New Getup: First Grow Auto Lemon Haze Kannabia & Sticky Beast

I think I found the culprit, this is after a night of no oscillating fan, no extraction fan
I find they are less droopy than previous pictures.
IMG_2090.JPG

I don't think it's the water as I really only gave a tiny pour to both.

aha "Wind-burned leaves are often curved under and form “claws.” They can look like they're droopy from overwatering, underwatering, or possible a nitrogen toxicity"
So I'm putting the oscillating fan on a timer as well I had it running non-stop on slow speed, so now I'm going to opt for short bursts at the higher speed with long rest periods

Not that much difference today
IMG_2095.JPG

They've gained some height
IMG_2096.JPG

So I slightly adjusted some more..
IMG_2098.JPG

Don't know what else to do, wait I guess :)
Still haven't watered properly but I think some dry time with coupled with not wind gushing above them 24/7 is exactly what they needed as the leaves stand much happier now.. and now when you open the tent it smells a bit plant-y like a microclimate, a bit warm and humid compared to the rest of the room..when I completely open the tent flap humidity drops instantly or when I run the exhaust, but both happen on a daily basis so the air gets completely fresh as well but then it has 10 to 12 hours to rest and form a little climate, the little oscillating fan circulates the air in the tent and makes the plants move for 15 minutes an hour.

Currently the tent is controlled like this, although the right one a the moment serves no purpose as I run the exhaust manually at the moment, but I kinda want switches with temperature and humidity probes so I can automate depending on the season.. although at the moment not really necessary as I'm pretty hands on well most travel plans are a no-go at the moment.
IMG_2100.JPG

Euhm.. not sure popped them both in the same glass If I have to guess Left Sticky Right Lemon, as in is supposed to be Indica dominant and the other Sativa I'm just going by leave shape..
But if I go by colour and feel of the leaves I'd say the right one is sticky as I grew that this summer the left one feels alien to me.. but maybe because it's topped it's very different in feel & structure

The middles ones were sticky beast
IMG_1902.jpg

Nice, looks like 1 of the 2 has tighter internodes. If I had to guess from looks I'd probably guess the shorter plant with tighter internodes would be the plant with more indica dominance.

Looking good. :thumb:

Oooh nooo.. I guess they are both topped now.. when pulling my hand out I snagged the rope that pulled down on the main pulling it tighter and snapping it off.
I tried ducttape, I've taped many buds before with success but alas, the place it was cut was unfortunate if I cleared some more branches and leaves I've could have properly taped but I just tried a quick fix and the bud was hanging again this morning so I snipped it off. That's a shame as that was the big one.

I already thought this training was going too well, I usually don't, I might mainline with normal plants but that's easier as you can just cut.

Tried that training on my last grow.
I originally read about it from a old book for growing cannabis.
20201016_142641.jpg
As you can see, I didn't make it all the way around the pot either. I ran out of veg time @ the time when it was outdoors.
& Ended up topping it as well.

Aha! :) yeah it wasn't even during training I had just finished placing them and wanted to take a look from a bit further and in moving suddenly pull! snap! sigh.. with how small these plants are it hurts a bit, I've lost branches bigger than anything I'll be growing in this tent to storms but this hurts different :)
Well it will be interesting to see what happens.. your end result looked great so no worries.
I mean it's weed.
I've seen plants snapped over a knee thrown on a compost heap only to be rescued taped up and planted again to still grow strong and flower.

There's some bud sites sticking out but I kinda feel maybe I just should leave them alone and just let hem go.
I've ordered a net, will throw that over it when i gets here.

IMG_2163.JPG
:bravo:
Looking good @Fenderbender they grew a lot since the last picture.

I don't have many suggestions for training on autos, other than getting the top bud sites established asap with spacing for budding. Looks like you've pretty much got that done. A net is sure to help with training, especially outside the bounds of the growing container.

yeah if I wait a few days before pictures the difference will be better instead of pictures every 12 hours :p
Looks like they are flowering anyways so I kinda expect them not to do so much expanding anymore.

hmm autos, I still got plenty of seeds, but I also have some of my favourite regular strain.
I kinda wanted to go with autos for speed and well not caring about light and see what flowering under long photoperiod looks like for buds.
But I kinda feel cutting and training regular plants and then let them flower is gonna be better.. I could stretch out over the whole space.
Or with the autos I could get smaller pots and put three or 4 in bend them down at a later stage and let them go wild and flower.

I finally watered today as the right one wouldn't come up anymore when the lights came on.
With the plants now being bigger humidity in the tent is up no need for water to evaporate anymore, probably now I need to get humidity down as it gets up to 65% now on its own. But that's no problem just run the exhaust fan.

They gained some height
IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG

Sniff sniff
IMG_2169.JPG

So with leds, they say for flowering to move them closer but I've been keeping it at 18" otherwise the temps in the canopy go up to 30°c, but I've seen the videos of people measuring them at different heights and the difference it makes and it looks like you want them closer.. hmmm
I'm using LED as well, and with mine there is less light dispersion & more light penetration.
I'm basically training my upcoming plants to stay directly under them to maximize light usage because of this.

There are light meter applications for androids/smart phones for free on the app stores. ( I'm not sure how accurate they are in comparison to a actual meter. )

For a full size plant if your getting more than 50k lux on cannabis leaves top bud sites that should be equivalent or near equivalent to a clear sunny day outside. A clear sunny day with full sun is around 50k-100k+ lux.

aha! I downloaded lux meter for iphone.. says around 51000 at the top buds now but that drops off quite quickly and radically if I hold it lower.
My main concern is temperature maybe I could drop the light lower and have the oscillating fan blowing between the light and the plants constantly again, maybe the plants now bigger are better equipped against wind stress as that's the only thing I can do to combat heat.
Or drop it down and dim it, I'll play a bit with the meter to see what's happening, the middle of the light is also a serious hot spot..

The plants will grow up towards that 50k lux eventually receiving more light, it's good to consider that.

& Looks like the plant on the right is going to stretch more as it grows than the one on the left.

As for the wind you'll want a gentle breeze around the plants.

Are there windows or anyway to bring in cool air through the bottom of the tent?

That would push the hot air upwards & out of the tent if it has an exit if cooler air is brought into the bottom that is.

I'm using passive air exchange & only running fans, windows on bottom of tent opened 24/7 & door opened @ top during day for increased ventilation or an exit for hot air generated + leaving Mylar reflective surface still reflecting light.
Fans blowing over lights towards plants but not directly on plants. Leaves gently move in the air.

My Lights have built in fans though. & could be different climates or whatever other variable.

Looks like this
the windows on the bottom are open or half open​
Front
20201023_232442.jpg
Inside
20201023_232453.jpg

Yeah the right one is going for it.. could be the type though, I've just angled the light a bit by raising it higher on one side giving the right plant more of a blast, hmm maybe stop the impulse a bit.
There's three passive intake windows on the bottom, if I run the exhaust it does draw in cool air and cools down the canopy.

You've got two oscillating fans, I use mine to blow at the light, swaying the light (which I think is good to prevent hot spots burning) and the wind bouncing of the tent gets the canopy moving underneath.

Back
Top Bottom