Noob's Very First Grow - All Help Welcome 2x Purple Kush w/CFL's

Day_319.JPG

Day 3

Personally never grown either of those purple, but have smoked them both, grand daddy all the way! Some of the best buds I have ever had no doubt! Just stopping in to say hello Buddah! Girls are looking good did a quick scan through a few pages :Namaste: Are you planning on doing any training on your girls, lst, super cropping? And I see the same droopiness with new transplanted clones, just try to take as much care and placement and you can when messing with them, water them good right after transplant and let them be fore a good 2-3 days. You will see sagging but that is them working on their roots :) Keep up the good work pal! :peace: CA215

Thx for the tips... I've topped one of them waiting for the new shoots... I'm going to leave one be... The third I might lst... What's super cropping ? What do you recommend
Depends on how tall your flowering room will be, keep in mind that your plants are going to stretch 2 times the size they are once flipped to flower schedule, if not 3x as big. This would be an issue if you were growing in a small cabinet area with reduced space. Looks like you are in a room right now for veg, planning on getting a tent or blocking off an area for flowering? I just finished my first indoor grow and went with both LST and supercrop.. LST is mad easy, Light Sensitive Training, where you simply drill a hole on the top side of your 5 gal and tie a string to your girl and bend her over, thus exposing all your lower growth to your lights. There are a few more things you do before hand as spinning the stem bit, back and forth between your fingers to loosen up the cell wall, it ill let you bend her a lot easier without breaking the stem. Supercropping takes some time to get the hang of, but what you do is damage the inner cell wall by snapping her on the inside, she heals back up to allow even more nutrients through the new healed spot than before. Also a good way to move big branches out of the way if they are locking too much lower growth. Finally figured out my technique and I don't break the stems outer wall anymore. I highly suggest searching youtube or google, I seem to learn quick if I just watch a video of someone else going it right. Hope some of this jabber helps ya out Buddah :blunt:

another question I buried the rockwool cube about 2 1/2 inches in soil. Should I have left it kind poking out the top of the soil?

a lot of people bury their plants deeper when they first transplant them. I have too. I think the only real difference on that aspect is...
If you don't bury them that deep and you put a small layer of hydroton over the surface of your soil...the roots will grow up and fill more space in your bucket. There is supposed to be so much lost space in your container grow from roots not growing up to the surface...and also, it helps keep the soil moisture longer and covers the media from light and algae issues... :thumb:

Day_11_2_gallon_B.JPG

2 Gallon Day 11

Buddha,,, kind of watch your plant stems , branches, leaves or just basically anything from the plant~ Touching stuff, like the soil sides of pots and your hands as well. You could be opening yourself up to all kinds of nasties. Just like if you trim a leaf, get it out of the grow room. I use to just throw them down into the pot ... dirty habits cause dirty problems... :trance:

I've heard you need to wear gloves every time you go and mess with your plants due to the oils on our human hands. I tend to just wash my hands before and after working with the girls. Wearing latex gloves in my mind would definitely help out. When leaves sit on the soil to long they seem to wither away and die, but I have noticed if you bury a leaf, the piece that was buried stays bright green! Weirdest thing but I try to avoid my leaves hitting or touching anything as mango stated :Namaste: I've never used LED, only seen it in use a couple times around here. I know the people who have made the switch love it though. I started my grow on a budget but then noticed if you want quality meds and a quality yield you need to spend the money on the top notch equipment, not saying we can't make due with a budget :) And for the tent, I used a 4x4 myself for my first grow, veg and flower in the same place. It worked very well, the one thing I would like to point out where I went wrong is your exhaust fan, I picked up a 440cfm inline thinking it would be more than enough... not atttt alllllll... If you can find a decent inline fan that kicks out over 600+cfm I would really recommend getting it. I think most of my issues I had came from bad circulation, with a kickass exhaust you will be gravy :high-five: Goodmornin' Buddah :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom