Overlord's Adventures With High Brix

Depending on the diameter of the poles the clips off of old 6" inch fans when removed
press fit into the center of I think it was a 1" PVC CUT to length and will just clip into place,
I also found the wider side of the Clip will push the walls out and I gained some space :)

Figured this out one day looking a large box of NON-WORKING clip fans

Thank you for this @Gazoo . :kisstwo: I'm packing and I have a couple of these clips left from fans that gave up the ghost. Now I'll hang onto them, and toss them in the misc. box.

I think mine is because I use cheap ones lol.

:rofl: You too, eh? :rofl:

Amy, if I had one a Dyson would be my choice. Fans are noisy, no way around it.

I have found non of them work for more than a few grows, at least in my situation anyway ;)
I did just buy 4 new HOLMES 2 speed 6" clip on Fans from TARGET using there internet/store pickup option.
Cost after all the extra discounts for using On-line and In Store pick-up just under 9.00 each tax included,
Was only going to BUY ONE but noticed the BOX said in very small print "MADE IN CHINA" so figured
I better buy a few before the import cost is added in

Yep - I have negotiated with the other dweller in the house that the Dyson belongs to the grow tent during the off season :thumb: I don’t grow in the tent during summer so it should work out ok! One less thing to look for. ;)

Working in the tent a little tonight, have some more to do and will update tomorrow night.

When the veg area went to crap, the IC91's pulled through, but not without some minor issues.
Three plants had their leaves curled up in the canoe shape. Two of them are not bad, but one is definitely worse than the others.

The worst one had it leaves uncurl at transplant/flip, then they seemed to have clawed downward some.
Over all I don't think it is doing any harm to leave them in the tent, so they stay.

The other two just showed some yellowing and perhaps stunted a bit in the new growth areas.
However all three have new growth, the other 6 are just fine.

Will get some pics up tomorrow, have a good evening everyone.

Working in the tent a little tonight, have some more to do and will update tomorrow night.

When the veg area went to crap, the IC91's pulled through, but not without some minor issues.
Three plants had their leaves curled up in the canoe shape. Two of them are not bad, but one is definitely worse than the others.

The worst one had it leaves uncurl at transplant/flip, then they seemed to have clawed downward some.
Over all I don't think it is doing any harm to leave them in the tent, so they stay.

The other two just showed some yellowing and perhaps stunted a bit in the new growth areas.
However all three have new growth, the other 6 are just fine.

Will get some pics up tomorrow, have a good evening everyone.
Your issues we're because of a breaker tripping right?

Your issues we're because of a breaker tripping right?

I did have a breaker trip on 2 occasions for an unknown length of time.
Although that applied to my veg closet as well, I don't think that had anything to do with it.

It was later these showed trouble, it was also during a few really hot and humid days. The plants that died were on a shelf that was against an external wall that receives sunlight all day. I think they just got too hot, as I do not have much to keep the closet environment in check.

Until a few weeks ago it has never been a problem.

The IC91's were on a shelf, that was along an inside wall and closet door. The three with issues were closest to the exterior wall the others were against.

Hi everyone,

The 3 damaged plants are:
Front Right
Dead Center
Rear Right

With rear right being the worst and front right 2nd worst, I included pics of them both before I removed some fan leaves.

I also put in the net trellis which was pretty easy, it is nylon and has a bungee cord type stretch to it.
There are hooks that clip onto the corner bars, and to keep it more even and not choke some of the plants, I also zip tied it to the high cfm support bars.

Last night I gave them a drink of GE + tea, they are due a brix spray but think I will do a destress first.
CO2 tank was refilled and replaced today.

:peace:

Poor babies. Poor cultivator. I know how that hurts. :hug:

Thankfully they’re HB plants and you’re smart enough to do a DeStress. *sigh* See? We all feel it. They’ll bounce back and grow stronger essential oils.

You know, some day we’ll get real organized and begin to take note of just when in the developmental stages you can inflict different types of stress to encourage increases in trichome concentrations and more importantly desirable terpene expressions.

The future’s in terps. Different stressors change what the plant does to protect itself. I’ve always wondered what’d happen if.....Just one of the many curiosities that occupy the open spaces. :battingeyelashes:

Hey.... those lights look.....wow!

Poor babies. Poor cultivator. I know how that hurts. :hug:

Considering the other plants I was thankful these made it. Even with 3 showing damage, the other 6 have no issues so I see two thirds of the crop being alright. I figure I may as well let the others go and see what they do..:goodluck:

Hey.... those lights look.....wow!

That is how I feel about the light myself, fresh CO2, 6 inches from the tallest plant. Lets see what happens!

Even better yet maybe next round we might see a nice easy, and heavy yielding strain grown the same basic way but healthy and with some training. I want to see how much I can get from a 4 X 4 with this light and CO2.

I will probably even veg them under this light, but everything needs to fall in place first.

Well let it all fall nicely then. :battingeyelashes: I want to see what you can pull too. Tead’s flirting with the idea of CO2. It’s not something I’d even considered - a whole new element of the art to learn. :slide:

Hey OL. Those 3 are gonna wind up being the best of the bunch! Looking good! Keep us posted over the next few weeks as that tent fills in. I've got 10 #7s but they're round, might have to see if I can fit 9 in my 4x4, ha!:rofl:

:passitleft:

I'll bet you can...

I don't know if they will be the best three, but they are starting to form flowers as you can kind of see. Some flowers is better than no flowers..:smokin:

Thanks Gray,

No not really, it is a net trellis, last time the side nugs became heavy and I had to tie them up.

i thought this might make life a little easier.

I like that - pre-set tie points ...

So they'll be there for life then? I'm intrigued because you have the pots I always looked for. Nine pots in a 4x4. That's about as much soil as you can stuff into something that size. You should get some solid yields out of that setup. :bongrip:

The pots are still available online, and for this run yes it is pretty much set. But if I need to slide it up or down, that is totally possible. They have plastic hooks on the corners that clip onto the corner poles of the tent.

I have three damaged plants from veg, it is obvious they won't produce much. Something I noticed a moment ago is how the damaged ones had some new and good clean growth from the tops of the colas. These tops were praying to the light more intensely than the plants that are in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom