Nobody's COB Perpetual: Various Strains & Some Edible Fun At Times In A Tiny Tent

AK47 (A?wtf) - Day 63
White Widow (PFem) - Day 26
HSO Raspberry Diesel(PFem) - Day 7
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (A) - napkin
AK47 (A?wtf) Clones - Day 3 - not feeling good

The War On Drugs - Slave Ambient

What a fun colonoscopy. Spent last night on the white phone in the upright position. I was not calling Ralph.

I get most of my seeds from one place, they have a great selection and are really cool people...if you need a recc PM me, not putting it public. Got a nice little package today from them, 2 day shipping, free coozie, 2 packs of king papers and some free AK47 fem seeds...haha....the ak I am growing now was a freebie from them as well, but marked as auto, guess they corrected that.

The HSO LKH and sensi sweet thai just had descriptions I could not resist. The diamond girl is supposedly a 14 thc/almost 4 cbd combo. Dunno on the others. Although after looking at C99 grows and a cali connection grow, the next crack will be a Cali Connection C99.

CO2 stuff
Did a little test on the tent, killed vent from 2-5, we settled around 85 with the lights at 170w. Tomorrow I need to get CO2 cyl filled....no driving today. I think I am going to seal around the floor of the closet and door. Going to start with a low CO2 around 500 and a high around 1000 ppm. Not going to seal the tent in hopes that it works it's way outside the tent and has some impact on the plants vegging in the closet outside the tent. The tent will still pull air from the closet and expire out the ceiling. I need to park my ass in the tent closet and observe the co2 ranges and how quickly the controller cycles the regulator. Should be up by this weekend.

The two clones that I took 3 days ago look like shit. Going to try another of the AK from the upper part of the plant tomorrow in light warrior.

Not watering today, letting them all dry out some. Next time I crack AK seeds I need to do 4-5 of them. I think I can do these little plants in 3 gallons and have decent results.

WW and RD are enjoying their time under the new light. This little veg light from timber is just awesome for a small space and a shitton of light. Barely any heat off of the sink.

I always edit posts to add info after I post photos...so it does not hurt to re-visit the last post if it has a few paragraphs mo'

The ColoradoCookies will go into light warrior tomrrow as well.

I actually like HSO blocks, they stack well and don't slide all over the place.

Thanks for the head's up but I'd never do that if you hadn't mentioned it ;).

Sealing the room off from the CO2 would be recommended by people who don't want to die of carbon dioxide poisoning for sure. And glad your scoping went well. Hope you get the all clear on that end.

I don't think a 5# CO2 container is going to produce a buildup in this house. But the theme for the rest of the year is 'start sLOW'

Ran a big ole bath, tuned in the psyc music show stream, went and smoked a pretty tightly packed one hitter (bout pencil eraser size) slowly over 20 minutes, enjoying it, counting to 5 each hit.

I can confirm my tolerance has reset and I am more lit than i've been in months.

AK47 (A?wtf) - Day 64
White Widow (PFem) - Day 27
HSO Raspberry Diesel(PFem) - Day 8
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (A) - in soil today

Coolant all over the garage this morning, so jacking with a hose today.

I pull the two clones, they looked like ass and were wilted. Not worth trying to nurse. The AK is pretty darn mature...older plants are more difficult imo. I am on the fence about trying another clone right now, I like the shape and layout of the AK, so will probably put in in bloom at 11 hours sometime this weekend.

I mixed up some Seaplex .5ml and Big Bloom 1.5ml to a liter. pH slightly around 6 to get the cookies started. I gave a few ml to the tiny little RD bc it was pretty dry.

Here's the CC going into the soil. I bought some mykos and used it pretty liberally this time, I need to throw the remainder of the package in my soil mixing container. Prob will crack another auto this weekend.

I only seem to clone old plants so that may be my problem.

And it's hard to take clones off a plant you have in the perfect shape, so as long as you have the (correctly marked) seeds you might as well start from scratch and grab the clones when they're young.

I'm undecided about running autos again this winter. I can't put anything under the light in the shed until all the photos are harvested, which means I wouldn't be starting until late October.

Sorry to hear about the coolant.

shed-You can't throw an auto in there at 12 and just let it go with the bloomers? Might be a good experiment to see if the light schedule is a limiting factor for you-grow a plant at 12 you have grown before differently.

I am done buying autos. I like the health of photos better. Unless it's something wicked.

200 buck pump. They seem to crap every 150K.

I am going to flip and drop this weekend. The AK is healthy, and realistically, it's nothing but additional risk to keep it in veg-it's not going to get that much larger-as the roots seem pretty big at this point. It can have all the room and privacy it needs to do it's thing.

Also making some tweaks to CO2 and trying an exhale bag. Going to see if the simpler route works first. The controller I bought also controls the fan on/off if CO2 gets past a certain point. Figure I will try this route first as the exhale bag is for exactly 288 cu feet, and that is the cu footage of the 6x6x8 closet the tent sits in. I have all the stuff to vapor barrier the room if necessary in the garage. Little steps first.

The sun determines the hours of light. They go into the shed to guarantee 12 hours of darkness. Basically the same way I flowered the AK-47.

I see. How much daylight outside do you have now.

It appears that the c99 stuff I have are autos. That is up next.

AK47 (A?wtf) - Day 65, Bloom 2
White Widow (PFem) - Day 28
HSO Raspberry Diesel(PFem) - Day 9
Dutch Passion Colorado Cookies (A) - in soil

I flipped the tent to 11.5 hours. I am going to try to remember to turn on the reds the last hour each day. Right now the AK is getting 175w of 3500K, plus an hour of the Osram reds before lights out-I think their 660nm, but not sure. Not much going on today...I ended up giving the rest of the seaplex mixture to the AK yesterday late. It was not very strong, so we will count that as a minor watering.

I read that a shorter lights on period can make plants stretch more. I've also read that using the far red light the last hour tricks the plant into doing something where the grower can then lengthen the daylight cycle to 13-13.5 hours/day. End result is larger buds bc of 1.5 hours more of flower wattage. Thinking of trying this because I have one plant in there.

CO2 updates - I added one of those large exhale CO2 bags, and my CO2 monitor went from about 380ppm (room without co2) to about 580ppm with the door open, and around 700ppm with the door shut and the vent on the lowest it will go. The bag is rated for up to my cubic feet in the closet. This bag is not a bad solution at all, albeit with downsides-it will put off a smell, we have a chemical and physical reaction occurring that will involve decay, and that could attract bugs. I did get a cylinder filled, but want to play with the bag for a few days. The vent on low, my tent temps seem to be hitting around 84 yesterday when it was 105 out. This might be doable.

The White Widow looks pretty good under the new veg light. I am running the light about 2.5 feet off the RD and WW and run it on the lowest setting till I get out of bed in the morning then I crank it till I crash. Both of them are on 18/6.

Went to the grow store....chatted a bit about co2 and found out they will refill tanks for next to nothing. He said it was 20 bucks a fill for up to three tanks no more than 20# tanks. Thats quite a steal. Ended up buying a bluepen. Going to see if this is easier than the two cheaper pins I have tossed out.

Rider did some research on reds and ended up running his lights 13/11 in flower by adding like 10 mins of red after lights out. The spectrum was very specific though but I can't remember what the nm was. I'll see if I can find it in his thread.

[edit: He ran 14/10 in flower and used GrowMau5 night lights. Read this, this (key phrase: "The use of only far red after lights out is different than the Emerson Effect. It accelerates the end of day reactions in the plant"), and this, and the long discussion here.]

I am going to hit those links before I change anything past the 11.5 and an hour of extra reds (from 10.5-11.5). At this point the only thing the red may do is give me nanna's. 220w their last hour will not hurt it.

I do appreciat the links, and I also appreciate someone who has done something prior to me.

I've had the co2 tank running since about 3. I have it set to come on below 800, and shut off at 1K. There is a lag to it that is manageable, and using the lowest flow setting I can dial on the regulator, it takes about 30 seconds to dump in the tent, my max co2 reading in the tent after set is about 1600ppm. It takes about 10 minutes to cycle (<800)with the vent on my normal setting, below 800ppm, and it kicks on again. The tent walls are sucked in, so there is negative pressure.

My bedroom readings were about 380 before doing this, they have increased to about 450ppm.

Tank gets shut off at night for safety.

The plant actually looks very excited about this....it's pretty perky today and I did not do anything to it since last night.

AK47 (A) - Day 57
White Widow (PFem) - Day 20
HSO Raspberry Diesel (PFem) - Day 1
HSO og Kush (A) - soak

Now Playing - War "The World is a Ghetto"

Welcome Big Sparks and I am happy to see Master found the new thread!

Peeked into the tent this morning and was greeted by the tiny HSO Raspberry Diesel. It's barely peeking out of the seed starter, I moistened the surface with some Pro-Tekt spray. Seedhead is still under the soil but it's a portion of the leaves we are seeing. So this is excellent news. I will have two PFems to clone.

AK is looking more female lately, I generally think AK are pretty compact plants, and this one looks pretty leaf wise, but I really don't see how it's going to support much, but that is what the stretch is for.

The WW already looks better in real soil vs seed starter. Seed starter is fine, but it's pretty neutral, real soil helps.
looking forward to that raspberry diesel. Full smoke report needed, all in good time of course :) ima get caught up here. Dunno why i wasnt here already lol

Welcome Bilbo!

Photos tomorrow, of all the new shit. Soaking a Cali Connection seed as well. Believe it's a C99. Details tomorrow. Need to make my stoned rounds tonight.
Ive got a c99xblueberry bean here. Not going in for a lil while tho. Ive just chucked a load of autos in to germ :p

Back
Top Bottom