OldMedman Goes Indoors

High omm you can use both lights no problem,just keep in mind when you flip to 12/12 that those plants will double[indica's] & sometimes triple [sativa's] in hieght.Also what I have found is that by holding your hand at plant canopy with lights on if its comfotable for you after a min.or two you should be fine no leaf burn hope this helps;) :goodluck:

:thumb:Hello Everyone and Welcome to my 5th grow! :thumb:

This is totally new for me growing inside, so I will be learning as we go.

Now let us get into the nuts and bolts.

I should be telling you all the following Information according to 420's Forum guidelines.

Is it Indicia, Sativa , What SeedBank ?

Here is the list of what I'll be growing for the first go round, I hope to make this a perpetual or on going grow.

Critical + A mix for sativa and indicia from Dnafim

Kandy Kush Another mix from Reserva Privada

Bubblelicious Another mix from Nirvana Seeds

Frisen Dew Another mix from Dutch Passion Seeds

The Church Another mix from Green House Seeds

Sour Cream Another mix from DNA Seeds

Blueberry Another mix from Dutch Passion Seeds

Wild Thai Another mix from The world Of Seeds

Everyone is a cross, but most are Indicia dominant

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All are in veg at the moment

Indoor or outdoor? Indoors..

Soil or Hydro? This will be a soil grow.

I will be using only Fox Farm Happy Frog soil..

What size pot? They will all be in Airpots. 3.7, 4.2, and 5.2 gallon in size

The AirPots information cane be found here. Be sure to watch all the videos so you will understand how they work

PH of media? I will try to keep the pH level between 6 and 6.3 measured by runoff.

Any Pests ? No pests so far.

How often are you watering? When the pots feel dry.

Type of nutes used?

From Botanicare:
Silica Blast
Cal-Mag

Other Nutes and additions
Gravity
OC+

I may do comparison grows of several plants. My regular way vs BioBiz Organic Nutes.

I asked BioBiz for samples and the president of the company sent me their complete line.
All one liter sizes. That is an expensive gift and I feel I should replay the favor by doing a comparison grow between their nutes and my regular way.. The entire line is organic.

This ends the first part of the introduction......Part Two coming up next The Pictures and details.

How are you my friend....I just finished a Blueberry from Dutch passion that was just a shit strain...Maybe it was something I did wrong, but I wasn't impressed...On the other hand...the kandy Kush that is in its last week is awesome from Reserva Privada and I know this because I already tested it...They were both started at the same time and did nothing different to them...I was just really upset with the Blueberry...I think you have that "touch" though so I'm sure I will see better come from you...At least I hope so...Good luck and I have to catch up on some reading on your journal...It grows so damn fast I can't keep up...You are very inspiring to us novice growers and hope to learn more from this grow like I did in your last one.....Talk again soon...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

i am very happy to hear your still at it omm. did you end up having to run new electric lines? i remember when you first started a few years back. you had some electrical load issues. i know you will kick this grow in the but so i wont even bother saying good luck your way beyond that. another ? for you thou is this your first go around with the dp blueberry i grew that for a little over a year killer bud with shitty yeild. i think i may of just had a shitty pheno thou. i thought aobut getting new beans of it. but would like to hear about some other peoples experience with it. by the way i am really loving the kandy kush. def top notch

Hi OMM, guess I'm sitting in the bleachers, but that'll happen when late to the party. Lots of great strains and looks like a great setup once you get that second light sparked up.

Good luck!!:cheer:

I agree with the HPS to be the all around light, especially the hortilux... I have had atleast a dozen successful grows with just this bulb alone... Only advantage the MH has is better blue spectrums which gives you a LITTLE more veg growth in about a 10-15% shorter period...And you are right on that blueberry, she grows SOOO well under the sun, but shortening veg just a little should help fix the vertical growth problem...

Thank you my Friend. :)

Actually, I'm having a terrible time getting any bulb to burn in the other socket.
Been fooling with it all day with no luck. Checked all the breakers and they are OK. Is there any thing inside the shade/socket that could fail?

I can see it now...8 plants under one light with CFLs hanging everywhere. :smokin: I probably should put them in flower. That Blueberry is still growing even with very little light.
Any ideas?

The blueberry will stretch even more when you go to 12/12 flower...may want to throw it now and let it go ahead and start budding...don't forget to take clones first :D

Hi Buddy! :)
I know that BB will stretch like crazy in flower. Right now I'm just trying to get everything working and not having too much luck. Send me some good vibes. :yummy:

plants r look n good omm....id just throw the hortilux in ....better spectrum...19 " is good 2 start lowering it down few inches a day ... :roorrip:

Hi SS !:thumb:

Totally have problems with the second light, can't get any light to work in it.
Will keep trying, Thanks for the distance info. ;)

We've 2...
G%& D%!# Cat , and F%!#ing Cat ....
both were feral babies, and both think the plants are for eating the leaves off of, and then throwing them up in high traffic areas of the house

Yep! :rofl::rofl::ganjamon:

Thank you my Friend. :)

Actually, I'm having a terrible time getting any bulb to burn in the other socket.
Been fooling with it all day with no luck. Checked all the breakers and they are OK. Is there any thing inside the shade/socket that could fail?

I can see it now...8 plants under one light with CFLs hanging everywhere. :smokin: I probably should put them in flower. That Blueberry is still growing even with very little light.
Any ideas?
:nicethread:

Maybe the contacts are burnt up? If it's an older ballast it may have brass contacts, as we all know don't hold up well in humid environments, as I have replaced countless basement lights in clients houses...If everything else on that circuit functions correctly, then problem if surely in the ballast or socket. Of course there are also alot of problems around where the cord enters to and from the ballast and socket, those areas are known to fail and cause shorts!!

Haven't dont the CFL thing yet, but I have seen some beautiful heavenly colas off them on here :yummy: As far as the blueberry goes, there are so many corrupted phenos going around!! Maybe have to jump her into flower and just take a hit on the yield, for they love that good veg...:peacetwo:

THIS THIS THIS OMM! :)

I totally think you should take a cutting from your BB. It's just gorgeous, and just think... You take a cutting, lose a little height and get some more horizontal growth... :slide:
It would give the others time to catch up too..

Unless you are throwing them in flower now... I thought you had said you wanted to put them there right after the tent is set up, but all this talk of MH I guess you changed your mind! Maybe take a clone and after it heals you can send them to 12/12... ? But I know you like starting from seeds... So I wont push it!

OKAY! lemme try this...:hmmmm:

The Ol' Med Man Doesn't Grow weeds
Only satisfied when growing TREES
Not your normal garden varie-tees
keepin' it real, with his little ladies.

Am I doing this right? I'll leave the rhyming to our local word professor the Propa Gator! :biglaugh:

JEEZ, look how excited everyone was for your new journal! Already on page 6! :high-five:

Hello THsea !;)

Man, you should have stayed here a few more days and helped me with these lights! They are giving me fits.

Things have changed as far as my plans go. If I can get the lights going, I will switch to flower fast as I can. It's now about saving what I can. I'll think about clones some other time.

I think you did OK on the poem. Actually pretty good. But Mr. Gator is the best. :Namaste:

Hi SS !:thumb:

Totally have problems with the second light, can't get any light to work in it.
Will keep trying, Thanks for the distance info. ;)

Hi OMM - like many others I'd agree that to have the second light running with the HPS would be a good thing. Now, if we can just get it running, huh?

Have you checked all connections to ballast so that nothings loosened up? Is there a breaker that tripped on the ballast (they usually have them, too). Bulb secure? Unless the ballast is bad, or there is a loose wire in the mogul socket I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

Is it on a separate house circuit from the other (working) lamp? Can you switch plugs so that you are plugging the non-working lamp into the one you KNOW works?

On another note, the tent looks AWESOME! It's so big, and I'm SO jealous!! You are really going to have a great set-up, and those temps are very encouraging for you. :thumb:

Looking good my friend. I miss my Blueberry - when it was all budded out it was a beautiful plant. Hoping you got one of the no-nonsense phenos! :yummy:

Oh OMM I'm so happy for you! Those are some really beautiful plants! Great job and congraulations on getting everything together so well. Sorry to hear about the light, wish I could chime in more about the MH vs HPS, but it would be interesting to see a side by side, and that way you could add that info to your spread sheet!! Ha ha, I know you just want to do it right though. I do agree that a mixed spectrum would be fine, but if uniformity is a priority then maybe you should just get another MH....I'm really interested in that Thai, and, um, one other I cant remember now!!:tokin: Great pics though, thank you for taking all that time to do that!!
Much love and respect-QUIX

Hi Quix. :clap::clap:

Well Old friend, it's a challenge at the moment. Getting the lights to work is priority number one. Have to save my girls. Then I'll worry about the SS. :)
Trying not to panic. I set cross legged and chant.....OMM....OMM....OMM.
Hope it works. :adore::adore:

High omm you can use both lights no problem,just keep in mind when you flip to 12/12 that those plants will double[indica's] & sometimes triple [sativa's] in hieght.Also what I have found is that by holding your hand at plant canopy with lights on if its comfotable for you after a min.or two you should be fine no leaf burn hope this helps;) :goodluck:

Thank You My Friend, :)

I've learned allot about these lights the past few days...believe me. With all the great help here and reading like crazy. Just think, outside I wanted them to stretch! Thanks for the hand info. If I ever get the bastards to both light up. :Rasta:

How are you my friend....I just finished a Blueberry from Dutch passion that was just a shit strain...Maybe it was something I did wrong, but I wasn't impressed...On the other hand...the kandy Kush that is in its last week is awesome from Reserva Privada and I know this because I already tested it...They were both started at the same time and did nothing different to them...I was just really upset with the Blueberry...I think you have that "touch" though so I'm sure I will see better come from you...At least I hope so...Good luck and I have to catch up on some reading on your journal...It grows so damn fast I can't keep up...You are very inspiring to us novice growers and hope to learn more from this grow like I did in your last one.....Talk again soon...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi There willoby. :)

You must have had a bad pheno with your Blueberry. xlr8 Grew a beauty in his last grow...even had a Blueberry taste.
Kandy Kush in one of my favorites too. This is my third one. Brother we will be learning together on this one. Will get it all straighted out soon..I hope! :cheer:

i am very happy to hear your still at it omm. did you end up having to run new electric lines? i remember when you first started a few years back. you had some electrical load issues. i know you will kick this grow in the but so i wont even bother saying good luck your way beyond that. another ? for you thou is this your first go around with the dp blueberry i grew that for a little over a year killer bud with shitty yeild. i think i may of just had a shitty pheno thou. i thought aobut getting new beans of it. but would like to hear about some other peoples experience with it. by the way i am really loving the kandy kush. def top notch

Hi Buddy. ;)
Yep, still at it. I had an electrician come over and look at the wiring and he gave me the OK. Tested everything...said I had the amps I need to do everything with. However I am having problems getting one light to work.
Probably something so simple that I'm overlooking it. I have one of the good Blueberry's, now to keep it alive. Kandy Kush is a favorite too :high-five:

Hi OMM, guess I'm sitting in the bleachers, but that'll happen when late to the party. Lots of great strains and looks like a great setup once you get that second light sparked up.

Good luck!!:cheer:

Hi My Buddy Mmmmick !:) Thanks for looking in. No bleachers for you! Saved you a good seat.
Having a hell of a time sparking the second light. Will work on it until it's up and running. I have to! Damn new fangled things! :thumb:

:nicethread:

Maybe the contacts are burnt up? If it's an older ballast it may have brass contacts, as we all know don't hold up well in humid environments, as I have replaced countless basement lights in clients houses...If everything else on that circuit functions correctly, then problem if surely in the ballast or socket. Of course there are also alot of problems around where the cord enters to and from the ballast and socket, those areas are known to fail and cause shorts!!

Haven't dont the CFL thing yet, but I have seen some beautiful heavenly colas off them on here :yummy: As far as the blueberry goes, there are so many corrupted phenos going around!! Maybe have to jump her into flower and just take a hit on the yield, for they love that good veg...:peacetwo:

The ballasts are digital and brand new...everything is brand new. Sold the farm to get the best. When I was forced inside, I grew the best Lucy I have ever smoked with nothing but CFLs, so they do good. Going to start from scratch in the morning and go over every little thing. I will probably do all the connections again and again to see if I can find the problem. No new grow is without problems, just a matter of finding them. If nothing else I have one light!. :high-five:

Hi OMM - like many others I'd agree that to have the second light running with the HPS would be a good thing. Now, if we can just get it running, huh?

Have you checked all connections to ballast so that nothings loosened up? Is there a breaker that tripped on the ballast (they usually have them, too). Bulb secure? Unless the ballast is bad, or there is a loose wire in the mogul socket I'm not sure what else could be wrong.

Is it on a separate house circuit from the other (working) lamp? Can you switch plugs so that you are plugging the non-working lamp into the one you KNOW works?

On another note, the tent looks AWESOME! It's so big, and I'm SO jealous!! You are really going to have a great set-up, and those temps are very encouraging for you. :thumb:

Looking good my friend. I miss my Blueberry - when it was all budded out it was a beautiful plant. Hoping you got one of the no-nonsense phenos! :yummy:

Hi Ya xlr8 !:thumb:
Thanks for all the suggestions...you said a few things that I have not tried yet. First thing in the morning will start from scratch and try em all. To pooped at the moment. Guaranteed I will put them in flower immediately. Since this a first run, I don't want to take any chances of them growing too tall. What I learn will help in the next run. The wait for the lights to come on and to cool down when switched off is a pain in the butt. I'll get used to it. Sure slows testing down. Glad I'm retired and have the time to do this. :high-five: Also glad I have stash to hold me over. :party:

Xlr8 has a good idea on the fuse in the ballast:thumb:, forgot to mention that one, check it before the other areas I mentioned!!:goodjob:

Will do my friend...thanks for all your help! You personify the spirit of 420! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom