New Grower: Excited To Learn

Big time bummer. I've been using a Mars Hydro 300W LED since April. It does the job for a small tent, although I plan to upgrade it eventually. It's not easy to find stuff that holds up.
Not easy to afford...

Just something for you to keep an eye on cause smell is the number one give away in grow op busts. Looking forward to this its gonna be good. One thing i will say tho and im sure a lot of the community here would agree with me is research research research. There is so much to learn and know. Most people think its just stick em in a pot and job done. Sometimes maybe yeh if your lucky. Read through some grows in completed journals and see how they were done succesfully and then cross reference with some abandoned journals and look at why they failed. Lots of good info in there. You surely wont be bored.
Yes I agree with you on the people here are a great, and I have been researching all that I can and reading the journal, and the grow bible that I was given and I love to experiment so as I build my grow room I will be testing the temp, humidity, lights, ventilation and intake and I do truly appreciate all the help you and others have given me.

Ok here and sub'd for the flowers! :passitleft: I'll take a seat in the back and do my thing.

I have a few suggestions for Pop. You're in a chair so you have limited mobility.

That's a good challenge and growing plants indoors will also be a challenge.

I going to suggest #3 nursery pots. Get the square ones. You can get some AUTO seeds that are decent quality - Mephisto is one breeder that makes quality AUTO gear. Also Dark Devil is a KILLER AUTO and I highly suggest you try growing it in soil.

Resons for #3 pots - they are small enough (3 gal soil) to handle without breaking your back.

Reasons for suggesting AUTOs they don't grow big so you will be able to fit several in your grow space and they will grow with inexpensive lighting just fine.

I can grow 20 Dark Devils in a 3'x5' space and yield 20-25 zips dried and cured. This will be enough for a year or more even giving some to friends or can make a little coin on the side to help pay electric. They don't smell up the neighborhood are easy to grow and you have your crop in 70 days from seedlings.

Killer buds too!

Suggest growing in a soil that can go from start to finish without adding anything like bottled nutrients. But that's me, I'm in the minority on this (for now).
I have a very easy to mix soil recipe in my journal. I do no-till which is using the same soil over and over - even in #3 pots, it works great. So a lot less forgiving that mixing up chemicals. I just tried some chem grown weed last night for the first time in years.

Gotta go with organic soil. High is good on the chem fed stuff, but the taste is like drinking old spice.

[weed snob alert]

That's a pass for me.

Lighting - get the best you can afford. In a closet grow you can forgo the tent and just figure a way to filter and vent the heat/smell. Although I run Dark Devil without venting and filtering. I live in a city. Weed will be good just doesn't have any of the skunk genetics that makes the neighborhood stink up.

So there's another view on a closet grow. If I was in a chair I'd grow on a table and grow short AUTO plants that I don't have to fuck with too much. You'll get a good first grow experience without a lot of work cept for mixing the soil. That will be the challenge. As it will for just about any type of grow even with perlite and nutes. With ferts you will be on a constant learning curve. WAY too much work for me.

Cheers and G/L with your research and getting your stuff together.

I'll be here and feel free to stop by my journal anytime and ask questions - any question is good. Don't be shy.

Its summer time here and the growing is slow.. too hot to run all my lamps full on even with AC. 33C today 80RH, getting cooked even indoors. So my journal is slow but there's a lot of experienced growers and we all like to help. Specially the new guys. 420mag is a great place, everyone is very helpful and no BS attitudes like almost everywhere else.

You will get this going Pop. :Namaste:

Welcome Pops, I'll chill in the back and watch the grow show. If you need anything just ask, if we don't know the answer to a question we will damn sure find one together.

Thanks and welcome bobrown14 I am doing research on this grow and I am learning so much about it I appreciate all your help and support,
I am in a wheelchair but I can move pretty good and I have strong upper body strength. So moving the plants around

I just been doing research and WOW the price for what I want to do is expensive. The thought of growing in the soil is pretty interesting to me and as far as the tent I have to use one no way around that but I am going to try and grow one plant with out all the stuff will let you know when I get it started and how it's going.

good morning pops, I'm glad to see that you are in such capable hands, as I don't hav lights and such I can't help out there but I think @bobrown14 is onto a good idea with the autos but what I thought was really genius is the table idea in the closet..

Doesn't have to be an actual table, just something to elevate the plants and save your self from the heavy work which you are up for... I'd rather have make use of a table with my back probs, but I'm excited to see what you come up with..

top o the morning to you..

The light I found is 1500W LED Grow Light, Dimgogo Triple Chips Full Spectrum Grow Lamp with UV&IR for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower All Phases of Plant Growth (10W LEDs)

Yeah I am going to try and use a small grate to raise it off the floor and allow for the drip pan and I been watching pigeon 420 and grow Journals for lst and quad grow going with 2 plants and learning how to grow and develop a plan for future growing

Thank you for your help and advice pennywise I been sketching what I want to build for my next grow Is kind of setup your running with the drip running back into the resevior I was wondering if I read it in your journal that you use Canna coco A&B and the other Canna coco line?

Yeah I am going to try and use a small grate to raise it off the floor and allow for the drip pan and I been watching pigeon 420 and grow Journals for lst and quad grow going with 2 plants and learning how to grow and develop a plan for future growing

Did you buy that light?

Did you buy that light?
No I have not bought a light yet I am on a tight budget and the tent and cococoir and pots and pH test and pH up and down are going to be my first purchase

The budget for the grow I am going to build is going to take me 3 months to purchase it all, well I have tracked the temp in the closet I am going to use and and empty it's range is 70 to 78 degrees with RH at constant 50% so when I get the tent setup I will see what the temp is holding at and the RH, this should give me a idea of what kind of setup for lights as I have read that lights can heat up the temp in the tent

No I have not bought a light yet I am on a tight budget and the tent and cococoir and pots and pH test and pH up and down are going to be my first purchase
That light sounds sort of too good to be true. Your light will be probably be your largest purchase. Figure out how much you have to work with and talk to people you trust. Stay away from too good to be true

Back
Top Bottom