New Grow Rooms - Capn Style - Video Updates

Thanks stealth!

Sky, so sorry I am just now subscribing and catching up on your journal. A few comments:

1. I really like how you've built a room, in a room. It gives you a lot of space to work and keep your grow area pristine.

Thanks, it's a work in progress

2. I like how you've mounted the ballast outside the room to save on heat.

Thanks again

3. The videos look nice quality to me.

When I shot, I talked the whole time but later review depicted shipping labels etc that I had to edit out. In doing so, some dialogue was also nixed, plus it was shot on a Droid so...

4. Love the cool tubes. Good choice.

IMO, they have more flexibility in where they can be used. Not so much with my hood. Once again, am thankful for all the space I have at my disposal.

5. Those seedling cups have holes in the bottoms, right?

Haha, I gotta admit, for the first 24 hours there were no holes, but I did cut slits in the bottom with a clean steak knife.

6. Please let me know how you do with the air conditioner vent thing. I tried something similar and it didn't work for me. If the air in the attic gets over 100, I'm not sure the air-con will be able to cool itself properly... and then they shut down.

It was your idea that made me do some continued research where I found something similar on YouTube. I too am very concerned about how all heat in this building of course flows upward to collect in the apex. Unfortunately I am tasked to manage/remove this heat w/o altering the structure in anyway ("dang nabbit"). The current train of thought is to mount a box fan at the apex of the security wall and blow any heat to the rear room of the attic. Once there I will make some effort to remove it via the back window, but won't get too carried away with that as there is OSB and white hardboard to keep that heat at bay. It's a gamble for sure and I am near being all in with this one, but at the moment it is the best I can come up with, expand my rig and grow. I will always be in search of my utopia garden.

I'm totally envious of your new space, especially the 8ft ceiling. If you can keep it cool up there you will do very well. Looking forward to seeing the next room up and running too. Is there an internet connection nearby? I know $ is tight but I would really like to see some airflow redundancy or at least a temp alert system like the lacrosse alerts. If the air con stops, we don't want a meltdown.

I found a wifi enabled thermostat on Homie's website for around 100. This will allow me to monitor and adjust to conserve KWh. I'm also thinking about looking into a nanny cam of sorts for the obvious reasons. Picture's worth a thousand words and updates would be so much easier if some footage could be recorded remotely.

Yep this is it! The intake at the beginning of the light hoods, that pulls from "outdoors", correct?

Still on the fence as finding the best source for inlet air is yet to be determined. My new wet wall that carries water to the RO is somewhat spacious for an exterior walls and is fed cool basement air. The sidewall also has basement air, but is capped by three actual old school 2x4's and would need to be bored out with an auger or sawsall. I actually kinda like that this attic is so challenging as it forces me to find a way to make it work, but if I lose plants or the space ultimately convinces me that growing there is too impractical, I will be hurt too.

Bad news 420,

Today, while building a utility sink to dump waste water into, I came to the conclusion that I cannot grow anything in that space during the current conditions, i.e. too much heat and humidity. Coupled with all the other BS I must tread through on a daily basis, I simply don't have enough funds to move forward so I pulled all the plugs and will let the young seedlings die. I am extremely frustrated to say the least and I do apologize for wasting your time, but I have to close this journal and see if there is anything I can do to remove that heat, or I gotta shitcan the entire project.

Once again, I apologize to all subscribers.

This journal is CLOSED!

That is very unfortunate. But you have to make the best decision. No point if diving into a situation that you KNOW will not produce the product that you want. Step back, re-plan, and re-adjust. You got this!

In the weeks to come, I plan to get some more fans to see if I can bleed off some of that heat and hopefully make the overall condition of less heat, but the last 3 days when I went in to feed, the temps read in the low 90's. This was only with a floro and a 400w HID set at 50%. I couldn't imagine the result with two additional 600w HIDs. This blows big time, but it was a gut call I had to make none the less. 8..(

I'm sorry to hear about he recent new Sky! It seems like the grow gods want you to wait a little longer, the way I see it it gives you a chance to make the best grow plans you can possibly create; knowing your skill sets as well! I recently have been facing 90 degree temps in the area, a real bitch, but the new setup is slowly coming together. I should have my first post up tonight, just a preliminary post, few pictures. I'll be sure to link you.

I'm sorry to hear about he recent new Sky! It seems like the grow gods want you to wait a little longer, the way I see it it gives you a chance to make the best grow plans you can possibly create; knowing your skill sets as well! I recently have been facing 90 degree temps in the area, a real bitch, but the new setup is slowly coming together. I should have my first post up tonight, just a preliminary post, few pictures. I'll be sure to link you.

Thanks for the best wishes AG, means a lot. Capn suggested looking into a micro grow until I can use the larger space which I'm definitely trying to make happen ASAP. I will definitely be looking forward to chasing that link to your journal. Are you still using the same strains you mentioned previously? Man I gotta get my hands on some of that Bubblicious you had. Top notch nuggets with such a full bodied taste and a swift kick in the ass to match!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here:Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks Rico. I always wondered how to get a journal moved.

Back
Top Bottom