OTM's DIY Bubble Cloning & Sprouting 40 Year Old Seeds & Current RDWC Harvest

She turned out pretty nice plant. I hope she'll smoke better than she looks.

OTM, Haley's colors look great. You have to be proud you made it all the way to the end. Now next time see if you can speed it up just a little, 40 years is a long dam time to wait for a harvest.

I'll save the congrats until she's down OTM, but great job making it this far. This will be a chop for the ages. Really hope things work as planned with the spraying - it would be amazing to see you take the next step.

2-1-18 Update;

Big Update with a few photos!

First I will start out with the Widow Harvest/Cure, I pulled the last of the bigger nug's out of the Dank Fridge and jarred it all up, my RH was a constant 65% so with burping in the next few weeks it will get down to the 60-62% range.

I have fresh batteries in the scale and this it that huge top cola after the low & slow;

ebay_2-1-18_151.JPG

ebay_2-1-18_153.JPG

ebay_2-1-18_150.JPG

It is almost 3/4 of an ounce without breaking it down, snipping the stems will lose some but it still should be a good 1/2 oz of frosty goodness!:drool:

I will be taking Hayley down Saturday morning, she is now in the veg tent enjoying the darkness, read somewhere that is supposed to help...how I don't know but it have me a good opertunity to introduce the other clones to the LED's. Another reason I moved everything is I plan on drying Hayley the old fashion way...seems like a fitting way to do it.

This is the "sample" nug I took from one of the lowers on Hayley a few days ago, this will be the prep for a bittersweet morning...will even break out the old Meerschaum for the event!:smokin:

ebay_2-1-18_161.JPG

Here is the Maui that I am not using the Colloidal Silver on, she is looks to be stacking well, so far not a lot of stretch but its eary yet. No signs of pollen sacks on the other one, from what I have read 3 weeks seems to be the norm for development to start so I hope to see something in the next 10-12 days.

ebay_2-1-18_168.JPG

ebay_2-1-18_167.JPG

ebay_2-1-18_166.JPG

The cloning project is looking pretty normal, starting to see some of the fans yellow, no signs of roots yet but it is early, should start to see something in a few days.

ebay_2-1-18_170.JPG

The plants that were in veg are now starting the first day of transition in the flower room, the front row from left to righ are Widow, Maui, Widow, and the back row is Widow & the Maui that I plan of pollinating when the sacks finish.

ebay_2-1-18_171.JPG

I will have a harvest report and sample report Saturday or Sunday! :thanks::passitleft:

How are you gonna dry and cure? I'm two weeks from my first harvest and looking for advice so I don't screw it up.

As Dobe stated I usually dry it in the "Dank fridge" using the low & slow method, but this time I will dry it the old fashion way, hanging in the veg tent with a fan circulating the air for a few days until I get a good "snap" on the stems. One it gets to that point I will start jarring and burping till I get the RH in the 60-65% range.

Back in the old days I would hang the whole plant but for this one I need the main stalk for a Phylos testing sample so I wll just cut the stems off and hang them upside down.

If you have a dedicated fridge, low and slow is the way to go, I use beer & pop flats and lay the buds out with space between them, cover the flat with a paper towel and daily flip the buds for the next 10-14 days. When I am getting close to the final couple days, I will jar up a quart jar about 3/4 full and put a small temp/humidity meter in the jar and let it set out at room temp for 1-1/2 hours to check my moisture level. Once it gets down to the 60-65% range I remove the buds from the fridge and finish the cure in the quart jars with a 62% Boveda pack in the jar burping daily for the next 2-3 weeks and after that once a week for the next 3-4 weeks.

You want to have your fridge temp around 40-42 degrees and try to keep the RH in there in the 30-35% range. You also don't want any food in that fridge, only things that are sealed in jars or cans because it gets pretty smelly in there and your food will taste like weed.:laughtwo:

If you are going to dry it in the tent, you want your tent temps in the 60's and your RH in the high 20's low 30's with a gentle breeze circulating in there, it will take a week to get the bigger stems to snap, once that happens, jar them up and do the same as the low & slow untill you get to that 60-65% range.

9-1_008.JPG

I really like the colors of that nug from Haley. Looking forward to the smoke report.

I wonder when the last time any seed from Haley's mother was germinated.

If it's anything like that Widow main cola OTM posted Scrog, I completely understand. That's a thing of beauty OTM. And if the stems are dry I bet you won't lose too much weight.

If not the shot you posted OTM, you have to enter a shot of a Haley nug with the meerschaum pipe in the background into nug of the month. You have until the 15th I guess, so plenty of time to dry her. The nicest nug with the meerschaum in the background would have to be a nug of the month favourite.

Great write up on the Dank Fridge, I of course copied your beer flat idea to deal with potential condensation in the fridge as well. I don't have a self-defrosting fridge and have managed things successfully without any condensation issues by being careful.

If it's anything like that Widow main cola OTM posted Scrog, I completely understand. That's a thing of beauty OTM. And if the stems are dry I bet you won't lose too much weight.

If not the shot you posted OTM, you have to enter a shot of a Haley nug with the meerschaum pipe in the background into nug of the month. You have until the 15th I guess, so plenty of time to dry her. The nicest nug with the meerschaum in the background would have to be a nug of the month favourite.

Great write up on the Dank Fridge, I of course copied your beer flat idea to deal with potential condensation in the fridge as well. I don't have a self-defrosting fridge and have managed things successfully without any condensation issues by being careful.

I wish I would have had fresh batteries on hand so I could have weighed it wet... would have given me a good idea on the % of shrinkage/moisture.

I will have to post up some of my other pipes I have collected over the years...some are quite interesting. The beer flats work great, just cover it with a 3 full sheets of paper towel...enough to tuck under each end of the flat...makes turning them so much simpler and allows you to make sure they are not stuck together like the get in the bags.:high-five:

Did you let those Trichs go full amber? So much sticky, carmely, orangey, goodness. It's just caked on to those buds! You have set the bar very high! I hope I can at least equal the look but my girls won't be that tall.

:goodjob::thumb::welldone::bravo:

:jawdropper::morenutes::adore::partyboy::yummy:

The last check showed 100% cloudy with about 25% amber, its probably in the 35% now near the end of flush, I expect it to get a little darker when it is cured.

I had noticed the colors on this plant early in flower, the hairs tended to be more Orange/Yellow and instead of sticking straight up in all directions, they looked like a really curly pube that just curled up around the calyx...going to be interesting to see what yours do.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom