New Getup: First Grow Auto Lemon Haze Kannabia & Sticky Beast

Yeah the right one is going for it.. could be the type though, I've just angled the light a bit by raising it higher on one side giving the right plant more of a blast, hmm maybe stop the impulse a bit.
There's three passive intake windows on the bottom, if I run the exhaust it does draw in cool air and cools down the canopy.

You've got two oscillating fans, I use mine to blow at the light, swaying the light (which I think is good to prevent hot spots burning) and the wind bouncing of the tent gets the canopy moving underneath.
Yeah, the one on the right looks like it has more sativa genetics than the one on the left.

I think our fans are positioned pretty much the same.
With only 1 fan for me my temps get high in the tent & mine are only 110 actual watts each & with internal fans. ( when I run them @ 100% )

A light above each plant is a good idea though..
I'm gonna grow with this for a bit and then go for 2 Spider Farmers SF1000's
Then height is adjustable for each plant and each plant is centered as know I'm kinda shining in between.
And then each gets a 100 watts and some spillover.
Ideally I'd like to separate them a bit in the center, fit a little humidifier in there and a little frost protecter and build a probe array that stands in the center at canopy height where I measure humidity and temperatures all relating to switches so I can automate the tent according to season.
Now I do it time wise, humidity rises to 70 80 left alone the walls get clammy, so the exhaust runs 15 minutes per two hours which brings it back to 39% and lets it rise between 60 and 70 and then brings it down again.. works as well but that always changes depending the stage of the plants so only for a little while.

Looks like a decent amount of buds, perfectly time for the end of the year..
I'm gonna get some jiffy pots and start seedlings on the sides in a few weeks.
Dunno still got lots of Sticky Beast autos, but I'm tempted to try regulars, Chanel + which is some sort of critical mass..
It's big bud & skunk, it's got a very pronounced classic taste, comments were : well I don't think something can taste more like weed than this, very classic but it's got fragrant peppery note certainly in the hash. And the outdoor plants grow huge and deliver as advertised more than a kg.
but train those through mainlining and then let them flower under 12 hours of light.
Still have some hydropots, but at the moment the soil approach is pretty maintenance free in comparison, I just give plain water levelled down a bit, I have to suck some tiny flies out, there's like a couple every few days, don't think that's too harmful, pretty sure they've got a large root structure by now.

Ha my first grow in my previous getup was also Chanel +

Still going strong, noticing some yellow tips on the new growth of the left one, nute burn might still be a thing as well the pots are hot, although I used less than prescribed
IMG_2193.JPG

ah no.. I'm still just topping up with small amounts, the air pots are a bit tricky to water unless you want sprinklers.
So I just give tiny amounts and it doesn't take much to get the plant up again for a couple of days.
Ah, I've never used those pots specifically so I haven't seen how they drain.
& Btw nice use of the pots for training.

Anyways I've read watering for runoff helps rinse excess salts or unused nutrients from the growing medium, and ensures growing medium is fully saturated, about 10-20% runoff that is. Also helps to collect enough runoff to measure the ppm, and ph.
That might be tough with them sprinklers however

Yep they are full of holes so they drain everywhere :) if you water too quickly or too much it already starts gushing out before it penetrates the rest of the pot. They work though in the sense that they prevent the roots circling the pot and they produce a finer root structure. But the watering is a bit iffy.

If I take them out I guess I could soak them somewhere and then put them in a container and catch what still is running out.
but if I just soak it now I'll probably make it hotter with dissolving all the nutrient pellets in the soil, so I'd have to repeat and until it's properly flushed out but then I'm out of nutrients..

IMG_2195.JPG

Yikes I just took the left one into natural light, even Kermit wasn't this green...
Aight, I'm flushing it completely, difficult though, might need to clingwrap the pots, most of the water gushes out of the the first three rows of holes.. I just poured three buckets through it of Ph 6,5 water.. gonna wait a bit and then repeat and probably a third time, then maybe do the other plant as well.
IMG_2199.JPG

I'm probably okay on nitrogen.. djeezus had I seen that colour sooner I'd have reacted sooner, good call with the flush, hadn't I taken them out, well they'd still be in there.
Sure as heck gonna flush again, I know how I've spiked those pots.. and I thought something you mix in the soil isn't going to be nuclear grade.. it's from Bionova I see.. but no info on the content really.

Just flushed them again at 6,5 I hope I got a lot out of the pots, measuring off run wasn't really in the game, I was hoping there's be some in the trays this morning but nothing substantial, the right one is rapidly growing into the light so raised it again. This is where individual lights would be very nice.
I hope they can cope with the overdose, of nutes and well now water
IMG_2203.JPG

I'm probably okay on nitrogen.. djeezus had I seen that colour sooner I'd have reacted sooner, good call with the flush, hadn't I taken them out, well they'd still be in there.
Sure as heck gonna flush again, I know how I've spiked those pots.. and I thought something you mix in the soil isn't going to be nuclear grade.. it's from Bionova I see.. but no info on the content really.
hmm, with the draining out the sides it might make flushing with those pots more difficult. If you like the air pots, fabric pots use the same concept i.e. air pruning roots & seem to drain more downwards + they come pretty cheap. ( just fyi for the future. )

The plants have come this far without severe nutrient burn from the looks of it.

Is there more nutrients towards the bottom of the air pots?

Yes more towards the bottom since it was called monster bud I took it more as a flowering thing.
I put some plastic wrap around the pots it gives a bit more downward direction but well it still spills out the sides. I used way more water than you'd normally would and a slow pour just to get some flow through the bottom.
The airpots were gifted by a neighbour, he used them to pre grow some trees and then didn't use them anymore, and I guess I made a look of recognition 'as in hey I see those on the shop sites all the time' ah you want them? take em! wait, I've got two more back here.

It looks like they are coping, but now I've seen them in sunlight I was fearing nitrogen toxicity as well way too green and deep dark green shiny edges were developing on the leaves together with some crawling and yellowing of tips so I hope it doesn't continue along that path. And dark green seems to be a reddish hue under the led light. In the picture it doesn't show up that well but looking at them you can see lots of shiny areas.

I'm liking the grow though, that's a lot of bud in hardly any space.

Right on, if the air pots work for you there isn't any need to fix what isn't broken.

The drooping is likely from being watered. Be sure to let them dry in between watering.
& when you do water just keep trying to get some drainage from the bottom.

Have you top fed the plants or are you just giving them water?

:thumb:
That's good

They've made it this far without burning to a crisp from the nutrients even through their more fragile stages, they just look nutrient rich is all. No worries. :)

As long as your not adding a bunch of nutrients when watering I don't see things getting worse, only better.

& watering enough to get some runoff when you do will only help @ this stage of growth in my opinion. ( Not every stage )
also
If one's more Indica dominant it will likely have naturally darker green leaves with wider fan leaves.

From the looks of it the plant in the natural light photo is more Indica dominant.

True that one is indica dominant, but the other one was equally green in natural light.
The problem is catching undiluted run off. As there's some water that's running through without really going through the soil. I thought there would be some drip in the tray after flushing but well only a moist tray not even enough fluid to form a puddle.
hmm leave droop didn't improve during the night.. the cans are super wet.
IMG_2208.JPG

Back
Top Bottom