Niwashi Tries Monster Cropping

Alright, water changed. Aprox 30g Tap water with 1/4 Cup calimagic and 1/2 Cup of each part AN trio. PPM right around 800 and PH 5.8. Plants seem to be happy. I also added 1 Tbps of each part Z7 and am dumping water over each plant site daily. So far no more brown slime. Going to follow @JustMeds suggestion and flip the water again in 7 days. Everyone seems to be doing well.

@JustMeds from what I’ve read, when taking clones from a flowering mother, you get single and three blades leaves as the clones reveg. By the second or third set of leaves, they should be back to normal. I don’t think I have a light leak, and not sure what else could be stressing them. Could they not be getting enough light? I have a single 1500w king led for the entire space, not sure if it’s strong enough, only draws about 300w from the wall.

Day 57

The girls keep growing. One is a bit behind the others, but I’m sure she will catch up. I plan on changing out the water tomorrow, even though she seems to be doing well. There is no slime on the roots. The brown spots are just staining due to the AN trio.

Now I do have a few questions. I am currently running at 800ppm with 150ppm tap water as base. I have heard conflicting reports on how hard to push with AN in DWC, but I’m not sure if feeding more would make a big difference. Based on consumption rates I monitor via PPM and water volume changes, the plants don’t draw a tremendous amount out of the bite mix.

I also want to take a few clones off these plants, as my cloner got unplugged and I lost the remaining clones. When should I take them? Should I take clones before I SCROG? Before flowering? During flowering?

These plants are clones to begin with, that I took from a flowering mother, and are doing well, but it’s taken quite a bit of time for them to re-veg, and are sill putting off 3 blade leaves. I like how bushy they are, but would I be better off taking clones for the next batch of a veggie Int plant rather than a flowering one?

Get the clones before it goes into flower. Think of the stored energy the plant has for stretch and buds. If you cut before it goes into flower that energy is available to the clones to make them stronger.

@JustMeds im not really sure. One is just developing slower. The clones were all about the same size when I moved them into the RDWC. Now, I did go out of town for 10 days immediately after that and when I came back one was behind the rest. They all had a top feed running for the 10 days I was gone, and all had roots in the water.

Strange that one is so far behind when they are all the same genetics

The only thing I hate about the scrog nets is no more easily moving stuff around, hate that.

On the clones I would cut them the day you decide to flip, that will give you the best choices of what you get.

Day 64

Thanks @JustMeds

The girls keep growing! The tent is getting pretty crowded so I popped 8 clones off the big one and 2 off the second largest. I think I might actually take two rounds of clones off this run as the plants are vegging so well/quickly

Day 66

The scrog net is really filling out! The monster cropping really creates crazy branching. 3 of the plants are pretty well developed and the 4th is catching up.

How much longer should I go before flipping? I imagine she’s going to stretch quite a bit. Most of the reading I’ve done has sad to flip when the net is 75% full and I’m quickly approaching that.

Any advice appreciated!

Day 68 (yesterday's update)

@JustMeds I wanted to do that but I couldn't find the the 4-way elbows at the store, need to order them off the interweb. I may build a second identical setup and just place it on top of the first one, the rebuild it with 4-ways for the next grow. Also @Scrogdawg seems to have gone MIA. Would love his feedback on the benefits f a double layer scrog.

The net is starting to fill up. the pictures in this post are from yesterday (day 68), i will upload another batch of current pictures later

What do you guys think? Time to flip her?

Back
Top Bottom