New Moon Over Guawi: A High Brix Journey

Yes. All you guys start measuring brix so we can start holding you accountable. 13 brix? We know you can do better, gotta pump those numbers up! Haha

The system I'm rolling with isn't Docs. I'm told from the folks up top that these methods raise brix. The refractometer tells the tale of truth. We will see who is right. I mean, the plants have a damn level, just finding out how high it gets.

Thx! Pretty sure I've looked at the same one. Going to pull the trigger. Giggity

Right on Please let me know what your readings are once you get the meter, I am very interested
to hear what you get :)

BTW I did take some reading last night 2 days after a 1/4 TP Drench.
Did it 2hrs after lights on and both STEM sap & Crushed Leaf Sap, did not notice any difference
between the Stem readings and the leaf readings ? I may still not be doing things correctly ?
The average between 3 different leaf readings was only 9.0 on the GDP

Also want to a process were I take a reading just before a BRIX FOLIAR and then 2 hrs later
to see if it goes up / down or stays the same. Curious to see those results.

Anyway here is a picture of my BRIX tool kit. I just flat sanded 2 Quarters on one side each to
create a larger surface to SMASH out some Sap from the leafs, I rolled up the leafs into a ball
but between the 2 quarters and used the Vise Grips to Squeeze, works very well. also here is
a picture of the reading taken through the Refractometer NOT A EASY shoot. ;) its a much
clearer line when actually looking through the lens, trying to focus the camera shoot is not easy
brix_set_1.jpg
brix_reading_1.jpg
leaf_1.jpg

Interesting..

I have seen on other brix sites (non-cannabis ) , where they use a garlic press when doing sap extractions.

I thought I remember you saying you did this on the 1st one or two. Have you noticed any differences between the two methods?

I may have not been clear in the post you read but NO I was thinking about buying a Garlic press to crush
the leaf and stem but just went the DIY approach with 2 quarters and Vise grips, I may even weld the
quarters to the Vise grips but not sure as they need to be cleaned after each use.

BTW I did do both Stem Sap & then crushed/smashed the leaf and stem Sap check No difference noticed
(maybe just a bit lower on the Leaf crush sap, but not much maybe 0.2 lower at worst)

The last time I took readings was a few grows ago and cant find my results ? but remember I only did it
a few times.

Hey, you keep putting all the info you want in here. Data will answer most all questions in time, as long as you collect the right data. Now what is the right data? We don't know for sure, so get as much as you can, from where ever you can and use it.

I do remember reading taking the readings at same time of light schedule is important. I will speculate the same amount of time after any fluids are introduced will also play in.

:thumb:

They look very healthy and happy!

Thanks they are moving along very well, Just wish the BRIX READINGS were a bit better.
So far the GUAWAI has been listening to me and staying reasonable :) She knows what
I expect and seems to be sticking to the plan
:green_heart:
Hey, you keep putting all the info you want in here. Data will answer most all questions in time, as long as you collect the right data. Now what is the right data? We don't know for sure, so get as much as you can, from where ever you can and use it.

I do remember reading taking the readings at same time of light schedule is important. I will speculate the same amount of time after any fluids are introduced will also play in.

Thanks trying to put together a consistent repeatable approach is a bit of a challenge
especially since I did a clean up to open up the top (not as many leafs to choose from)
Doing 3 each time for an average may need to be changed to 1 or 2 ?

My Standard going forward will be
2hrs after lights on (a few days after DRENCHs)
2hrs after any DRENCH
2hrs after any FOLIARs

May start doing a Pre Foliar as well for comparison

checking location of MALAWI compared to HAWAII distance from Equator

Since Malawi is BELOW the Equator and Hawaii is ABOVE there distance from the
Equator is actually fairly close 508 mile difference (one is above and one below).
Nearly the same distance as Mendocino Cal to Los Angeles Cal which is approx. 530 miles

Distance between Lilongwe, Malawi and the Equator

1555 km = 966 miles BELOW the equator

RELATIVE LOCATION:
Malawi is located in the eastern and southern hemispheres
=========================================

Distance between Honolulu, Hawaii, USA and the Equator

2372 km = 1474 miles ABOVE the Equator

northern hemisphere

location_HAWAII.png
location_malawi.png

checking location of MALAWI compared to HAWAII distance from Equator

Since Malawi is BELOW the Equator and Hawaii is ABOVE there distance from the
Equator is actually fairly close 508 mile difference (one is above and one below).
Nearly the same distance as Mendocino Cal to Los Angeles Cal which is approx. 530 miles

Distance between Lilongwe, Malawi and the Equator

1555 km = 966 miles BELOW the equator

RELATIVE LOCATION:
Malawi is located in the eastern and southern hemispheres
=========================================

Distance between Honolulu, Hawaii, USA and the Equator

2372 km = 1474 miles ABOVE the Equator

northern hemisphere

location_HAWAII.png
location_malawi.png
What drew you to the mawali strain?

What drew you to the mawali strain?

Its half of my GUAWI which is destine for the Cobbing process;) and of course the
Ace description
"
We recommend Guawi to all growers looking for sativas of great vigor, high production, complex terpene profiles, and overpowering and long lasting psychedelic effects."

Oooops last night when i went down stairs just a few minutes before lights on
I noticed I had left the temp/humidity monitor backlight on and it was shinning away
all night :confused: not real bright, about the intensity of the Moon so hope it did not cause
a slow down

Its plugged into its own outlet so the Watt meter readout I have upstairs did not
alert me to the issue, looks like I need to plug it into one of the outlets I have set up
with power readings

Back
Top Bottom