1st Journal On My High Brix Journey

I noticed a difference in plants after drenching, more so after a lights on phase.
Doc, youre like Captain Kirk...new territory, new frontiers...amazing stuff!!!
...I will be starting to get some of the Hi Brix DVDs offered by the lab next month.

Any chance you can carry them and those interested can get them through you or do you suggest just going through the labs site?

I noticed a difference in plants after drenching, more so after a lights on phase.
Doc, youre like Captain Kirk...new territory, new frontiers...amazing stuff!!!
...I will be starting to get some of the Hi Brix DVDs offered by the lab next month.

Any chance you can carry them and those interested can get them through you or do you suggest just going through the labs site?

That's a really good question, Ziggy. We shall see. I'm stepping up my game a bit, we'll see how it develops.

When in doubt, growth energy! You did right.....and you included tea with that, correct?

Top dress with some epsom salt. It will come around. Sometimes they grow really fast due to the foliars and the containers don't keep up. They'll get back on line. Make a note of where you are in the grow and try to head it off next time proactively.

Also, DeStress!

Got it, thanks doc. They got a destress spray earlier this week and gettin brix tonight and tea was included with the energy.
So is that the tell tale sign of a salt lover?

Got it, thanks doc. They got a destress spray earlier this week and gettin brix tonight and tea was included with the energy.
So is that the tell tale sign of a salt lover?

Not always....those tend to "taco" first.

I'll try to diagnose further:

Temps day and night?
rH day and night?
Container size?
veg or bloom, and what week in bloom?

common problems:

ENVIRONMENT. Cold nights, too low rH, etc.
Container size too small from extended veg.
Roots damaged during transplant by using a dull blade for scoring, OR not scoring at all.
Salt lover

Ok so this plant were talking about is in veg, temps stay at mid 70s, rh is also 60-70% when I can keep my humidifier filled. There's been a cpl days where it dried out before I got home and the rh dropped to about 35 for a few hours. Also when I did transplant to the 7 gal a little over a week ago my rootball wasn't filling up the pot and it broke apart taking it out of the 1 gal. I documented this here a page or 2 back.

Ok so this plant were talking about is in veg, temps stay at mid 70s, rh is also 60-70% when I can keep my humidifier filled. There's been a cpl days where it dried out before I got home and the rh dropped to about 35 for a few hours. Also when I did transplant to the 7 gal a little over a week ago my rootball wasn't filling up the pot and it broke apart taking it out of the 1 gal. I documented this here a page or 2 back.

I'm sorry I didn't catch that transplant incident a few pages back.....

THAT is your trouble! I like to veg until they're root bound, then slice/score the ball from top to bottom in four places, opposite and 90 degrees from eachother. (every side if square, every 90 degrees if round)

So, I'd prune it up from the bottom to get ready for bloom. Leave the top four nodes intact on each main branch, trimming all the little stuff and suckers from the bottom up. Give it a double strength dose of Transplant when it gets good a dry, let it dry out again, drench with water only, let it dry out, THEN you can go into bloom.

You have a "common" problem! That's good! That means you're just like me. I have all these issues from time to time too. Sometimes I ignore them, knowing they'll straighten out, while other times I cull the plant because I always veg about 30% more plants than I bloom.....for just this reason.

Pic Update:

Day 12 of flower White Widow, she got brixed yesterday and and trans and tea today.

image21061.jpg
image21062.jpg
image21063.jpg

WW looks perfect (to me)!

Back
Top Bottom