PC Grow - 1st Time - Feminized Auto - 69W - 2016

itpftmmu

420 Member
Hello everyone. I’m pleased to present to you my very first grow ! :welcome:

Living in a small space, a micro pc grow was the only choice available. I don’t usually smoke much (few grams a year), so this grow is more for the fun and the can I do it if I want to.

I chose an autoflower strain under 69w CFL.

• Medium : 100% potting soil.
  • Pot : the bottom (10cm / 4 inches high) of a 2 liters / 68 fl oz soda bottle. I cut holes at the bottom so water can flow through the pot bottom.
  • Light : 3*23w CFL (2 cold 5k, 1 warm 2,7k), with a fourth available for flowering, all placed between 6 to 10cm / 3 to 4 inches away from the plant.
  • Light schedule : 18/6 from start to finish.
  • Seed : sensi skunk, feminized automatic.
  • Growing space : a mid sized PC tower (50cm high). Walls were painted in matte white with a paint spray.
  • Air flow : a passive low intake and a 80mm exhaust fan. Had to put a cover over the fan so it takes air from the top where it’s hot, rather than in the middle where it is located ; it helped a lot.
  • Temp : temp inside is usually around 24-25 C° / 77F°. First had the 4 CFL on, but temp was high for my taste (above 30C° / 86 F°).
  • I don’t bother with humidity or acidity levels right now. Potting soil has a ph of 6.
  • The fan doesn’t seem to be strong enough to push air through carbon, so i will try using ona gel.
  • All in all it cost me around 120$ to get this going.

Germination :
  • 3 hours in a glass of water then wet paper towel between plates
  • Germinated after 2,5 days, then put directly in soil
  • First leaves appeared after 2 days in soil (cheers)

Vegetation (ongoing)
  • Nutriments : No nutriments until 10 days then very little
  • Training : “turn around” LST to be done when a few more leaves appear, not much space to grow on the sides. This plant is growing fast !
  • Watering : Usually every two days, when the top of the soil dries.

Now the pictures !

The PC case. As you can see it's rather extra small. 2 lights on the top, 2 on the right side. The fan is at the middle on the left. I reversed the cover so it now takes the air from the top, where it's hot.
77667520160114204932.jpg

Day 5, 2 days after seeding in soil :
4229632001.jpg

Day 9 :
7130302401.jpg

Day 13 :
8373052801.jpg

lookin good! welcome to the :420: grow room. Congrats on the successful germination and great start! Ya got a good lookin set up, i like them lil diy grows. If ya ever need any help or tips dont be afraid to ask, theres a vast sea of knowledge on this site. :thumb:

Always love when it works out like that. Thats how i got started doin small grows. Its more personal. I do garage grows but its with a few "partners". I like havin my own small gig goin on. :slide:

Hello! I love pc grows. You are going well.

But why dont you remove the case structure to get more space?

You can take everything inside of the case out...

Enviado de meu ASUS_Z00AD usando 420

Lookin good bud! Beautiful little symmetrical plant ya got there. If you are gonna "up cup" (transplant) now would be a good time to do it. If ya go too much longer, without constantly monitoring it ya might run into under water issues and the leaves might crispen up. Give her a little room to stretch her legs. Even cuttin a plastic milk jug in half would work. I know you are workin with space restrictions. Wont be much taller height wise but you will have more of a buffer zone when it comes to retaining moisture sufficient enough to keep the plant hydrated. :thumb:

:goodjob: man. Shes gonna thank ya for that. Ya might think about toppin that pretty soon? Itll keep her low. Id almost think just above the 4th node. Thatll give ya 8 branches to tug out horizontal like. The new life on the branches will grow right back vertically in a few days. Fill that case right up width wise mang! Give her a couple weeks or so to spring back and then ya should be right around time to flower. Should gine ya some nice 6'' tall nuggetrons all the way around. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom