Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1K Lights Ebb & Flow

1st Harvest Begins

After 62 days in the flower room 98 days over all, I've harvested my first ripe plant. It was showing mostly cloudy trics with 20-30% amber. I can't get a picture at 100x so I can't show that. Got her all trimmed up and ready:
2011-01-10_11-56-33_989.jpg

Then I cut it down one branch at a time. I manicured all the buds and have them hanging up to dry:
2011-01-10_13-53-56_520.jpg

The whole plant weighed in at 252.9 grams wet and trimmed. The top Kola array weighed in at 55.2 grams wet as shown here:
2011-01-10_13-51-17_458.jpg

This gal has a twin sister which will need to come down later today. Waiting on my second wind for that.

Re: Perpetual Batch Grow - Indoor Hyrdo 4 1k lights Ebb&FLow

I've dried the first plant from batch one. I took 4 days in my dry box to get her steams to snap. She came out to 54 grams. I'm so happy I have her wrapped up. She's had a hard time of it being the oldest and all. This is the first I've smoked of the Hindu Skunk and it has a skunk taste to it and a nice buzz. Still a little leafy taste to it but it needs to cure some before she's really ready.
2011-01-14_13-14-55_454.jpg

looking good....yep, it gets brownish gold when done curing...all the green has been used up then....it can "live" up to 9 mo. while curing on a micro level....it just keeps turning the green into sugar....L:tokin::goodluck:

Thanks Lav, thought I lost my audience. Thanks again for the Bubba Kush pointers. Those gals are looking good. I think I'll move them up to flower in the next few days. I have a few more to harvest to clear out the space. I'm just waiting for those amber trics to fill in a bit more.

yep, waiting, i flushed one about ten days ago, shes cannabalizing all her leaves, good thing, but the t's havent changed one bit....in the mean time 3 others are in the ready to flush group, so now i have 4 that are flushed, and none that are ready, so with my luck, they'll all go at once....then i can put in the new backups, which will leave me with only one set of backups....seed time....L
i dont think any of them read the descriptions!!! or follow the rules??

I'm having some rotational issues as well. My drivers license renewal held up my new MM card for a couple of weeks so I couldn't restock new clones. Then my leading veg batch those BKs got sick and the batches behind them need more weeks before they are ready. So my rotation is falling behind. My old gals are all yellow now been flushed for 8 days but still show some clear ts and many ambers. Every day I can wait makes both batches bigger but delays the next incoming batch clones. I'm going to ad hoc some more veg space to get me by. I'm also increasing the plant count in the batches to keep the space full. I'm going to add a batch of Bubba Kush and Casey Jones to the flower room next. After that I have some Blue Dream.
Seems like I've got a lot of room for improvement. I redid my water. I have the trays plumbed in pairs instead of 4 to a line. The batches each sit in two trays so each line goes to a batch, I can put more water into the trays when they fill as they are half the volume at a time now. I do have to water in series. 3 res pump to 6 trays and drain then I switch the lines and pump the other 6 trays. I can go 5 days on my res now and still get a decent fill.
I believe I have finally found my yellow leaf problem. After trying many things air, temp, flushing, drainage, light..., I now think its caused by malnutrition. I've been raising the nut levels and it seems to be working. I got a lot of advice not to over feed or over water so it wasn't my first remedy. But now I'm up to full recipes of my GH nuts. I think the BKs will need even more as they don't like as much watering. Plants just cant eat rockwool. I've been testing increased root volume and its not making a difference so far. Seems like the 6 inch cubes are enough roots for my ebb and flow.
I plan to shut down in May. Reconfigure the lighting and start the rotation over with a build up to longer veg times and bigger plants to increase the yield and get my plant count down.

wish i were brave enough to try hydro, but alot of new tricks, an an old dog...you know the story....cleaned up the dead yellow leaves last nite...sure was a mess....im kinda letting the whole thing get empty now on the start end....need to clean up the area and put new babies, seedlings in, there....but right now, im just cycling.....and waiting....need to get some more diesels going and such, probably more indicas as i have a new patient that uses those and the hybreds onlly....and he looks them up too, likes to know what hes taking....his he doesnt get flakey, hell be a good one to keep...uses 2g's a day....and wants to make honey....later, L

Another old dog here. I think that both dirt and hyrdo will work and I think the yield would be very similar. There are a different set of issues and advantages from both.
I found a news story on taxing the clubs. It claimed that Harbor Side did 38 million in gross last year. Very close to the estimate I made based on the traffic. 6 cashiers and a line of patients waiting open to close. I'd guess thats 6500 lbs a year or 18 lbs a day.

Upgraded Veg Closet

I added some more lights and a ad hoc tray for new arrivals to bubble up my plant count. I had 3 125w CLFs and I added 4 sets of 40w and 30w CFLs to cover the gaps between the 125s and cover the new girls:
IMG00282-20110116-0750.jpg
IMG00283-20110116-0751.jpg
IMG00284-20110116-0751.jpg

There's 6 Bubba Kush in front 4 Casey Jones in the middle and 6 more BKs in back. My new batch is Blue Dream.:lot-o-toke:

Batch One Harvest Complete

I had a rough few days. My grow is now full and then some. Dry box full, veg closet overflowing, and the flower room is full up now. After watching the first few batches, I decided I needed more plants per tray. I wasn't getting the prime spaces filled with buds. So I've moved to batches with more plants. Space is tight and the work has been slow going getting all the gals into place for this rotation. To add to my work load I had a power outage and part of my air seal failed so I had a mad scramble to repair that damage.
Batch One is drying or curing now:
4 OG Lemon Kush and 2 Hindu Skunk. The OG Lemon Kush have been my biggest producers and are way sticky to work with. They are taking to my grow the best of the strains I have tried. Looks like all four will be just short of 2 oz. Here's the OG on its way out:
2011-01-17_18-31-05_462.jpg
2011-01-17_12-45-49_117.jpg
2011-01-17_18-40-42_871.jpg

Sorry no time to get the light right so there's not many pics this time.
Batch 2 is more OG Lemon Kush. Flower day 62.These are the biggest and healthiest plants in the garden will be a shame to cut em down. These should be bigger then the last batch.
Batch 3 is Purple Kush. Flower day 50. These gals vegged 62 days to reach a height of just over a foot. The buds look so nice and test pulls have been promising. These are too small to work with again.
Batch 4 is Blueberry. Flower day 43. These plants haven't taken to my garden very well. They have some ph lock and some nute burn.
Batch 5 is Afgan Kush and more OG Lemon Kush. Day 29. The Afgan Kush have great height. I have their tops growing sideways.
Batch 6 is Grand Daddy Purple. Day 19 Still early but they are doing well. I tried out the hyrdro balls on a few of these.
Batch 7 is the Bubba Kush wilt survivors and Casey Jones. They just went into flower.

In veg I have more Bubba Kush, Blue Dream, Mendo Afgoo, and Sweet tooth.:party:

Thanks Tmac. I've got calenders, schedules, spreadsheets and diagrams for everything. With the rotation I have to plan everything out so it doesn't bottleneck too often. I have a traffic jam in the veg now. Which will flow like a snake swallowing a pig throw my grow. Its a bubble up to the last batch before I shut down, take a break and retool.

Back
Top Bottom