more weeks. The clone chamber is 36"X18"X12"H. I was thinking of maybe cutting out half of the plastic clone tray and placing hydroton in there and setting the clones in the nets pots and watering them that way??? Or maybe floating them on rockwool in a tray or maybe even purchasing a 16.5"X13"X7" hydroponic setup to stick in there for the time being....Need some expert advice. We only have 12" in height to work with.

Happy New Year all....May your plants stay health and bowls stay full....This is week 8 and the 5th week of flowering. We are using FF nutes. DWC with drip and aeroponics...I just ordered stay green for the yellowing leaves and another suppliment for the water..Maybe we'll have to wait until the next grow to use it though, if it takes too long to get here..Here are some updated photos....

100_1267a.jpg

100_1270a.jpg

100_1283a.jpg

100_1284a.jpg

100_1285a.jpg

100_1292a.jpg

100_1293a.jpg

100_1297a.jpg

Ohhh and the ladies are starting to smell wonderful

I
just ordered stay green for the yellowing leaves and another suppliment for the water..Maybe we'll have to wait until the next grow to use it though, if it takes too long to get here
Sweet & Beautful looking ladies. Yellowing leaves at times are a natural part of a plants " Death" or senescence. Personally I remove those especially at this late stage in flowering.
Plants, just like other forms of organisms, seem to have both unintended and programmed aging. Leaf senescence is the cause of autumn leaf color in deciduous trees.
I hope this helps.

Before I answer the question on how much...let me tell you that DJB said "too much"...I on the other hand I do not totally agree. We purchased the system for 1999.00 an additional 145.00 for the co2 boost and 365.00 for shipping. We have had to adjust and purchase several items to make the system "turn-key" but by no means can you just plug it in and go in the delivered condition. We have had temperature issues, odor issues and light leakage issues in both the main compartment and the cloning chamber. I think the cabinet has huge potential but has several less than optimal components. The plants seem not to have suffered too much from the whole learning curve. Keep in mind, that this system combined 3 hydro concepts: drip, dwc and with the fogger aeroponics...The plants seem to like it.

Hope this helps

~Well The Important Part Is You Feel It Was Worth It. Payed $5500 For The Cab In My Journal (Did Come With A Years Supply Of Nutes A Dryer Unit And Spare Parts) And I Feel It Was Worth It, Check It Out If Your Interested, The Link Is In My Signature~

Great grow dweeder for your first time growing you will be very very happy with your results. These ladies look so juicy i can smell them from here. Its been an awesome adventure to watch!

Finish strong!

Thank you Dr. 215 you have been very helpful and informative through this whole process, along with many other people willing to share their knowledge....3 months ago DBJ and I didn't really even know what hydroponics was. Today...we actually put together 2 shallow dwc bubble reservoirs for the "next generation" of the White Buffalo Tatanka and 4 Orange Skunk seedlings.

Buds are at day 59 days from seeds....beautiful

000_0089a.jpg

000_0090a.jpg

100_1303a.jpg

100_1313a.jpg

000_0091a.jpg

100_1306b.jpg

100_1307a.jpg

100_1309a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom