Perfect Sun LED: Higher Par Than 1000w HPS, Save $50, Q&A

i'm not to bad at the SOG under hps. best i,ve got is around 3 and 1/2 lbs from one plant.(super iced grapefruit not hard with this variety) very keen to get perfect suns COB going to see what i can do under led.

@LEDRF, why buy the PS COB over the PS Goliath? I'm deciding between the two and I believe having a Goliath would be better in almost every situation but I thought I'd ask.
I guess I should ask it this way: I want the most bud for the amount of light I buy. I have a 4x4 tent to flower in, which light should I buy? I'm not against going with the PS1000 with a light mover if that's the best option. If it matters, I'm going with the High Brix method of growing. I know ShiggityFlip has a journal with the Goliath and that looks nice but I wanted input from you.

Goliath gives bigger yields with 100w less electricity.

However, the COB does have advantages. It is light and easier to hang. It is less expensive. It has two switches on it to use less electricity, for seedling mode, early veg, then late veg and on.

I guess I should ask it this way: I want the most bud for the amount of light I buy. I have a 4x4 tent to flower in, which light should I buy? I'm not against going with the PS1000 with a light mover if that's the best option. If it matters, I'm going with the High Brix method of growing. I know ShiggityFlip has a journal with the Goliath and that looks nice but I wanted input from you.

running cost and buying cost was the big reason i 'm choosing the COB. also i've tried LED's with the veg & bloom switch with not much success. also tried just white light,bit slow in grow. the combination of led's and the cree's (for the extra spectrum) and the extra coverage makes good sense

running cost and buying cost was the big reason i 'm choosing the COB. also i've tried LED's with the veg & bloom switch with not much success. also tried just white light,bit slow in grow. the combination of led's and the cree's (for the extra spectrum) and the extra coverage makes good sense
The PS COB pulls more electricity than the Goliath so wouldn't the operational costs of the COB be more?

The PS COB pulls more electricity than the Goliath so wouldn't the operational costs of the COB be more?
"It has two switches on it to use less electricity, for seedling mode, early veg, then late veg and on."

Essentially saving energy/money during early veg with the COB.

T5s work pretty good for veg, but I can't believe how fast my plants grow under the Perfect Sun Spectrum.

For me, I would either veg under a PS 1000 on a mover, covering the whole 8x4. No other light that veg that much space, using only 530W.

That or a Dwarf Star, depending on my veg size.

T5s work pretty good for veg, but I can't believe how fast my plants grow under the Perfect Sun Spectrum.

For me, I would either veg under a PS 1000 on a mover, covering the whole 8x4. No other light that veg that much space, using only 530W.

That or a Dwarf Star, depending on my veg size.
I wish I had space for a 8x4... unfortunately I only have space for a 4x4 and a corner or closet to veg my little ones. If I had the space and the $$$ I'd have two Goliath's or cobs going in a 8x4 tent hitting those 4-6 lb mark.

Back
Top Bottom