A Paranormal Exploration of Purple Ghost Candy (OGpapa's Version)

We have ladies making moves! We're seeing a few second set of leaves. Pots feel lighter than expected. So I whipped out the squirt squirt fine mist, hit the tops of the soil. Little prewater before morning when they will be watered fully.

Strain: Purple Ghost Candy
Genetics: 60 Sativa 40 Indica

Stage: seedling
Measurement: above soil
Medium: Cannibalized soil
Pot Size: 4x6 Biodegradable Bag

Space: 5x5 grow tent
Temperature:75
Humidity:64

Light: @Mars Hydro Tsw 2000
Light Height: 28
Power Level:75%

Water: squirt squirt, little something something before a full watering in morning

PH Water: 6.4

Feeding: just plain h20

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg
Recommended per manufacturer feed rate 25ml per gal

Pest: none
Deficiency: none
Toxicity: none

Let's get it going!

Prettiest lady of the first week!

We have ladies making moves! We're seeing a few second set of leaves. Pots feel lighter than expected. So I whipped out the squirt squirt fine mist, hit the tops of the soil. Little prewater before morning when they will be watered fully.

Temperature:75
Humidity:64

Light Height: 28
Power Level:75%

Water: squirt squirt, little something something before a full watering in morning

PH Water: 6.4

Feeding: just plain h20

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg

Let's get it going!

Prettiest lady of the first week!

Looks great! I'm going sit in on this grow and see if this strain needs to go on my wishlist lol.

Great info @OGpapa looks like most of that information aligns with one another. One thing I need to do is to grab a battery for my IR thermometer so that I know the actual leaf temperature and not just the air temp. I am expecting to see the leaf temperature change through out the day with a slow rise as the lights heat the tent up with probably a faster fall off when the lights turn off.

Great info @OGpapa looks like most of that information aligns with one another. One thing I need to do is to grab a battery for my IR thermometer so that I know the actual leaf temperature and not just the air temp. I am expecting to see the leaf temperature change through out the day with a slow rise as the lights heat the tent up with probably a faster fall off when the lights turn off.
Thank you! Yes all the info I came across varies a bit. As it would with each setup, strain, characteristics, reading devices, etc

I just wanted a ball park to reference. Crazy measuring my setups this morning how over powered I was.

For these specifically

Prior I was at 28in and 75% power

I was able to lower the light to 24in and down to 56% power to hit proper DLI now I just need to work on VPD

I've noticed leaf temp to be 2-3 degrees below room temp. That probably changes with intensity and height of light.

Thank you! Yes all the info I came across varies a bit. As it would with each setup, strain, characteristics, reading devices, etc

I just wanted a ball park to reference. Crazy measuring my setups this morning how over powered I was.

For these specifically

Prior I was at 28in and 75% power

I was able to lower the light to 24in and down to 56% power to hit proper DLI now I just need to work on VPD

I've noticed leaf temp to be 2-3 degrees below room temp. That probably changes with intensity and height of light.
That awesome that you worked that out! I wonder if your leaf temp will rise with the lights closer?

I am using a -2° differential for my 69pro controller and it ramps up/down/off my humidifier and ramps up/down my exhaust fan to hit my target VPD.

I also adjusted my lights after reading all of this info haha

That awesome that you worked that out! I wonder if your leaf temp will rise with the lights closer?

I am using a -2° differential for my 69pro controller and it ramps up/down/off my humidifier and ramps up/down my exhaust fan to hit my target VPD.

I also adjusted my lights after reading all of this info haha
I couldn't decide between controllers. I really liked one. Didn't know I could control humidifier also. Wtf 🔥
Now I'm gonna have to see what my vivosun want controller will do.

Stoner Ingenuity coming

I couldn't decide between controllers. I really liked one. Didn't know I could control humidifier also. Wtf 🔥
Now I'm gonna have to see what my vivosun want controller will do.

Stoner Ingenuity coming
I went back and forth between the 2 several times, considered building my own, ordered one, started the return before it arrived and went with what I have.

Unless you have their humidifier, heater, and exhaust fan you can’t ramp up or down the items, but you can control them from a min/max standpoint which can be set to on/off if that’s what you want by using one of their adapters that allows you to plug in any normal device to it to control its power. Which is why I went this direction. Unfortunately I can’t control my lights with it other than off/on

I just wish they would quit with the exclusivity. Growers use different manufacturers, based on so many different factors. Why not allow the cross platform.

If you made holy Grail items that were the best in the market people would use all your products.

But I shouldn't be limited on use or function

It's like apple coming around to type c charger. Finally. Cause it's better and cheaper.

For this exact reason is why I went with your controller first.

And for the same reason I was going to build my own, though it wouldn’t have the app control that we both have.

So I ended up with what I have. It works well and I am assuming yours works just as well. Could easily achieve all of this with inkbirds and I was, but I like the shiny app :)

Ive gone back and forth with inkbird or pi Integration. I enjoy growing, and tinkering on things. But in my head it's a daunting task! While I'm fully capable, the old me just wants it to come out in a shiny package with app, wifi, open source, etc.

Wouldn't it be great to have one unit, that you could upgrade yourself, or purchase tier upgrades based on your needs. . .

I've made it a point to educate myself with DLI, PPFD, and VPD here are some references for you and me!

Great info on VPD!

If you grow in a tent, this is required reading.

Ghosties are bringing it!

Seeing some action! Turned the light down to meet DLI. Working on VPD now.

Genetics: 60 Sativa 40 indica

Temperature:82
Humidity:53
VPD: 1.0 to 1.9

Light Height: 24
Power Level:56%
DLI: 16-18 across canopy

Water: none

PH Water: n/a

Feeding: none

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg

Let's get it going!

Hi OGP,
Have you used the cloth bags for seedlings before? Im interested in something beyond Solo cups for autoflower seedlings. There are some who recommend Coco Coins for this as they can be dropped right into the final pot once the seedling is established. Is that what you will do with the cloth bags?
Also: Canabalized Soil? Please elaborate.. I noticed you had a big pile of soil that looked used (roots and all) in a previous post. Do you re-ammend? Im planning to re-ammend for summer outdoor grow in pots and haven't done it before.

Hi OGP,
Have you used the cloth bags for seedlings before? Im interested in something beyond Solo cups for autoflower seedlings. There are some who recommend Coco Coins for this as they can be dropped right into the final pot once the seedling is established. Is that what you will do with the cloth bags?
Also: Canabalized Soil? Please elaborate.. I noticed you had a big pile of soil that looked used (roots and all) in a previous post. Do you re-ammend? Im planning to re-ammend for summer outdoor grow in pots and haven't done it before.
I do like these biodegradable bags so far. I have not personally used cloth/fabric bags for seedlings I previously used Solo cups and I found that the root circling would slow my plants down in a sense. I think if you could find them it would work out great. There's a few growers who literally pop that seed into a 5 gal bags. I just see to much room for over water that way. I like the coco coin idea, Ive also seen a wool pellet block I think . I think those would be great options. Ive messed around with a few soil blocking ideas, nothing that I'm 100% on.

The biodegradable bags will be directly planted into 5 - 7 gal fabric pots.

I've got a dozen tomatoes re planted with and without bags to see if it slows root growth down. I will tug on them in a few days. See what gives easier.

So. My soil. Is the trash can of life.

It started out with good bag soil, happy frog. Like 2 1/2 years ago. Everybit of stem stalk and root has been chopped and ground back into the soil. I have added dried coffee grounds, egg shells, perlite, bio char, and a few other meaningless things.

If you want a good soil amendment @Bill284 just posted his the other day again.

That's what I will be doing in the future. His apple Betty was inspiring! Check it out!

You and your plants will do great! You got this!

Again, off to a great start! Excited to see @HashGirl is growing some too that means her perpetual is still going! More importantly, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I knew i missed a bunch of them while I was gone!

Easy breezy! Just smooth sailing over here! Just a lil squirt squirt going on!

Temperature:71
Humidity:50
VPD: .7 - 1.3

Light Height: 24
Power Level:56%
DLI: 16-18 across canopy

Water: squirt squirt, moisten the soil at the top. Was watered from the bottom few days ago. Still feel a hair of weight down low!

PH Water6.3

Feeding: none

* Feed - Tps Ultra Veg

Let's get it going!

Back
Top Bottom