OregonGrown's First Attempt - Soil - Bag Seed - Mars2

It had been since Monday when she had water last and she was bone dry. She was droopy! Watered here good and before I left she still wasn't perked up. Not as droopy but still not where she was. I am out of town for the weekend so hopefully Sunday night she will be better! Sorry, I didn't take a picture.

Well, I watered her Friday before we left for the weekend. She hadn't had water since Monday and was feeling quite dry and light. We got back in town Sunday and I took a peek and she was still droopy. She has grown a touch but it seems something isn't right. Here is a picture. The RH has been adjusted up to the 50%+ range.
droopy9.jpg

If you would like a picture out of the LED and in more natural light I can do that!

I did not check the ph of the run off. I watered with 6.5 ph'd water. The last time I watered the run off was around 6.3-6.5. Hard to tell exactly what it was with the drops method!
Also, I just measured and the distance to the light is 18". Too close? I turned the bloom portion off to see if that would help and has made no difference.

That all sounds good. It may just be a bit hungry. I started mine out around then with half strength kelp blast by "supreme growers". 2.5g per 5gal. Then once that dried out I feed them. A light nutrient feeding by fox farm grow big might not hurt. Half strength and see how they respond.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes that will do well! I run zen blend myself, cut with botanicare coco. Love the mix. 1 part zen blend two parts coco. Just keep humidity up around 65% leaves will lift a bit more

Try holding the pot upside down supporting the plant and just give a quick check pulling the pot off the root ball to see if you see roots swirling or all over the place. I think it just really needs a little food.

So, I put a top dressing of Zen Blend and watered just a touch to get some nutes in the soil. Gonna see where this gets me. The soil was still pretty damp from Sunday nights watering. I added 2 shot glasses of water to leach the nutes from the Zen Blend into the root ball. If this doesn't perk her up I will pull the solo cup tomorrow and look at the roots. If they are growing like mad I have 2 gallon fabric pots to transplant them into. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!
OG79

Just my opinion... Back the light back to 30". Give her a little more time to fill out that cup and then transplant her to the next sized pot. I hear talk of "she looks hungry". What deficiency are you seeing that tells you that? The general leaf appearance says she's not happy. If it's not too much/little water, it's temperature or light. Keep having fun and learning! Good job

Nothing was showing deficiency Spitz, I just wondered if she may have outgrown her home! I didn't water from Monday till Friday last week and she was dry. She started drooping on Friday so I watered her before I left for the weekend. She showed no improvement over the weekend other that drying out again. The soil was still moist today when I got home so I decided, on the advice of my local grow shop to just add a small top dressing and see if that helped. BTW, they said my LED was not a good choice and I should upgrade to a LEC!!! Sorry, thats not going to happen any time soon!!! I put a light top dressing of Zen Blend on top and watered slightly to see what happens. If that doesn't help, I will be raising the light back up and seeing what that does! I don't think its temp or overwatering. I waited till she dried out and the temps have never exceeded 84f. Humidity has been hovering around 55% and I think that is a good range. Hopefully, before bed tonight I will have pictures of her all perked up and happy again. Till then, its time to get the boat going! Its trout season and I do love me some fish!!!
OG79

Yes, still droopy as of this morning. I will take a look at the roots tonight if it's still droopy when I get home. I figure the top dressing I put on last night would help but it may take a while? I will take a pic tonight and show you all the progress or lack thereof! She is still producing new growth so maybe I just have a weird droopy pheno?!!!

Well, I finally made it home tonight. First thing I did was pop her outta the solo cup and take a peek at her roots. This is what I found!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Roots105.jpg

So, I had a 2 gallon fabric pot already for her, and am enjoying a cocktail before I give her a new home.
Hoping some of you will respond and let me know this is the right thing to do!!
OG79

Back
Top Bottom