Pawpaw Medicine Tent 2.0 Perpetual Grow Journal

I think you are giving me credit for the Gnats lol Those girls looked like they were on thier last leg a week ago you know Prime stretch time Im amazed they look so good now it may be a pheno but the leaves are so small but I think it is due to a stunted stretch I know some people like to stop the stretch but im to new I love a good stretch. I can complain to much I did flip at 5 weeks and thats pretty early for a ScrOG most people I watch go 8 to 10 weeks. But I made a lot of mistakes from the start by not thinking my layout better I look at how my plants are arraigned and I think How Flucked up was the guy thought this hair brain layout and:idea: I was the Fluckin Idiot!! but in my defence I fimmed them twice
So I hope all is well buddy it was 80 F here yesterday suppose to have a chance of snow this week end ,just for the record I wear Bib overalls 90% of the time and only big boys were bibs cuz they aint that ez to go Pee-pee , trust me at my age an EZ pee is a rare occasion
Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
It would take me too long to get the overalls off.
Too risky. :rofl:
Cosco pajamas are popular here.
By here I mean right here.
All i wear unless I'm working or going out.
I'm retired, give me the right to wear pajamas all day. ;)
Are you serious 80f?
Feken minus 30 c here yesterday, no better today.
Had to shovel snow and do firewood again yesterday.
This winter is killing my body.
I'm too old to be splitting and hauling wood, seriously. 😩
I'm crippled today.
How are things in the sunny south today?

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

buddy you will know you are truly retired When ya manage to wear your boxers all day. I have days I roll outta bed ands slither onto my chair at my desk with my PC and go to work and never take time to put on pants. So how are you doing today my friend ? Ya Know I realize keeping a journal is nothing more that like minded people and friends having a day by day conversation loaded with a trove of valuable information.

E'm sent me a link to her last years journal Everything I need to know. to use Geo Flora and the SIP so a special shout out to @Emilya Green for letting me tap her mind and mooch off her years of experience :thanks: Like I said somewhere yesterday "Im tired of learning things the hard way. But it also has its benifits I look back over the last year man have I learned a lot my first grows that I thought were awesome when I look at them now they were pitiful

This grow could be better but I opened the tent this morning and it smelled like I was peeling a tangerine. even though I had my share of issues I have and am learning about Sativas and understanding what is diffrent between Indica and Sativia and watch how the buds form and the bud structure I roniclly it seems like they have potential for a much higher THC level than indicas But different types well breakfast is here, want me to shut up throw food at me lol Everybody have a great weekend

@GainesvilleGreen How are you doin buddy? Good I hope :thumb: let me tap your mind a second. my next grow I plann on doing 2 Apollo XX and 2 Grimm Truffles both are within 55-60 day flower times Apollo is a sativa leaning Highbred what about the grimm truffles? have you smoked any yet? I really want a indica high in one of them. what kind of high do you get with the truffles? is there a couch lock option I have some Anesia seeds I'm plan on doing this year all are 35%+ THC potential apricot OREO, Sleepy Joe and Frozen Black cherry's I have smoke all 3 and after that grow I dont plan on doing much but binge watch movies and munch out Im hoping I get some good sativa effects with this grow I got so much stuff to do and I can only tell the wife im waiting on the Sativa to be ready for so long so im hoping to get a little of both from my Brothers Grimm Grow
Hey buddy,
The pheno I have seems all gorilla glue on the Grimm Truffles.
Smoked a little sample and it's strong. Earthy, diesel, with a berry hint.
I took her 60 days on 11/13
Cheers, back to trim jail. Hope that helps
IMG_20230222_185607394~2.jpg

Monday Monday SUCKS!!!! the wife and I bailed for the weekend went and got a room at the Marriot, Ya know a lot of people dont wear bibs no more Im not sure if it was the beard or the hat but they must have liked them , cuz they kept staring at me and whispering, Seriously though felt good to get out,

I came home to some thirsty girls I think I screwed up by rinsing my soil .to much or to close together and I got close to getting root rot I definitely over watered I have yellow leaves almost like I have a nitrogen issues. But I'm sure I took a hit with the Gnats during the stretch and I hope I can get them back to nice healthy plants

Now is where I find out what kind of farmer I am, Has the last year taught me enough> God knows @Bill284 and a lot of other farmers have pitched in.
Here are some current pics with a flash and lights out
IMG_2940.JPG
Flsh2.JPG

You can see how rough they look but they should start looking better the Stress is over so I am hoping a steady diet, Cut back on the water a bit, That's one thing I still have found my sweet spot the GroPro Warriors and 5gal Fabric bags Take about 2 liters/half Gal every 3 to 4 days These are pots dont seem to fit that plan I get bottom runoff after 1 litre which means I have unbelivable drainage so I think maybe 1 liter every other day Might be the right formula.
It pisses me off that I had these early flower issues this pot already Smells very strong of tangerine it smells like a citrus sweet pungeunt smell and the little flowers are already spitting trichomes but the tips are are starting to
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG

Burn I know it is one of two things to much GF or to close to the light Im 20" away from the Canopy even with a 760 watt light that fine PPFD avg is about 14000 who Knows. Ill be glad to harvest this grow and start over my last grow was so nice I expected the same I took short cuts and made F-ups along with bad luck the take on the whole issue I

@GainesvilleGreen Thanks for the In for on the truffles the Grimm Truffles and the Apollo Should be perfect together
I look forward to that Grow

IMG_2931.JPG

Monday Monday SUCKS!!!! the wife and I bailed for the weekend went and got a room at the Marriot, Ya know a lot of people dont wear bibs no more Im not sure if it was the beard or the hat but they must have liked them , cuz they kept staring at me and whispering, Seriously though felt good to get out,

I came home to some thirsty girls I think I screwed up by rinsing my soil .to much or to close together and I got close to getting root rot I definitely over watered I have yellow leaves almost like I have a nitrogen issues. But I'm sure I took a hit with the Gnats during the stretch and I hope I can get them back to nice healthy plants

Now is where I find out what kind of farmer I am, Has the last year taught me enough> God knows @Bill284 and a lot of other farmers have pitched in.
Here are some current pics with a flash and lights out
IMG_2940.JPG
Flsh2.JPG

You can see how rough they look but they should start looking better the Stress is over so I am hoping a steady diet, Cut back on the water a bit, That's one thing I still have found my sweet spot the GroPro Warriors and 5gal Fabric bags Take about 2 liters/half Gal every 3 to 4 days These are pots dont seem to fit that plan I get bottom runoff after 1 litre which means I have unbelivable drainage so I think maybe 1 liter every other day Might be the right formula.
It pisses me off that I had these early flower issues this pot already Smells very strong of tangerine it smells like a citrus sweet pungeunt smell and the little flowers are already spitting trichomes but the tips are are starting to
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2930.JPG

Burn I know it is one of two things to much GF or to close to the light Im 20" away from the Canopy even with a 760 watt light that fine PPFD avg is about 14000 who Knows. Ill be glad to harvest this grow and start over my last grow was so nice I expected the same I took short cuts and made F-ups along with bad luck the take on the whole issue I

@GainesvilleGreen Thanks for the In for on the truffles the Grimm Truffles and the Apollo Should be perfect together
I look forward to that Grow

IMG_2931.JPG
Great pic the garden looks amazing.
The buds are just getting ready to start expanding. :thumb:
Your golden, keep feeding. :morenutes:
Hope you enjoyed your weekend. 😉

Bill284 😎

@Bill284 Let me ask you a question I am in week 4 flower I have 5-6 more weeks I really think I have a nitrogen issue Im temped to add some worm casings as some top dressing BUT Im worried that introducing more Nitro will increase chances of a morph, It just so happened my feeding cycle was up 1 week after I flipped to 12/12 I think I went to bloom to soon. and then there is the possibility this is a result of the "Great Gnat war of 2023" the war ravaged the land and in the end it is GNAT NO MORE but a ton of yellow leaves any thoughts , anyone?

Well after a afternoon of research I belive between my rinses and H2002 I think I washyed away to much nitrogen going to bloom a cycle early didnt help So I made up a mix of warm castings and geoflora bloom I added a 1/4 cup of each and hopefully Ill introduce more nitro this next week
Any other suggestions on force feed nitrogen to my girls?:helpsmilie:is it to close to harvest?

leaves are pretty dark, looks like nitrogen is readily available. I’m thinking mag since it helps to power up chlorophyll, but I’m defs not the best at troubleshooting plant symptoms… let’s get Emilya, Gainesville or Bill to weigh in on that tomoz

I’m new to the SIP club also, but few bits of advice… make sure feeder pipe stem down to res is properly slotted or drilled out… I went a bit overboard in putting mosquito bits down feeder pipe and got it clogged up…

don’t overlook adding 40% perlite to soil mix so water will wick up properly

also… train your plants for a wetter moisture gradient a few weeks before transplanting into SIP, otherwise plants will stall out for about 2 weeks of transition time as roots learn to adapt to the new moisture gradient

@Bill284 Let me ask you a question I am in week 4 flower I have 5-6 more weeks I really think I have a nitrogen issue Im temped to add some worm casings as some top dressing BUT Im worried that introducing more Nitro will increase chances of a morph, It just so happened my feeding cycle was up 1 week after I flipped to 12/12 I think I went to bloom to soon. and then there is the possibility this is a result of the "Great Gnat war of 2023" the war ravaged the land and in the end it is GNAT NO MORE but a ton of yellow leaves any thoughts , anyone?
Slow down Amigo.
Second half of flower I like to dial back nitrogen to a minimum.
The color looks great to me.
Switching a week early isn't detrimental.
Probably no harm if any.
Your using Geoflora Bloom right now?
Let me check it and come back.

Bill284 😎

Bloom is 3-5-5
3% nitrogen.
In late flower I think that's enough.
Just out of curiosity do you check the ph of your water?

PSX_20230228_053129.jpg

Bill284 😎

@Bill284 yeah I check every time I water it, you are correct and the bloom GF should bring me back to where I need to be, I just went through E'ms Organic /super soil lesson man she knows her stuff she has been at it awhile and man did she show me how much I didn't know . I thought I had a full-fledged super soil by adding the GF and DYNOMYCO. I know now a true super soil never requires you to feed your plant there is a big difference between organic and supersoil she really broke it down for me and for now using the FFOF and GeoFlora is just fine for me even with a SIP
you know how I am "more must be better" well not the case. I thought the more H2002 and SNS 209/203 the better my chances to kill the gnats well there I was hair ablazing killing Gnats and microbes a like . she sparked my intrest and now I know how the microbes and Mycorrhiza work together well in simple terms I understand things a lot better. I also dug into the coco coir and I see now that in most cases unless you use something like GF the coco doesnt supply any nutes to the roots that explains why mister soul (*legend of homegrown breed and designer of Cinderella 99) use coco and feeds ever day he waters during flower I did find some neg about coco you might not deal with it but I read stories of a required flush. I have a few more grows with soil then I am looking at COCO COIR

hope your day is going well how many trips to town today?
I was up since 4 reading and im working while i fall asleep
Talk to you soon

@Bill284 yeah I check every time I water it, you are correct and the bloom GF should bring me back to where I need to be, I just went through E'ms Organic /super soil lesson man she knows her stuff she has been at it awhile and man did she show me how much I didn't know . I thought I had a full-fledged super soil by adding the GF and DYNOMYCO. I know now a true super soil never requires you to feed your plant there is a big difference between organic and supersoil she really broke it down for me and for now using the FFOF and GeoFlora is just fine for me even with a SIP
you know how I am "more must be better" well not the case. I thought the more H2002 and SNS 209/203 the better my chances to kill the gnats well there I was hair ablazing killing Gnats and microbes a like . she sparked my intrest and now I know how the microbes and Mycorrhiza work together well in simple terms I understand things a lot better. I also dug into the coco coir and I see now that in most cases unless you use something like GF the coco doesnt supply any nutes to the roots that explains why mister soul (*legend of homegrown breed and designer of Cinderella 99) use coco and feeds ever day he waters during flower I did find some neg about coco you might not deal with it but I read stories of a required flush. I have a few more grows with soil then I am looking at COCO COIR

hope your day is going well how many trips to town today?
I was up since 4 reading and im working while i fall asleep
Talk to you soon
Good morning. :ciao:
Drove Stacey to work and came home.
Then Howie to the groomer & home.
Then picked him up from the groomer & home.
Then had to go back to town a 4th time to get Stacey after work.
There goes $100 bucks in gas.:rofl:
The joy of living in the country. :thumb:
Coco has F.A. for your girls.
It's just a medium to hold roots.
Theoretically I feed every day, when I have nutrients. 😉
Supersoil takes that extra feeding out of the equation.
Depends on your availability to tend your garden.
I don't mind daily maintenance.
Some people don't have the time so it's great for them.
How are the girls doing this morning Amigo?

Bill284 😎

leaves are pretty dark, looks like nitrogen is readily available. I’m thinking mag since it helps to power up chlorophyll, but I’m defs not the best at troubleshooting plant symptoms… let’s get Emilya, Gainesville or Bill to weigh in on that tomoz

I’m new to the SIP club also, but few bits of advice… make sure feeder pipe stem down to res is properly slotted or drilled out… I went a bit overboard in putting mosquito bits down feeder pipe and got it clogged up…

don’t overlook adding 40% perlite to soil mix so water will wick up properly

also… train your plants for a wetter moisture gradient a few weeks before transplanting into SIP, otherwise plants will stall out for about 2 weeks of transition time as roots learn to adapt to the new moisture gradient
Im still waking in the middle of the night with Gnat nightmares lol. I never had critter issues till this grow I have been lucky . the first time I freaked out because I was sure I had critters, went out got NEEM to learn it my fan constantly blowing in the same direction. I have had my nose in the books (web) digging up everything I could find on SIPS. I got the AC infinity I know my last grow I was following @Costanza and he did rather good with his. mine will be a bit tricky. I am using Geo Flora a Top Dressing organic Nute so I will have to top water a little Emilya has been a Godsend when it comes to organics and growing pot in general she is a walking library. I like that if she thinks your messin up she is not afraid to tell ya But I like the honesty :thumb: I wanna know if I could be doing it better or if im a dumazz lol

Well I put it off as long as I could But I went and bought a 2"ft AGROMAX florescent Pur UVB bulb 75% UVB and 25% UVA I got it from a non-sponsor I got that and 2 UVBV 10.0
IMG_2966.jpg

:Rasta:
The light was smaller than I expected especially for the price they are only a 5T size light. here is a little secret if you put cannabis in front or behind the name and Cha Ching it is automatically $50 more lol this light should cover 4x3.5 area so I got to UVB socket light bulbs
IMG_2967.jpg
IMG_2968.jpg

I was able to put my main light on my bottom of my Bar Light (medic grow smart8) and the 2 side lights above. I have it on its own timer. where I purchased the lights from had decent service and I was lucky to be able to speak with Clay about the UVB lights
Here is what I learned UVB light is not very bright and hard to see with our Eyes but dont let that fool you they are Very strong and should only be ran 1 to 2 hrs. a day max. he also explain they need to train the plant for the first 2 weeks he said to run it in 15 min increments for a total of 1 hr then gradually go to a soilid hour or two. since this is my first time using UVB Im going to use it for 1 hr for the rest of the grow about 4-5 weeks.

The way UVB works is it is a tanning light * and if left on can burn the plants. the natural defense of the cannabis plant against UVB rays are Trichomes so when it gets hit by UVB it creates more and more Trichomes the more Trichomes it creates the Higher we get:Rasta:.. the UVB has other benifits too but i never made it past the "more trichomes part". This grow is not a pristine grow. it isnt those Big stacked Colas I love so much. But even after all my F-ups the bud is showing signs of really good pot. SSSC does do bad strains. it smells like citrus so strong when I open the tent. In a couple more weeks when people go for walks in the evening, Ill be able to sit on the porch and hear the remarks "do you smell that" "somebody is growing pot" Dang that shit smells good :laugh: a little tip if you run a AC unit in your tent like I do, put a carbon filter on the exhaust line. I have a huge carbon filter on my inline fan but never put one on my AC and when I get close to harvest our neighborhood smells Dank. so we blame it on skunks lol
* the same UVB light i bought is used to Tan pigs yep they actually tan pigs

I had to change up things a bit I went from feeding each plant 1/2 gal - 2 litre every 3 to 4 days I was watering too much but not enough how is that for a OXYMORON I was giving them to much water but letting them dry to long I have learned that Airpot's are designed for rapid runoff and air drying they and Coco are like a hand and glove (right @Bill284 :rofl: ) soil works great too. so more lessons learned nothing wrong with air pot I was the problem is to make sure you add lots of perlite and get easy runoff.

I am trying to find my grow I need to settle on one of the methods that got me good pot; but without going into detail I need to make my garden more accessible I wasnt very nice to my body when I was young "all for God and Country". But they never mentioned the price you pay. any way I may hurt but there are Vets out there a lot worse than me . and I am very lucky
but I do like whine with my cheese so I am making changes that will make things easy to maintain my plants for the next 20 yrs fingers crossed🤞 I am going to start using the AC infinity SIPs I had planned on using FFOF withy geo flora But I have done some homework and I got hooked up with the guy who developed Purple Cow Indicanjha pre mix living soil. apparently it is very compatible with SIS and SS (super soil/ living soil) it isnt like a lot of other premixes where you mix 1/3 SSW and Potting Soil the rest this stuff is just add water out the bag they do recommend using Cal Mag. apparently the designer has been growing weed for 30 yrs in a lab and he offered to help any time and gave me his cell number

any way any one familar with Super soil knows you should never have to feed your plants , your soil is making food and feeding it to the plant via Microbes. Now I can add nutes and macro nutes he doesnt recommend it . But I am planning on using the Geo flora recommend macro nute kinds .

Of course I will use Dynomyco and the terpinator But I also have organic Bud Booster "the incredible Bulk" 1oo% organic 1-10-25 NPK any way this is 5=6 weeks away.

I have been using Incredible Bulk for the last week to 10 days and bud are starting to bulk out.
IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2988 (1).jpg
IMG_2989.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg
you can look close up and you can see the NIbs are getting very fat and Frosty 5-6 more weeks I hope to have some good pain killer
well friends thats my latest update
Stay safe Stay stone:passitleft:

I must admit I also bought the starter Kit for prescription Blend, IF the SS starts petering out before harvest I can go right ti PB to pick up the slack Stay tuned more to come📺

IMG_2988 (1).jpg

Good morning Amigo. :ciao:
If you put these rings on the girls you can't reach it will make it easier for you.
Hook a hose to it and pour your nutrients in a jug and let it feed them.
Simple, no pumps or timers.
Just a thought.
The garden looks fantastic today.
Talk soon.

Screenshot_20230305-074200_Chrome.jpg

Bill284 😎

Well I woke up and checked the girls this morning It seems like since I started using the "INCREDIBLE BULK" ABOUT 1 WEEK AGO I think my plants have doubled in growth . I am starting to feel this grow will be a good one reguardless of my feeble attemp at killin e'm

As you know I have been trying to do things a little diffrent trying to find my sweet spot talking with E,m I learned a lot of good info on Organics I had planned on sticking with GF like I have been until I came across

Purple Cow Organics IndiCanja​

a premix Super soil that will feed your plants thru the entire grow with Water only they have a chemical 100% organic Called CX-1 this is basil Sugar but it activated I will go into more when I start the next grow need to finish this one but if you are intrested in going to supersoil google and follow my journal it should be as exciting as DIRT:rofl::rofl::rofl:

well Im getting close to the end I think im gonna harvest sooner than expected this is the first grow with my new light. an im impressed I think that has a lot to do with my harvest being a week early' Im really embarrassed with the way things turn out though the gnat issue during the stretch really hurt and I was counting on a big stretch to fill the net I wont make that mistake again.

I know I need some cheese with my whine , but here is the real kicker as ugly as the plant is, the buds are so frosty I shown a flashlight in the tent and it sparkled. I need to learn how to take pictures because I can get it with my camera
I should be thankful chalk this one up as experience and be happy for what I get
IMG_3059 (1).jpg

if you can expand the picture you can see the trichomes I really think it is the UVB light I have been running it for 2 weeks now 1st week I did 1 hr in 15min increments now Im doing 1 solid hour I might increase for the last 2 weeks' cant getuse to the sativia golf ball buds the line of buds about even with the center of the fan is 1 branch I tied down. I expected to canopy

you can see all the wasted space, My yield will be half of what I planned for . at this point all I can do is plan my dry and cure and be greedy and not give my kids all my pot lol.( just for the record my kids are over 40 yr old)
IMG_3060.jpg

Day 51 flower so that means Im about 2-3 weeks from harvest tops Ill start looking at trichomes this week. I will be looking for mostly cloudy Sativia and amber trichomes are like a oxy moron I dont want couch lock I want COUCH LAUNCH ! thats when ya take a couples B's the gears start turning and WHAM your up doing 17 things at one time and if ya get lucky you will actually finish one of them. as you already know I am doing the grim Truffles and Apollo from Brothers Grimm. But before I get carried away I still need to focus on my Dry and cure. I waited a little to long on my last big grow but I got lucky andf other than a few seeds from a nanner it was great smelling and tasting and double locked my azz to the couch. although my current grow was full of mistakes an smaller than I wanted if I do a good Job on the finish I can save face or at least get high enough not to care lol

Back
Top Bottom