New Grow: Starting From Square One

So, I scored HUGE on Craigslist today!! Next week everything gets hooked up, and transplanted. 10 days after transplant, on 18/6 400 W settings under the hps lights I plan to flip! I am super exited!

This is the 18000BTU Mr. Slim mini split! It is brand new, never opened, I scored it for 750 bucks!!!!!!!!!! I am SO STOKED! Feels like I won the lotto!! I was browsing CL one last time before I bought off amazon, and I found it literally 10 miles away here in town!! I can't believe how lucky I got! I was going to pay 800 (asking price) guy said bring 750!!

Here's some pics of the closet right now. It's all getting moved into a tent for next run. I'm going to deflate the undersides of the plants, amd take clones in the next couple days, when I get a tent before I flip, I will put all the new plants in there. The tent is probably going in the next room. I'm going to be clearing that room out this week, so I can get everything configured.

In the closet, I have 3 larger (than the clones) plants transplanted In 8's, 6 clones (3SFV, 3GHOST), AND 3 weird looking tall skinny scragglers. The 3 scrags are going to friends as gifts after I take clones. The other 9 are going to be flowered after I take clones and get set up. The scragglers, and the 3 biggies are all bag seed. Im in Los Angeles, so I know they are legit producing strains. Plus I just popped 2 beans from a strain of "Amsterdam OG" that tested at 27%!! Bag seed!! I'm looking for a lotto strain as I grow. I am going to buy a few OZ of the top shelf shake from the shop where I got the Amsterdam and pop all the seeds. Should be fun! I will be mostly sticking to known cuttings after this point, but I am going to keep looking until I find my own strains to grow. It's nice to be able to score legit seeds without ordering online!! Hopefully house of clones gets the "do si do" cuttings back!! They were real!! The dosido was amazing!!

Get ready for big things soon!!

So, I scored HUGE on Craigslist today!! Next week everything gets hooked up, and transplanted. 10 days after transplant, on 18/6 400 W settings under the hps lights I plan to flip! I am super exited!

This is the 18000BTU Mr. Slim mini split! It is brand new, never opened, I scored it for 750 bucks!!!!!!!!!! I am SO STOKED! Feels like I won the lotto!! I was browsing CL one last time before I bought off amazon, and I found it literally 10 miles away here in town!! I can't believe how lucky I got! I was going to pay 800 (asking price) guy said bring 750!!

Here's some pics of the closet right now. It's all getting moved into a tent for next run. I'm going to deflate the undersides of the plants, amd take clones in the next couple days, when I get a tent before I flip, I will put all the new plants in there. The tent is probably going in the next room. I'm going to be clearing that room out this week, so I can get everything configured.

In the closet, I have 3 larger (than the clones) plants transplanted In 8's, 6 clones (3SFV, 3GHOST), AND 3 weird looking tall skinny scragglers. The 3 scrags are going to friends as gifts after I take clones. The other 9 are going to be flowered after I take clones and get set up. The scragglers, and the 3 biggies are all bag seed. Im in Los Angeles, so I know they are legit producing strains. Plus I just popped 2 beans from a strain of "Amsterdam OG" that tested at 27%!! Bag seed!! I'm looking for a lotto strain as I grow. I am going to buy a few OZ of the top shelf shake from the shop where I got the Amsterdam and pop all the seeds. Should be fun! I will be mostly sticking to known cuttings after this point, but I am going to keep looking until I find my own strains to grow. It's nice to be able to score legit seeds without ordering online!! Hopefully house of clones gets the "do si do" cuttings back!! They were real!! The dosido was amazing!!

Get ready for big things soon!!

Obviously, you're following directions. There's no other explanation for those gorgeous plants!

So, this weekend was pretty eventfull. I actually ended up moving the room! I now have an even bigger room!! This room has an exterior wall, its a regular rectangle shape, and its going to be absolutely perfect! I have finally transplanted everything, and as soon as i have the AC done, and the equipment all moved over, ill be ready to start flowering!

I have transplanted the 3 bigger plants into 10G pots, and putting the 3+3 ghost, and sfv cuttings into the 6 matching 8G pots. I also took a few cuttings of everything, so hopefully i can get a good start on veg for next round.

Right now, i think i need to wait at least a week before i flip, because of transplant. How long do you wait? Are my plants too big? Am i gonna have too much, or not enough going on under 2k watts? Ill probably scrog the 6 ghost/sfv plants.

Heres the pics, as you can see, the biggies are doing great! Just transplanted everything last night, and so far so good! The 6 clones have great shapes! They look a little dry and malnourished, but i bet they perk right up over the next couple days!

So, this weekend was pretty eventfull. I actually ended up moving the room! I now have an even bigger room!! This room has an exterior wall, its a regular rectangle shape, and its going to be absolutely perfect! I have finally transplanted everything, and as soon as i have the AC done, and the equipment all moved over, ill be ready to start flowering!

I have transplanted the 3 bigger plants into 10G pots, and putting the 3+3 ghost, and sfv cuttings into the 6 matching 8G pots. I also took a few cuttings of everything, so hopefully i can get a good start on veg for next round.

Right now, i think i need to wait at least a week before i flip, because of transplant. How long do you wait? Are my plants too big? Am i gonna have too much, or not enough going on under 2k watts? Ill probably scrog the 6 ghost/sfv plants.

Heres the pics, as you can see, the biggies are doing great! Just transplanted everything last night, and so far so good! The 6 clones have great shapes! They look a little dry and malnourished, but i bet they perk right up over the next couple days!

I prune, transplant and flip the same day.

They're ready....just do it.

So im almost ready to start blooming at least 4 plants. I am getting a new 24000 btu mini split delivered on friday.

I was wondering if you guys think it will be enough for 4K vented? Will a sentinel controller wire up to a mini split? Whats the best type of CO2 setup? More pics of my garden later tonight! Looking good!!

To determine the BTU requirements for your room, you first need to know the size of the room and the heat load that it carries before adding any equipment. Many people base their final calculation simply off the number of lights, however the room size, presence of ballasts, dehumidifiers, and other equipment will also have a significant effect on which unit to use. Factors like high ceilings, poor insulation, and excessively high ambient temperatures can also drastically affect the BTU requirements. Use the sizing chart below

This chart can be used to help determine the necessary cooling requirements needed for your grow room environments.

full

FINALLY!!!! LETS GET STARTED!!!

I have been in a frenzy, and working very hard to get this room ready! I had the opportunity to move into a much more convenient, and slightly larger space. This move involved moving all of my electrical, ducting, and installing my first air conditioner by myself for the first time ever.

I have invested alot of time, and hard earned money into constructing this basic setup. I have learned alot about construction, and building a room. My room is far from complete, but in due time, i have big plans for this space. I refuse to be one of the failing 80% of new growers. The math is there, the science is solid, all thats left to the equation is me. I will make sure to crush it in this room. I hope everyone enjoys watching, and will lend me a helping hand, as i dive head first into this adventure!

I will try and be as thorough in detail as possible, and try to capture enough data to contribute to this awesome forum.

HEY LOUD, WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG TO GET STARTED?! I have had a difficult time getting all of the things in place in a timely manner. Between work, and other obligations, it has been extremely difficult to spend the time i need. Also, this crap is expensive for a first run start up!!! I dont want to waste anyones time growing booboo schwagg. Electricity isnt cheap!! I am very detail oriented, and patient. I was waiting to feel like i have enough control of the room to feel comfortable getting started!! The main driving factor was the AC. Now, its done!!

For this grow (and probably indefinitely) i will be using the DOC BUD'S HIGH BRIX KIT!! I was a little skeptical, and didnt know if it was what i wanted at first, because im used to salt based nutrients like H&G, or advanced... Turns out, the hardest part about the kit is waiting for the soil to cook! Its pretty forgiving, and actually kind of lazy!! Plants are super healthy, shiny and vigorous so far!!

Since the plants got so fricking huge, i just decided to go with 2 per light. What do you think? Ill go down the lineup, and show you guys what im working with.

First up: "B1"

B1 Was a random bag seed i found in some really killer indica. The plant is extremely bushy, and has alot of dense colas. The colorof the leaves is a little dark, and reptile like. Foliage is pretty nice and shiny!Brix read 12 at this moment. I broke my garlic press taking the reading.

B1
Height: 41" from soil,
Indica

NEXT UP: SFV OG (House of clones cutting)

Height: 41"
Hybrid?
Brix: broke garlic press, will test asap

"A1"(bag seed)
Hybrid
Height: 36"

This plant keeps growing like crazy, but constantly looks sad. It is perfectly green, but looks skraggly in structure. Any ideas? Bad genetics?

And lastly, but not least:

"C1"(really good bagseed) the stalk smells great, if its as good as the original, im calling it "KAA BOO" because it was from a bag i scored before going to kaa boo music festival.

I think this is a sativa. But this thing looks freaky. It has a very thick strong stem. It almost smells like bananas. It has fat leaves with 9 or more leaves, and theyre huge and fat.

"C1"(KABOO BAG SEED)
SATIVA
HEIGHT: 39"

Here is a group pic, and a pic of my so far haggard but working setup:

My goodness Loud, you have some beasts there! You gotta flip those ladies nowish! Wow! A 41" indica? :rofl:

They're mighty pretty though. :love: Have you thought about cutting that top off the SFV OG? The lower growth looks like it might make a nice canopy at a better height - she TALL right now.

But nice, very nice. And kinda too easy, you say, eh? Heheh.

Today is officially the start of FLIP +4 for my little garden!!! I decided to put 3 ghost OG plants in the mix, and probably 2 more SFV's pretty soon. If it gets too crowded, I guess I'm gonna throw in another 1000W of light!! Next grow I'm gonna definitely look into some cobs. I'm curious how they perform water for watt to the HID's...

To say the least, I am super exited!!

Graytail, I do agree with you, but don't you think a big main cola is sexy?! I am going to train the crap out of the next round. I learned a bit of a lesson with that this time...

All of the ladies are flawless, and free of deficiencies! They look super healthy! My favorite one is just crushing it right now! It looked ready to flower before I flipped, I think it's about to go crazy! Here's some pics!

Is the giant panda's job making the plants grow faster? "Faster, darn it, grow faster OR ELSE!'

Or is it a member of the panda squad protecting your grow from unauthorized visitors?

Hey I'm back! It's been a while since I posted, but everything is moving right along! Let's take a look at what's going on! I apologize for image quality, I am trying to obtain a new camera.

Here is a look over the garden from one side to the other:

The ghosts are all along the wall, the sfv is on the right near the panda wall, and A1 bag seed on the left. The huge one in front on the right is sativa C1 bagseed. The giant one in the middle is my favorite; the indica B1 bagseed. I have not measured the height recently, but the sfv, and C1 are well over 6' tall. I only measured the brix on the best looking, most perfect plant I have this time. I used a set of chanel locks to squeeze the remaining parts of the garlic press together. There's got to be a better way to juice some leaf material than this. On my B1 indica I have a reading of 8.5 ish brix. I also think I burnt some of the leaves with the brix foliar. They started to lighten a bit on some plants, and I even got a few burnt tips.

Here is a short photo break down:

B1: this plant loves docs gear! It just simply thrives in it. I have taken the drench doses to the max back to back, and even with the CD. She may have a little burn from the brix, but this is a new occurrence. I've been spraying all of them with full doses since in flowering, until I burned them. Any guesses on weight? She is getting chunky!

SFV: this thing is like 6'4", and it has trichs on some of the fan leaves close to the bud sites! I have never seen such a thing! The nugs are going to be huge!! Got second CD 5 days ago. Got 50% GE/tea tonight, with a small palm full of Epsom salt. I noticed a bit of frankensymtoms, so I thought I'd add it since it worked wonders on my A1.

C1: it's been about 5 days since the 2nd cat drench. It got a 1/2 GE/tea watering today. She is a big girl. She smells amazing! The quality will determine if I grow her out again. She's a little bit finicky.

A1: this plant got its 2nd CD 3 days ago. I've top dressed this with a small hand toss full of Epsom salt before the second CD after reading around in Docs QandA and it made a dramatic difference! The leaves flattened out, and are even very shiny almost fake looking! This plant has had up curling healthy, but wrinkly looking leaves until this point.

RANDOM

Please critique my style! Any comments, advice, or questions welcome! The ghost gang is a bit behind, as I added them a week late. They are also very finicky feeling. Weird fragile plants. I will add more pics when they move along.

Hey I'm back! It's been a while since I posted, but everything is moving right along! Let's take a look at what's going on! I apologize for image quality, I am trying to obtain a new camera.

Here is a look over the garden from one side to the other:

The ghosts are all along the wall, the sfv is on the right near the panda wall, and A1 bag seed on the left. The huge one in front on the right is sativa C1 bagseed. The giant one in the middle is my favorite; the indica B1 bagseed. I have not measured the height recently, but the sfv, and C1 are well over 6' tall. I only measured the brix on the best looking, most perfect plant I have this time. I used a set of chanel locks to squeeze the remaining parts of the garlic press together. There's got to be a better way to juice some leaf material than this. On my B1 indica I have a reading of 8.5 ish brix. I also think I burnt some of the leaves with the brix foliar. They started to lighten a bit on some plants, and I even got a few burnt tips.

Here is a short photo break down:

B1: this plant loves docs gear! It just simply thrives in it. I have taken the drench doses to the max back to back, and even with the CD. She may have a little burn from the brix, but this is a new occurrence. I've been spraying all of them with full doses since in flowering, until I burned them. Any guesses on weight? She is getting chunky!

SFV: this thing is like 6'4", and it has trichs on some of the fan leaves close to the bud sites! I have never seen such a thing! The nugs are going to be huge!! Got second CD 5 days ago. Got 50% GE/tea tonight, with a small palm full of Epsom salt. I noticed a bit of frankensymtoms, so I thought I'd add it since it worked wonders on my A1.

C1: it's been about 5 days since the 2nd cat drench. It got a 1/2 GE/tea watering today. She is a big girl. She smells amazing! The quality will determine if I grow her out again. She's a little bit finicky.

A1: this plant got its 2nd CD 3 days ago. I've top dressed this with a small hand toss full of Epsom salt before the second CD after reading around in Docs QandA and it made a dramatic difference! The leaves flattened out, and are even very shiny almost fake looking! This plant has had up curling healthy, but wrinkly looking leaves until this point.

RANDOM

Please critique my style! Any comments, advice, or questions welcome! The ghost gang is a bit behind, as I added them a week late. They are also very finicky feeling. Weird fragile plants. I will add more pics when they move along.

This is your first grow? What kind of magic "nutes" are you using? ;)

There's not much criticism from my view. Perhaps bloom them a week earlier and increase humidity 5%.

A+.

Thanks for blessing my thread with your presence @Doc Bud !! (I'm not worthy!) :)This is not my first grow, it is, however, my first real organic grow. This is my second time seriously growing indoors. The first time was a huge failure because i started too big, didnt have enough experience, and thought i knew everything. This time i knew just where to start, and its been a MUCH better experience going organic, and going all in on the right equipment the first time. The AC really changed the game for me. It is absolutely necessary!! I also have a few successful small personal outdoor grows under my belt, using standard nonorganic nutes. After this experience, I definitely think I'm gonna stay on the brix gang now at this point. The style was so simple once I got a hang of doing what, and when. As long as I keep to the watering schedule, and spray my foliars at the right time, these things are practically on autopilot. I love the forgiveness the soil gives in regard to watering. You can tell just when to water, and if you over/under water, the plants just bounce right back. Next round is going to be just fantastic! I'll hit the launch window, and have a great idea of how to manage the system from the beginning. I've already got some of the next round going, and I've been doing alot of LST/topping. I'm gonna try to hit all the marks.

I have been keeping the room at about 70 at night, and 77 during the day. Humidity is pretty easy to keep between 40, and 60. It usually stays about 56% with lights on.

I'll remove the garbage from the bottoms tonight. I was thinking alot of it was good for foliar feeding. That's why there's alot of it.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom