Overlord's Adventures With High Brix

The bottle's all I have to be a friend of mine
since my Stella's gone
I might as well get Stoned

Chris Stapleton
might as well get stoned
Love me some Chris Stapleton! Dude can sing his ass off!

24 Week strain??? WTF over???

Sorry, I know its an older post but trying to catch up from the beginning OL.

Yeah here is the description

DOUBLE ZAMAL

The Double Zamal of Underground Seeds Collective is a hybrid of two lineages of Zamal , a family of cannabis plants Landrace Reunion .
Meeting between a strain of Zamal harvested in Mafate in 1980 and a line of Mauritius shared by Lasko, this 100% Sativa hybrid will grow with a very strong vigor.
Its Sativa character translates into a branched and slender structure, very fine leaves and a flowering period of 18 to 24 weeks . Once in bloom, Double Zamal will grow for another 6 to 8 weeks ( Stretch ).
Its heads, rather compact for a Sativa plant, will offer a generous harvest and exude a floral , herbaceous, spicy and enriched with fruity notes. Its effect is cerebral and energetic , and more relaxed in some phenotypes.
Features of Double Zamal from Underground Seeds Collective:
Name: Double Zamal
Type: regular cannabis seeds
Genetics: Zamal Mafate 80's Mauricio Lasko
100% Sativa
Flowering Time: 18 to 24 weeks
THC content: NC
Production: medium to high

Interesting talk about the soil eating seeds. I had a bin of first run that I kept aside for the one-gallon pots and I had very little issue with losing seeds once I stayed true to that.

Doc uses Rapid Rooters for cloning, but I use them for seed starts for my hempies, and they’re fantastic for that purpose.

I found myself wondering why you didn’t simply try something like this m’lord?

Duggan taught me to use the chenille craft sticks. Those things are good for so many things in a Canna garden.

I’m all caught up now m’lord. They’re roaring into glory under your care. Nice to have Graytail on hand to advise, isn’t it? Without him I’d have failed miserably and given up sooner.

Yeah here is the description

DOUBLE ZAMAL

The Double Zamal of Underground Seeds Collective is a hybrid of two lineages of Zamal , a family of cannabis plants Landrace Reunion .
Meeting between a strain of Zamal harvested in Mafate in 1980 and a line of Mauritius shared by Lasko, this 100% Sativa hybrid will grow with a very strong vigor.
Its Sativa character translates into a branched and slender structure, very fine leaves and a flowering period of 18 to 24 weeks . Once in bloom, Double Zamal will grow for another 6 to 8 weeks ( Stretch ).
Its heads, rather compact for a Sativa plant, will offer a generous harvest and exude a floral , herbaceous, spicy and enriched with fruity notes. Its effect is cerebral and energetic , and more relaxed in some phenotypes.
Features of Double Zamal from Underground Seeds Collective:
Name: Double Zamal
Type: regular cannabis seeds
Genetics: Zamal Mafate 80's Mauricio Lasko
100% Sativa
Flowering Time: 18 to 24 weeks
THC content: NC
Production: medium to high
Craziness.....thats 6 months in flower! Could be interesting. If I had the space, I would try it!

I am really considering it. Planning it actually. I think Graytails observations on his golden tiger x old timers haze would work with this strain. I don't remember where he posted it but basically he flowered it in a smaller pot until bud set so with this strain about 8 weeks in then transplanted it to it's final pot to finish. This keeps the plant manageable in size and gives fresh soil to support flowering until done without growing out of the building. The flowering time doesn't scare me away it was trying to keep it happy that long. I think Gray is on to something here and I will be testing it out.

I think I posted about it on Neiko's thread around page 81, 82 or so ... :hmmmm:

I was startled at how long it continued to bloom in the big bin, and I was shocked at the yield. I was hoping for 2+ ounces and I pulled almost 6. :eek:

My fluffy sativas always ran out of gas about mid bloom in the 6 gallon pots. This one got upcanned to 15 gallons, never skipped a beat, freshened right up, and ran another 82 days. It grew firm clusters of short foxtail buds, about 2 fingers thick, if you can visualize that. LOTS of them. :slide:

Gawd it looked like crap by the time it was finished though. I almost didn't leave this pic here after I saw it blown up like this. In fairness, I had let it dry out for harvest, but sheesh that's a yoogly thing.

Anyway, the method works! :slide:

I think I posted about it on Neiko's thread around page 81, 82 or so ... :hmmmm:

I was startled at how long it continued to bloom in the big bin, and I was shocked at the yield. I was hoping for 2+ ounces and I pulled almost 6. :eek:

My fluffy sativas always ran out of gas about mid bloom in the 6 gallon pots. This one got upcanned to 15 gallons, never skipped a beat, freshened right up, and ran another 82 days. It grew firm clusters of short foxtail buds, about 2-3 fingers thick, if you can visualize that. LOTS of them. :slide:

My MC 2 pheno is turning necrotic again along with a bit of leaf curl, I wonder if I up canned to a 15 gallon mid bloom if it would help her out.
It did help 1st run, but that was before bloom.

I've only seen goodness come from an upcan in this soil. :thumb:

But it can be hard to just double up - there's not a lot of room for new soil. Are you in 7s now? It'd still be worth it.

I've only seen goodness come from an upcan in this soil. :thumb:

But it can be hard to just double up - there's not a lot of room for new soil. Are you in 7s now? It'd still be worth it.

Yeah I am in the square 8 gallon pots, but is something I may try next run with her.
I also added a 70 pint dehumidifier to the room (not the tent) and she seemed to get worse overnight. She may like high humidity like someone suggested.

The MC 1 is looking really good, dark waxy leaves, nothing unhealthy about her at all.

Here are some pics, got a few closeups this time.

Lovely shots of the blooming beauties m’lord. That Warbird is stunning!

Lovely shots of the blooming beauties m’lord. That Warbird is stunning!

So far I think she has really taken to Docs soil which surprised me a little as I thought she would be considered a Frankenstrain.
Warbird is (SFV OG X Westcoastdawg F2)

Outside of the superdrench they have only been given 1ml of drench per gallon of soil.

All have been given the 2nd cat except MC 1, since she uses less water and I didn't want to 2nd cat her too late in bloom. She is super frosty and did not seem to mind at all.

Here are some pics, got a few closeups this time.

SWEEEEEET

Albert King: I'll be Doggone
Can I get a little piece of that

Back
Top Bottom