Perpetual Growing

Hi @Trala! I'm doing perpetual, outdoor in veg greenhouse and flower greenhouse, in soil w/ coir and organic nutes. What I'm doing is very laid back with no worries... very easy and fun. The only time I crack new seeds is when I want to introduce new genetics... just did this recently. Otherwise, I am cloning in the veg house right before I transfer the mother plants to the flower house, which I also just did a couple days ago. I am cloning clones, not keeping mothers. If I only want to preserve some genetics, I will keep one plant in a smallish pot (5 gal) to take clones from, usually just 3 clones to preserve the genetics, and the best one becomes the next mother plant. My "production" plants go from 1 gal. plastic to 15 gal. smart pots. I have several phenos that I'm running with. I think it's a very good idea to focus on the phenos that do the best, and then clone them. For me, this is essentially the one best plant. I'm doing some dead simple cloning using a clear plastic tote as the humidity dome, and near 100% success, so cloning is very easy. Fortunately, my ambient day/night temperatures are ideal, year round. I'm using "night interruption" in the veg house, to control flowering, using inexpensive 13w daylight spectrum LED bulbs. It's worth noting that I'm seeing very quick flowering time of less than 40 DAYS. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I am continuing to observe.

Hi @Trala! I'm doing perpetual, outdoor in veg greenhouse and flower greenhouse, in soil w/ coir and organic nutes. What I'm doing is very laid back with no worries... very easy and fun. The only time I crack new seeds is when I want to introduce new genetics... just did this recently. Otherwise, I am cloning in the veg house right before I transfer the mother plants to the flower house, which I also just did a couple days ago. I am cloning clones, not keeping mothers. If I only want to preserve some genetics, I will keep one plant in a smallish pot (5 gal) to take clones from, usually just 3 clones to preserve the genetics, and the best one becomes the next mother plant. My "production" plants go from 1 gal. plastic to 15 gal. smart pots. I have several phenos that I'm running with. I think it's a very good idea to focus on the phenos that do the best, and then clone them. For me, this is essentially the one best plant. I'm doing some dead simple cloning using a clear plastic tote as the humidity dome, and near 100% success, so cloning is very easy. Fortunately, my ambient day/night temperatures are ideal, year round. I'm using "night interruption" in the veg house, to control flowering, using inexpensive 13w daylight spectrum LED bulbs. It's worth noting that I'm seeing very quick flowering time of less than 40 DAYS. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but I am continuing to observe.
Hi there :)

Sounds great.

I was doing clones until my mite problems.

My absolute fave way to clone is monstercropping. There is something hugely satisfying about taking a sprig and producing a plant, aye?

Do you have a journal?

My absolute fave way to clone is monstercropping. There is something hugely satisfying about taking a sprig and producing a plant, aye?

Do you have a journal?
I haven't tried monster cropping yet... thanks for that tip.

No, I don't have a grow journal... maybe one of these days when I've got something extra special going on. I thought about growing a couple trees in my bigger greenhouse, but gotta get that greenhouse repaired and operational again. I'll shoot for the summer season. I have just started some Blue Dream cross plants, and a Gelato cross, and either would likely be good prospects for the trees, in 40 gal. smart pots. The Gelato cross has the biggest indica leaves of anything I've grown yet! Ah, but I will need to figure out how to block light from the veg greenhouse from reaching the plants in the big greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom