Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

Interested to see the Perfect Sun COB setup. Guessing you aren't using CXB 3590s at that price point. Very interested to see what you have on the way. Have a friend waiting to buy a COB setup, but can't seem to get a certain vendor to reply. Maybe it's meant to be a Perfect Sun light in his tent.....

Interested to see the Perfect Sun COB setup. Guessing you aren't using CXB 3590s at that price point. Very interested to see what you have on the way. Have a friend waiting to buy a COB setup, but can't seem to get a certain vendor to reply. Maybe it's meant to be a Perfect Sun light in his tent.....

Cree is out of the COB game league right now. The new Vero and Citizen are making way more efficient chips.

You got some model numbers on that? As far as lumen per watt I haven't seen anything beating the CXB3590.

Those are actual PAR readings, I did not made them myself, because I do not own PAR meter yet. Note that higher Kelvin light is producing more lumens. Also lower color rendering index (CRI- how close is the light to the Sunlight) is producing more light. The CLU 3618 is there for novelty, because it can handle up to 500W. The CXB is 2 years old tech...

Pro_blby.png

CLU_Vero_chart.png

Hope this helps. :love: :thanks: :Namaste:

How much is the average joe smoe (less than 10 grows) yield per watt with the Goliath? I got 382g/410w (whatever that = to) from a Mars reflector in a 3x3x6. And that is with a few blues burned out. With only a temperature increase of 2-5 degrees F between inside the tent and outside. So Im just trying to figure out How much more my yield would be if That same exact grow would have been with the goliath. I know of course the Goliath is over 100w more. So it should yield more. But Compared to Gs per W. Is it worth the extra $700 (for me) No one seems to have had any of these long enough to say how long they last. So Im willing to take a leap of faith on that one. But I know there has to be several people who have already had a couple harvest with the Goliath. (not on a mover) in a 4x4 or 3x3 that can let me know what kind of increase in yield and even, hopefully, potency, smell, and taste. I hope Im not being annoying. $1100 is months of saving for me and seeing how Im in a 3x3x6 and hope to move to a 4x4. I may be better off with something just as reliable but smaller and cheaper. I feel like putting a goliath in a 3x3 would be fine. (not too much) and then moving it to a 4x4 later definitely would be fine. But still may be over kill. I know there are smaller lights like the dwarf star but I like to stay at least a foot smaller than the advertised footprint. So something covering a 3x3 I prefer to go bigger. I have put in the footwork. The research. I have read journals from elite growers. But would like to know what a joe smoe like myself could yield in a 3x3x6 growing 4 plants. And how much extra heat? Thanks to any and all that reply. PMs are welcome also.

Re: Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

I got a question. Does the mini and the 500 use the same panels as the 1000? I have a 65" wide room and thought that a 1000 with a mini on each end would cover nicely with a mover. Or even a 1000 with 500 on one end although the asymmetrical set up may be a pain to hang.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They don't. They use different lenses, different amounts of volts and 3w hi intensity diodes.

How much is the average joe smoe (less than 10 grows) yield per watt with the Goliath? I got 382g/410w (whatever that = to) from a Mars reflector in a 3x3x6. And that is with a few blues burned out. With only a temperature increase of 2-5 degrees F between inside the tent and outside. So Im just trying to figure out How much more my yield would be if That same exact grow would have been with the goliath. I know of course the Goliath is over 100w more. So it should yield more. But Compared to Gs per W. Is it worth the extra $700 (for me) No one seems to have had any of these long enough to say how long they last. So Im willing to take a leap of faith on that one. But I know there has to be several people who have already had a couple harvest with the Goliath. (not on a mover) in a 4x4 or 3x3 that can let me know what kind of increase in yield and even, hopefully, potency, smell, and taste. I hope Im not being annoying. $1100 is months of saving for me and seeing how Im in a 3x3x6 and hope to move to a 4x4. I may be better off with something just as reliable but smaller and cheaper. I feel like putting a goliath in a 3x3 would be fine. (not too much) and then moving it to a 4x4 later definitely would be fine. But still may be over kill. I know there are smaller lights like the dwarf star but I like to stay at least a foot smaller than the advertised footprint. So something covering a 3x3 I prefer to go bigger. I have put in the footwork. The research. I have read journals from elite growers. But would like to know what a joe smoe like myself could yield in a 3x3x6 growing 4 plants. And how much extra heat? Thanks to any and all that reply. PMs are welcome also.

Goliath yields 2 to 3 pounds per light in a 4x4 foot area, with a huge 582 average par for that area. That is higher than a 1000w HPS when it is brand new.

The new Perfect Sun COB, coming out in March, has a huge par average of 568 for 4x4, covering the edges with intense par like the Goliath, but it is way lighter and smaller of a light. It also uses about 88 more watts. But it is much easier to set up because of how much smaller and light. OH, and because of that the shipping is way cheaper, thus the light is only... $895. Yup. Covers 4x4 just like Goliath and a 1000w HPS.

Goliath yields 2 to 3 pounds per light in a 4x4 foot area, with a huge 582 average par for that area. That is higher than a 1000w HPS when it is brand new.

The new Perfect Sun COB, coming out in March, has a huge par average of 568 for 4x4, covering the edges with intense par like the Goliath, but it is way lighter and smaller of a light. It also uses about 88 more watts. But it is much easier to set up because of how much smaller and light. OH, and because of that the shipping is way cheaper, thus the light is only... $895. Yup. Covers 4x4 just like Goliath and a 1000w HPS.
Shut up!

I want that COB, even though I only need a 3x3 footprint. :)

Question, would the $100 discount for 420 members still apply on a COB purchase?

Re: Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

They don't. They use different lenses, different amounts of volts and 3w hi intensity diodes.

I wound up with a goliath and a pair of dwarfs for that room and a pair of minis in my cabinet. today is delivery day. goliath is already here. im fired up like a three balled tomcat!

Question i cant grow in the summer due to heat.
My house is has central air but a 600w hps gets so hot i just cant beat the heat it puts off.
I know from grows like pennywise that the lights produce amazing flowers and yield is a selling point with these lights so im not concerned there but the heat what can i expect heat wise?
As it stands now i cant use all 600w my hid draws so i feel i might as well go led.
Is the heat comparable to hid at all?
I plan on using a 435 cfm inline and carbon filter in a 4x3 tent with maybe the 1000?
Or the cob unit im very interested.
Anyone whos seen me post knows im a fan of cobs and dont even have any yet!

Need some guidance!

Not So Rookie Anymore

Back
Top Bottom