PB's Persistent Pot Condo: Established 2019

This is from Seedsman:

LA Confidential should be vegged for a reasonable amount of time to get the height and yield that is desired as there is not as much stretch during flowering as with more sativa strains. This is one hungry plant that eats nutes for fun so don't put these plants on a diet. Yields are good at 350 - 450 gr/m2 under 600 watt lighting with both pheno-types finishing flowering within 45 - 56 days indoors. Outdoor crops will be ready in late September or possible early October in the northern hemisphere. Buds are hard and full of resin.

Ok I've been doing some reading and I'm wondering what you guys think...I read that with Indica it's best to cut at clear just starting to milky to catch the glands at their peak instead of letting them cook too long if you want a more clear and cereberal psychoactive effect. I think I'm a bit past that, but not necessarily at couch lock amber yet. I'm not interested in CBD or going to sleep...so take a look at these and tell me what you think. By bob, I think I might be there!

It's pretty much the same all over, mostly milky, some clear, a few amber here and there. This LA Confidential is LA Affie and Afghani, pure Indica strain. Today is day 50 since 12/12. Holy Crap! I'm thinking flush and and yank!

If that's the concensus, I better read up on the flushing process! I just watered them with 25% nute about 3 days ago.
Nice pics PB, I took cuts in 1 week intervals to figure out what I like best. 3 harvests total. I’ll probably keep doing that. Easier on the back. I’m on harvest #2 and the High seems to last longer with maturity. I’m also using a big box to dry. No fan. The branches took about 4 days to dry. I’m hoping to hang the whole plant next to see the difference with a longer dry time. Cheers!!!

Thanks @Jdeck , so you are cutting some branches but not all off individual plants over those 3 harvests, or harvesting full plants at different intervals?

I'm also reading here that flushing isn't necessarily a wholly agreed upon part of the harvesting process. I've only been feeding 25% nutes for the entire flowering stage, plus I honestly don't really care about taste or smell. The key factors for me are a peppy buzz and a big sack of buds. I'll smoke the leaves too I don't care, been smoking my tops and shake for a month now.

I've been hesitating cutting a test branch but I think I'm gonna, and I'm gonna cheat dry it I think also. WTF right? I got more green than I know what to do with in the pot condo!

Thanks @Jdeck , so you are cutting some branches but not all off individual plants over those 3 harvests, or harvesting full plants at different intervals?

I'm also reading here that flushing isn't necessarily a wholly agreed upon part of the harvesting process. I've only been feeding 25% nutes for the entire flowering stage, plus I honestly don't really care about taste or smell. The key factors for me are a peppy buzz and a big sack of buds. I'll smoke the leaves too I don't care, been smoking my tops and shake for a month now.

I've been hesitating cutting a test branch but I think I'm gonna, and I'm gonna cheat dry it I think also. WTF right? I got more green than I know what to do with in the pot condo!
My first harvest I took 4 branches, 2 off each plant, 2nd harvest I took more top buds than full branches , final harvest was the remainder. I don’t think I could sit through trimming a full harvest. I hope that makes sense:lot-o-toke:

I'd say she's ready if you aren't after any couchlock-I try and go a little longer,
but couchlock and I get along just fine....
The "to flush or not to flush" thing is totally up to you,there's pros and cons for both
schools of thought on that-I don't do it because I don't think it does anything for the taste-but I'm not a "pot gourmet"- I just smoke it to get high,if it tastes good...great ,if it tastes like $hit,I'll smoke that,too,not a problem....

Well, that was the bottom most bud I could get my hands on in quick fashion as the lights had gone off soon before I got there and I wasn't taking no for a answer. It's not quite dry enough, but Holy crap it's good. It's been quite hard to write this post. o_O All I can say is If this is what I'm getting right off the plant...whhew! It's gonna be killer.

I used the toaster technique...watching closely I set toaster on 1 till i saw steam, shut off and stir, repeat maybe 10 times, let cool maybe 3 - 5 min, probably could have done 5 more times, but I expect just sitting out it will dry more for tomorrow.

I will never be out of weed again! Thank you all for your help and support!

Well SmokeSara is gonna be relatively please with me anyway...just bought 2 used 300's with a few burnt bulbs each and a used 700 in good condition, thats close to 500w of light for $156.54! It's gonna be mix and match, but that should give me enough light now to flower 12 plants. Woohoo!

I think I'm gonna pick up a cheap soldering station that will get 800 degrees also, doesn't look that hard to replace bulbs. @SmokeSara if I gave you positions of the led's that are out, can you tell me what replacements I need? He said they were still under warranty but I imagine it's not transferable. Cheers, it's a great Mars Hydro day! DYNOMITE!!! :yahoo:
Hi Pbass, yes, but it will be better to send email to our service: solutions@mars-hydro.com Kelly is more experienced than I do in this area, haha, She will help you more than I could, :green_heart: Next time, try to save up some more money for our TS, or SP, we have got more and more great growing result, ppl grow around 2.0g/w easilly. I am now excited by these news during the holiday time. :D

Hi Pbass, yes, but it will be better to send email to our service: solutions@mars-hydro.com Kelly is more experienced than I do in this area, haha, She will help you more than I could, :green_heart: Next time, try to save up some more money for our TS, or SP, we have got more and more great growing result, ppl grow around 2.0g/w easilly. I am now excited by these news during the holiday time. :D

Thanks @SmokeSara , I'll zap Kelly a note, the 300's are out for deliver today. I'm worried about coverage area more than g/w at this point, I've got alot of plants to feed! For the price of a new light I've got 3 units and 20.25' square feet which gives me way more coverage and configuration leeway to work with.

I got the 700 for super cheap, I probably jinxed myself by mentioning it! The last two lights I've tried to buy off ebay for great deals have gone south. I hope to verify if that's the case or not on this one today.

I've got the setup all planned out as soon as I pull these LA Confidentials, which will be any day now! I'm on day 52 since 12/12, the profiles I've read of this breed say 45-60, and one says 56 days specifically. No big changes in trichoms though, we got milky throughout still. The test bud I dried is amazing, totally stoney. Indica sleepy at the back end but man it hits hard in the beginning! I might take @Jdeck 's suggestion and cut a few full arms off arms off today and then let the rest amber up a bit to see the difference. Cheers, have great day! :yahoo:

Frankenstein v.1 out of the mix! The 300's look fine they are going straight into production. All LED's now, I'm really happy with this setup! Haven't heard anything from the 700 guy butI'm not gonna sweat it, I really think I could have a fine flower session with what I got cooking now. Cheers have a great night!

IMG_20190502_183230038_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190502_183205515.jpg

Thanks @SmokeSara , I'll zap Kelly a note, the 300's are out for deliver today. I'm worried about coverage area more than g/w at this point, I've got alot of plants to feed! For the price of a new light I've got 3 units and 20.25' square feet which gives me way more coverage and configuration leeway to work with.

I got the 700 for super cheap, I probably jinxed myself by mentioning it! The last two lights I've tried to buy off ebay for great deals have gone south. I hope to verify if that's the case or not on this one today.

I've got the setup all planned out as soon as I pull these LA Confidentials, which will be any day now! I'm on day 52 since 12/12, the profiles I've read of this breed say 45-60, and one says 56 days specifically. No big changes in trichoms though, we got milky throughout still. The test bud I dried is amazing, totally stoney. Indica sleepy at the back end but man it hits hard in the beginning! I might take @Jdeck 's suggestion and cut a few full arms off arms off today and then let the rest amber up a bit to see the difference. Cheers, have great day! :yahoo:
Hope you already got them in hand so the plants don't have to lose light. :Namaste:

Good morning pot growing people! Today is day 56 of flower...8 weeks into a strain that they say takes 6-8 weeks. Starting to lose color in leaves on both plants, more prominently in the runt. Trichoms are 10% clear, 85% milky, 5% amber. Pistils are mostly brown, but some green, still putting out some new white hairs here and there. Bud growth seems to have slowed down, I'm not seeing major size increase over the last week. What do you think?

IMG_20190505_075903646.jpg

IMG_20190505_080253566.jpg

IMG_20190505_080302558.jpg

Good morning pot growing people! Today is day 56 of flower...8 weeks into a strain that they say takes 6-8 weeks. Starting to lose color in leaves on both plants, more prominently in the runt. Trichoms are 10% clear, 85% milky, 5% amber. Pistils are mostly brown, but some green, still putting out some new white hairs here and there. Bud growth seems to have slowed down, I'm not seeing major size increase over the last week. What do you think?

IMG_20190505_075903646.jpg

IMG_20190505_080253566.jpg

IMG_20190505_080302558.jpg
You are ready for harvest, unless you want more of a couch lock effect.

Naked and afraid! I can't bring myself to chop! Gonna leave them like this for the afternoon, have a few chores elsewhere to give me time to muster up some courage to finish the job.

IMG_20190505_102908605_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190505_102903160_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190505_102857051_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom