Pak Chit Kush, Kandy Kush, GDP & Ghost Train Haze 3x3 With 1200W LED In Soil

Apparently this isn't much of a discussion enabling journal! Anyway, I'll keep rolling even if for my own amusement.

Here we are at 6wks + 4d flower and as this hasn't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped, I am surprised to see how well they are still coming along. Maybe this journal title should change to, no matter how much you F up you'll still get nugs?

The GDP seems to be filling in, adding weight and starting to add a nice fruity smell to the tent. It might actually end up with the nicest colas of the bunch?

The Pakistani Chitral Kush is also starting to fill in top to bottom, though as it is a smaller plant I don't believe it'll beat out GDP. It is also interesting that some of the tips look a little burnt, though it is in SS. My understanding is that allowed them to take what they wanted though wouldn't burn? Time will tell.

Kandy Kush was an early favorite though it may have been affected most by the overly acidic waterings. It is the biggest plant of the 4 though the buds don't seem to be filling in much.

Lastly the sorry looking Ghost Train Haze with the smallest nugs, seems to be most impacted by everything.

Full tent with the tower fan showing off his new hat to keep the hermies away!

Lastly, the on-deck ladies. Chem Dawg #4, Witches Weed and Durban P. I might throw in a Chisel if the get it back in stock soon. CD4 and DP have already suffered a setback as it was really cold the day I picked them up. Either it was that or the heat blowing from the vents that killed off a few leaves. They seem stunted at the moment though should come back just fine.

We are seriously going to limp down the home stretch. Gave them a close eye yesterday to find more WPM, but this time it wasn’t on a few leaves. I had to chop out some little nugs! I’m even more shocked as one was right in front of the fan, and the humidity hasn’t gone above 50%?

I used a little GreenCure then worried about the effects. I just can’t lose another crop. Turns out it is allowed on Tobacco, purportedly post harvest as well so things should turn out fine. I noted some more amber at the very top of the tallest colas so it shouldn’t be all that much longer. For some reason every plant I’ve ever harvested went 10 weeks?

I am still a new grower, but I pay close attention some daze. From what I understand, the resistance to PM can be genetic and also passed through environment. If after having PM, you have to BLEACH that shit or something, it has crazy reisistance! I hope I never see it! Good luck man! Cheers! Plants in photos look good!

Copy that, but I have a bit of an impossible job ahead to sterilize that room. The tent is in the basement with a brick foundation on two walls. When we bought the house our uphill neighbor had landscape fabric covering the downslope 1/3 of his lot. Given the ragged state it was in, it must have been there for years. Therefore water was directed towards our basement and that room suffered. I sprayed the walls with Kilz when we moved in though know plenty of spores remain. It was so bad my wife actually gave it the title “Mold Room!”

I had two prior crops without any problems and the landscape issues have been fixed. I think after these buds ripen I’ll have to take down the tent and wire brush the bricks to remove all that crap. Then prime/paint however the YouTube experts recommend.

That Witches Weed clone is taking off and she deserves a hassle free grow!

Well, they are all dead and drying/curing. What did I learn?

1) WPM is a constant threat. I’ll be cleaning out that room, wirebrushing all the crap off the bricks and repainting with Kilz. I also learned it can grow in a constant <60% environment in front of a fan. I’ll prob spray with that greencure stuff each week in veg and early flower to try and keep it down. I won’t wait to use it once I see evidence on the leaves like I did this time.

2) I don’t know what to say about the supersoil vs GO box nutes. The best results were seen with the GO box as my GDP had the densest nugs, but it was also the least affected by the acidic waterings and WPM. This next batch of Witches Weed, Durban P and ChemDawg 4 are all in SS.

3) I picked up a photo meter and was shocked how low the light needs to be for 15-50K lux Veg / 45-65K Lux for flower. The footprint is also much smaller than I’d thought so the intensity will be higher this time.

In the end I’m not happy with the results, with the exception of GDP. They were all light and airy and I’m going to have to review EVERY Fing bud under the jewelers loop for WPM. I’ll turn most of it into hash and be thankful I got anything useful for my efforts!

I think this was the nicest GDP cola. The pic doesn’t do it justice. It is still drying and I think turns more purple as it dries?

You may not be able to see it, but that nug between the jars is a more dry GDP with more purple coming out.

While I do hope for better results next time, some of the colas on GDP were falling over from the weight!

OH, I also learned that I'm either an incredibly boring writer, or my avatar scares people. Think I might have to find something more inspiring to hear what others have to say.
I learned a trick long ago about grow journals. Bring your readers into the story. Ask them questions about things you are pondering. Start and encourage side conversations. Get to know your readers. Joke around a bit, and show them your own confusions and thoughts and what you are learning by writing to them. An interesting journal is not simply a scientific log of data... it draws your readers into the story.
You will get better at this, and I have been reading with interest all along... I just never really felt I needed to add anything. You have learned a lot on this grow, and I suspect that your next one is going to go a lot better. Keep trying to hone your journalism muscles, and I will try harder to participate. I am looking forward to the next one! Enjoy your smoke!

Back
Top Bottom